PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Mar 30| 21916|29017 * Sense 20

NRG: 21916 rom Sencity March 30th.

Having a couple of issues:
1. Start Icon is showing what looks like an Android with the X at the bottom right corner.
2. Inbox Soft Right Key: Reply and Reply All. If I change the value in Registry, it does not take even after a restart. The soft left key still says and performs Reply All.

Trying the 21916 to see if this solves some of the phone call answering issues I was getting with 29017 Rom.....or if the hardware is starting to go bad.

Will test out the Bluetooth on this tonight.

Thanks for the great work.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 04-01-2011, 12:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Mar 30| 21916|29017 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
Hmm okay.. well that's better than nothing I guess.

next up, we'll try the verizon MR1 ROM BT stack as some members suggested.
Downloading the ROM now. Phone hung again on me. It seems after a few days, the ROM get's unstable...

I will let you know what happens....
Old 04-01-2011, 01:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

healthylaff is a n00b
Unhappy Registry Error (code 19) - UNABLE to SYNC to PC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo View Post
While you have TP2 connected, go back to device manager>portable devices... uninstall TP2. Also, if you re-installed WMDC, uninstall it again, then restart computer and try again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH3 View Post
Reboot your computer. Reconnect. Should work.

This is a frequent problem with Windows Mobile Device Center.

A solution that has helped keep this from happening.

Unininstall Windows Mobile Device Center.

Reboot.

Download the latest version of Windows Mobile Device Center.

Reboot.

Problem will now happen much less frequently, if it happens at all.
Those were the first things I did! Here is what I've learned:

Like a dumbass, I should have tried a windows 7 system restore first... The registry got corrupted and I probably could have fixed it by restoring, but no, I had to be an IT sleuth (mostly because my phone was trashed, too, and I didn't reflash the ROM until a couple days ago).

Now, I've tried to uninstall/reinstall WMDC so many times that I don't have a restore point back to mid-March.

With Windows 7, WMDC is built right into OS--no need to install to sync with a TP2 (and I verified this on a friend's identical laptop, configured the same, who had never synced with any phone before), so there was a registry error created by the attempted sync with the new PocketQuicken PPC 2.5 install on the phone.

At this point, I think I need a registry guru to weigh in (again, it's a Code 19 Error):
  • Can this be fixed?
  • If so, how?
  • Any registry repair programs going to do it?
  • Am I going to have to reinstall Windows 7 (please tell me "no")?
TIA (hopefully my stupidity will prevent someone else from making these grave mistakes).

Last edited by healthylaff; 04-01-2011 at 01:13 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:27 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthylaff
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo View Post
While you have TP2 connected, go back to device manager>portable devices... uninstall TP2. Also, if you re-installed WMDC, uninstall it again, then restart computer and try again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH3 View Post
Reboot your computer. Reconnect. Should work.

This is a frequent problem with Windows Mobile Device Center.

A solution that has helped keep this from happening.

Unininstall Windows Mobile Device Center.

Reboot.

Download the latest version of Windows Mobile Device Center.

Reboot.

Problem will now happen much less frequently, if it happens at all.
Those were the first things I did! Here is what I've learned:

Like a dumbass, I should have tried a windows 7 system restore first... The registry got corrupted and I probably could have fixed it by restoring, but no, I had to be an IT sleuth (mostly because my phone was trashed, too, and I didn't reflash the ROM until a couple days ago).

Now, I've tried to uninstall/reinstall WMDC so many times that I don't have a restore point back to mid-March.

With Windows 7, WMDC is built right into OS--no need to install to sync with a TP2 (and I verified this on a friend's identical laptop, configured the same, who had never synced with any phone before), so there was a registry error created by the attempted sync with the new PocketQuicken PPC 2.5 install on the phone.

At this point, I think I need a registry guru to weigh in (again, it's a Code 19 Error):
  • Can this be fixed?
  • If so, how?
  • Any registry repair programs going to do it?
  • Am I going to have to reinstall Windows 7 (please tell me "no")?
TIA (hopefully my stupidity will prevent someone else from making these grave mistakes).
if you provide the keys, I will send you what they look like on a working system or you could just take that approach yourself. Model success..
Old 04-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

healthylaff is a n00b
going to need step-by-step instructions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

if you provide the keys, I will send you what they look like on a working system or you could just take that approach yourself. Model success..
Good idea, thanks!

How do I obtain the affected keys? You'll have to give me really concise instructions, as I'm very weak on registry issues.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: going to need step-by-step instructions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthylaff View Post
Good idea, thanks!

How do I obtain the affected keys? You'll have to give me really concise instructions, as I'm very weak on registry issues.

Since this isn't ROM related, send me a PM and I will try to help you get this going.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:49 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

could install windows 7 over top of itself and i would think that would fix it, been a while since i have messed with windows since i mostly use os x nowadays.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

blunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV View Post
I just flashed 29017 sencity Mar 30 and tested it out on my Moto T215 bluetooth set.

I just flashed and did not install anything yet. The first call took 3 hangup attempts before it hung up. It did hang up though and I get a #777 message. I made several other calls from and to my cell and they all worked fine with the BT set hanging up properly with no additional #777 messages.

This is much better than anything before as I've never been able to hang up before.

I'm now adding all my cabs to see if they break anything

thanks,
dave
I wonder if the above is related to the below! I know one has to do with answering and the other has to do with hanging up...but the #777 error is a commonality. Below has been a workable fix for those who were having problems with answering calls:

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeaw3000
I read somewhere that this problem has something to do with changes the Advanced Configuration program makes. It seemed to happen to me when I set the data connection to disconnect after x minutes of inactivity. I created a registry edit [attached, see direct post] that works for me... it runs automatically from my XDA_UC folder