PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2010, 10:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH 2
Carrier: US CELLULAR
Threadstarter

kenscivic is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Stupid guy with smart phone (Advice needed)

Thanks all that posted!!! I put my first rom on the phone. It runs smoother now with less lag between screens so I am pretty much excited about it. It was alot simpler than I thought it would be Appreciate all the words of encouragement. Maybe one day I will be just sub par intelligence using a smart phone instead of stupid lol.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:59 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenscivic View Post
Thanks all that posted!!! I put my first rom on the phone. It runs smoother now with less lag between screens so I am pretty much excited about it. It was alot simpler than I thought it would be Appreciate all the words of encouragement. Maybe one day I will be just sub par intelligence using a smart phone instead of stupid lol.
What ROM did you go with?

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:37 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
What ROM did you go with?
The Mighty Rom I believe, I really just wanted to go with a popular rom that seemed very stable just to make sure I could do it without destroying my phone (I have skills beyond most with destruction of anything electrical).

My only complaint is the lag when you open up the text screen but it's around the same as the oem Rom... It seems like it uses alot of the pc though. When I turn off the phone and turn it on it drops down the usage to high 40s but as soon as I do anything it jumps upto 60ish it seems like..But even with that it still runs so much smoother than it did before.

I def. enjoy most of the little things on it. The simplest little things you would not think is annoying but as soon as they are done better you realize how bad the old stuff bothered you, lol.

Any other suggestions for stable roms? I might go with another one just to play around with it more.

On a side note, I told my fiance what I was doing and she said I am officially a nerd, so I punched her in the ovaries and screamed out "Ppcgeeks ROCKS!"
This post has been thanked 11 times.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

YnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
=

On a side note, I told my fiance what I was doing and she said I am officially a nerd, so I punched her in the ovaries and screamed out "Ppcgeeks ROCKS!"

you are my favorite person on ppcgeeks right now. mind if put that in my signature?

Quote:
Old 06-20-2010, 09:26 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by YnYng View Post
you are my favorite person on ppcgeeks right now. mind if put that in my signature?

Ha, go ahead.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

patheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to patheticpuma

Welcome to the forums, just wanted to say i got my start on this site same way as you, dive in with near no knowledge with smartphones and read read read, didnt take long once i started flashing roms i began experimenting and cooking my own, did this with the vogue, then the touch pro, then the diamond, and soon the touch pro2. this is hands down my favorite site for cdma phone advice, you couldnt have picked a better place to start. In just over a year of being a member I am top phone geek amongst my friends, THANKS PPCGEEKS.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:15 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by patheticpuma View Post
Welcome to the forums, just wanted to say i got my start on this site same way as you, dive in with near no knowledge with smartphones and read read read, didnt take long once i started flashing roms i began experimenting and cooking my own, did this with the vogue, then the touch pro, then the diamond, and soon the touch pro2. this is hands down my favorite site for cdma phone advice, you couldnt have picked a better place to start. In just over a year of being a member I am top phone geek amongst my friends, THANKS PPCGEEKS.
Lol, I feel as if I will be on this forum everyday for a while. Flashed Mr.X rom on there. LOVE IT! I might rock this one for more than a day. Got to read up on the mms fixes though. Seems as if my phone gets the message but does not show it (like the phone will light up if on standby and be processing something for a second then no mms will pop up)

Ill figure her out lol.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4g

jrob is becoming a great contributor
Thumbs up Re: Stupid guy with smart phone (Advice needed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
also just a reminder...the amount of text messages/emails you have stored on your device can also slow down your device. so as much as possible, keep the messages on your phone on a minimal level.

+2 even though i flashed to a bare back rom, my phone at times would tend to run slow until i started deleting old text messages that I didn't need anymore.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4g

jrob is becoming a great contributor
Thumbs up Re: Stupid guy with smart phone (Advice needed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patheticpuma View Post

same here. i had a friend who worked for verizon tell me about this site ('07) and been hooked every since. matter of fact, now he asks me questions!!!
Old 06-21-2010, 06:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Zwei
Carrier: TNN (the now network)

bdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:

Any other suggestions for stable roms? I might go with another one just to play around with it more.

I am running Might Rom as well. Another popular Rom is NRG. every Chef has a differnt style. Like its been mentioned the best thing to do is to try different ones and find one you like best. Welcome to the site!!

That was the best quote i have heard in a while!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YnYng View Post
+1
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2