PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 12:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
We call them Chef's don't we?

And they were tasty. Thanks for asking...
lol... really am curious as to what you picked up @ a good deal "batter"? did i miss something?
With some batteries, I think we would be better with batter to run our phones. Sure would be cheaper if the phone was sugar powered.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinsoldier79
Hey kyder.. nice to see someone local.. I work in rochester NY
Nice. Good to meet ya. I'll PM ya.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Exit24 is keeping up the good workExit24 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Exclamation Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 06| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

Does anyone else have a problem with Opera closing when you have it running in the background? Everytime I minimize it to read a text message I go to the task manager to reopen it and its always gone. I have the correcting settings checked in the task manager to keep applications open. I only seem to have this problem with Opera. I have been having the problem with the last several versions of GTX. It's probably not the rom, but I'm just wondering if maybe its a problem with Opera.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

alexander7 is a n00b
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 06| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

does anyone have a problem with the phone unlocking by itself ?
everytime i take the subway my phone unlocks itself and by the time i take out the phone from my pocket it will be in some screen (like email, facebook).

i'm running the sencity dec.16th (?)
Old 01-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 06| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander7 View Post
everytime i take the subway my phone unlocks itself and by the time i take out the phone from my pocket it will be in some screen (like email, facebook).

Do you mean unlocking like just turning itself on or unlocking itself from the lockscreen?

If it is turning on, then it is not a rom related problem as all touchpro's and touchpro2's - and many other wm phones - turn themselves on when they go in and out of roaming and lose and then reacquire a signal. In that case, turning on the actual lock screen through settings or advanced cookie settings will keep it from changing screens and pocket dialing. I set mint to power off after 30 secs of non use while on battery and that helps.

David
Old 01-10-2011, 05:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

PapaPrem is keeping up the good workPapaPrem is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit24 View Post
Does anyone else have a problem with Opera closing when you have it running in the background? Everytime I minimize it to read a text message I go to the task manager to reopen it and its always gone. I have the correcting settings checked in the task manager to keep applications open. I only seem to have this problem with Opera. I have been having the problem with the last several versions of GTX. It's probably not the rom, but I'm just wondering if maybe its a problem with Opera.

Set the Page Pool to 16. I believe the default PP of 20 is too high and eats away the RAM. When I had the GTX Roms running at the 20 Page Pool, I would get a lot of freezes and automatic shut downs of running programs. The recommended 12 Page Pool felt somewhat slow to me. 16 is the sweet spot.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: NON

eklektos89 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
Welcome to the "EnergyROM" thread !

This development thread is for my "Energy" custom firmware series for the HTC Touch Pro2 CDMA (Rhodium) device.

This ROM will NOT work for GSM devices! (Tmobile, AT&T, and the rest of the world pretty much). It only works on CDMA devices, mostly released in the US (Sprint, Verizon, Altel, etc...).

I do make a GSM version and that can be found here!

The current build numbers and date can be seen in the title of this thread. I usually update the ROMs about twice a week, as new builds come down the pipe or as new software/updates are available.

I build my ROMs with four main goals.
  • Eye candy ( I want my ROM to look great and for it to all flow together nicely)
  • Speed !!!
  • Smoothness, consistency and good aesthetics
  • Stability through private beta testing before public release

I pre-configure a lot of things in my ROM, because when I flash it on my phone, I want it ready to go. So, expect the backlight to be set at the maximum brightness, the ringtone, sms/email and other notifications to already be set. Doing it this way, makes for a nice ROM that's ready out of the box.

I recommend learning to backup your settings with either Sashimi or UC (User Customization). Backing up with SPB Backup or similar products, is NOT recommended, as they tend to backup the previous release's registry/file bugs as well!

Looking at the download folder you will find two core versions of my ROM.

• A 21916 Build which is the most reliable and bug free release. It has the Start menu button at the top left corner. This build uses the same stock system that came with your device. This is usually the fastest and most stable build, but it's also the least fancy
  • A 29007 Build that's the latest in Microsoft's development with the Start menu button at the bottom left corner and big softkeys, making it all very "finger friendly". These builds reflect the latest cutting edge technology from Microsoft. Most people choose this build... Why else would you install a custom ROM ?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can stay up to date on the status of my ROM development by "following" me on Twitter.

It's definitely the fastest way to get in touch with me and please don't be afraid to tweet me if you see major issues with the ROMs.
I generally do not answer "support" questions on Twitter, as it's really not the proper medium for that. Service packs and quick fixes will always be released as links in my tweets and that's definitely the fastest way to get a fix for a ROM.

To follow me on twitter, click here!

very good rom. thanks a lot
Old 01-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander7 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Do you mean unlocking like just turning itself on or unlocking itself from the lockscreen?

If it is turning on, then it is not a rom related problem as all touchpro's and touchpro2's - and many other wm phones - turn themselves on when they go in and out of roaming and lose and then reacquire a signal. In that case, turning on the actual lock screen through settings or advanced cookie settings will keep it from changing screens and pocket dialing. I set mint to power off after 30 secs of non use while on battery and that helps.

David
To add, are you using a cell phone holster with a magnetic latch? If so when you slide your phone by the latch it can think you are opening the keyboard and unlock your phone.
I dont think anyone has figured out how to turn the slide keyboard to unlock feature off on these phones.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

@alex... maybe there is a magnetic field caused by or close to the subway? that could cause the phone to unlock.

hey guys what pagepool are you using and whats your available free ram and free storage memory? id like a little more ram
Old 01-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

pdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuff

Just wanted to say goodbye to this thread and acquaintances made along the way. I'm changing phones.

Thank you Energy for many wasted hours. J/k (true though)...I enjoy it
This post has been thanked 4 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development