PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011, 05:18 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 28| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeaw3000 View Post
1. going back to the 29xxx OS version

+1 on that. Somehow recreate the magic of 29005 Dec 13th with the new Manila stuff.

Thanks for all the GR8 stuff...
Old 03-04-2011, 05:44 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 28| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
SO.. sup ? I havent been in this thread for a while. Anything I can do to the ROM to improve it ?
Re. your ANDROID TWEET, on a CDMA TP2
hey, was just going to tweet you... in response to yours... you asked if anyone is doing Android on a CDMA TP2

In my sig you'll find a link "Android", click it, mods here @ ppc made it a sticky... I use your ROM for starters...

Also in sig (post 6) is link to your faq, under A (faq is alpha) is a link to it "Android" also..

Works great!

1/2 down is the latest & greatest, i'll update with a link... top of the line cdma TP2 only advances..

*edit* update: look @ #3 link below for some good stuff, from my droid sticky, #1 is nand CDMA nate is on verizon
Other Branches & Important stuff:
1. nand, 01-09-2011: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...e-devices.html (nand deals with booting from the TP2 NOT the SD card)
2. Touch Pro 2 (ONLY!!) testing & updates: Read & DL here: ndno important posts: #15, #654, this thread: Froyo x 2011.01.23 and sense x 2011.01.12
3. [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [01/23] FRX04 Reference! (thanks docnas for link)

Last edited by teradog; 03-04-2011 at 06:56 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:45 PM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
+1 on that. Somehow recreate the magic of 29005 Dec 13th with the new Manila stuff.

Thanks for all the GR8 stuff...
What's wrong with the 28XXX build ?

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:09 PM
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
SO.. sup ? I havent been in this thread for a while. Anything I can do to the ROM to improve it ?
Re. any issues & improvements & this 28xxx series: seems many more support Q's & problems, I haven't been around much in the last couple weeks... Many have jumped back to 29007, most jumpers going to 29005, I'm on it, super stable, fast.. etc.. Problems usually go away... some love 28xxx, can't say, too many issues for me on that build last fall, so I avoided.

disclaimer: I never tried 007, didn't need to.

**Most complaints & exits still due to Blue tooth issue we've killed discussing... typical complaint "other ROMS work"... hangup issue

I'm sure many if not most are Cookie related

**Lots of requests for a change log... #30687

**BIG request for updated 29xxx ROMs, one of the guys here used Google translator (monfro) I think, & found a bunch of newer 29xxx (29017) OS's, in Chinese (Mandarin) long time ago, thought he even updated saying some were available...

hmmm, letme think, will update
**#30711 but single complaint
**Lots of requests for cookie 1.8.5 roms
**older: mp3 pics & other stuff on this page: #30672
#30643 (one of your old posts Ninja Duck)
** won't answer calls #30648
** some talk about older .net versions running games better & some false DRM excitement ..
** old volume button issue #30620
** bunch of font issues to start the month #30238

that should take you back to mid Feb

In Jan, I recommended running Sprint provisioning always due to some of the posts around that time AND issues with not receiving some text messages & ## keys not working. Also, may have something to do with the post, I quoted below...? #30074

A couple of sharp newer guys to watch, akeaw300 & powinmo.. the later has been around for a few months now & helps on the faq... ( finally edited out that DRM info powinmo :>)))

Go ahead & bump anyother issues or thoughts you guys have right now please... It's a good time. We haven't forgot about you, just hard to remember everyones issues! Don't worry you won't get slammed, just make sure you tell us which ROM, date & detail out issue...
THANKS!

Last edited by teradog; 03-04-2011 at 06:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom--> HTC Trophy

WMFan85 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

So is anyone else having troubles using logmein? I can get it to work fine on the stock rom by using kfortouchpro and ietoggle, but when I flash the rom, and install kfortouchpro, my fn keys get messed up and each key puts in a different thing than what it's supposed to (example: "(" actually puts in a ":").

Any ideas?
Old 03-04-2011, 06:46 PM
VIP Member - Retired

Re: Please Add This to the FAQ/WIKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeaw3000 View Post
*BUMP, BUMP, BUMP* Would be nice to add to the FAQ/WIKI "Can't answer incoming calls"
*Note: The .reg file and the reg edit do the same thing.
speaking of this post...
I'm on sprint & never have this issue...
A while back I re-recommended you run Sprint provisioning every time you flash for a variety of issues, even though NRG builds Sprint in..

HERE: #30074

Are you doing that? Do you folks still have this issue?

Last edited by teradog; 03-04-2011 at 06:52 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Hi there NRG.

Running smooth here for me with the early Jan 29007 CHT 2.0 (Jan 6?) OC'd to 748 with winmospeed. Prob going back to OCT 1.5 though.

Been too busy with exams lately to flash but I may give the Feb 28 a try this weekend. Also been running android but again, havn'thad much time to play with it.

Overall, I'm very happy with the ROM that I'm on and things are running smoothly for me. I must be one of the lucky ones that got a very good phone as I almost never (knocks on wood) have any problems with your ROM's on it.

Thanks for your hard work and for keeping it alive.

David
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

On 28244 Feb 27th Sencity. Using Quick Menu to save memory. Turned off Settings Tab via registry, renamed Twitter and Stock dll's to .xxx for mor e savings. Clearned Txt messages more than once.

When flashed, I Task 29, flash, hard reset then do my UC_XDA setups (Thumbcal, Coreplayer are the heavy weights I use installed to main memory)

Little over 200 contacts.
3 email accounts (Outlook via Activesync Push, Gmail 30min check, Hotmail as they arrive)
Calendar sync'd via Activeysync with work.

OC'd via winmospeed to 748 like others. Had 1 lockup but was during sync of contacts (have had this before with initial sync of 200+ contacts from MyPhone so not a big deal). Since initial sync, have not had an issue with lock ups.

Above is to give an idea of my setup.

Issues: Slide to answer does not answer the call. Pressing the hardware key does answer the call.

Is there a registry setting that can change the slide to answer to just buttons (answer and ignore) or another dialer .cab that still gives the caller id like the dialer that is cooked it?

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 03-04-2011, 11:30 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
What's wrong with the 28XXX build ?
It just does not perform as well overall from a speed and stability standpoing. IMHO. Having said that, the most recent build has been pretty stable for me.

Obviously, experiences can and do vary.

Here is some additional feedback:
  • Sometimes when you turn the screen on, the home screen does not load correctly. Simply turning the display off and back on again seems to fix it.
  • Memory drains and when it gets too low, the GPS hangs until reboot (Bing).
Old 03-04-2011, 11:30 PM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Re. any issues & improvements & this 28xxx series: seems many more support Q's & problems, I haven't been around much in the last couple weeks... Many have jumped back to 29007, most jumpers going to 29005, I'm on it, super stable, fast.. etc.. Problems usually go away... some love 28xxx, can't say, too many issues for me on that build last fall, so I avoided.

disclaimer: I never tried 007, didn't need to.

**Most complaints & exits still due to Blue tooth issue we've killed discussing... typical complaint "other ROMS work"... hangup issue

I'm sure many if not most are Cookie related

**Lots of requests for a change log... #30687

**BIG request for updated 29xxx ROMs, one of the guys here used Google translator (monfro) I think, & found a bunch of newer 29xxx (29017) OS's, in Chinese (Mandarin) long time ago, thought he even updated saying some were available...

hmmm, letme think, will update
**#30711 but single complaint
**Lots of requests for cookie 1.8.5 roms
**older: mp3 pics & other stuff on this page: #30672
#30643 (one of your old posts Ninja Duck)
** won't answer calls #30648
** some talk about older .net versions running games better & some false DRM excitement ..
** old volume button issue #30620
** bunch of font issues to start the month #30238

that should take you back to mid Feb

In Jan, I recommended running Sprint provisioning always due to some of the posts around that time AND issues with not receiving some text messages & ## keys not working. Also, may have something to do with the post, I quoted below...? #30074

A couple of sharp newer guys to watch, akeaw300 & powinmo.. the later has been around for a few months now & helps on the faq... ( finally edited out that DRM info powinmo :>)))

Go ahead & bump anyother issues or thoughts you guys have right now please... It's a good time. We haven't forgot about you, just hard to remember everyones issues! Don't worry you won't get slammed, just make sure you tell us which ROM, date & detail out issue...
THANKS!

Alrighty .. will look at this stuff tonight and see what I can fix.
This post has been thanked 6 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development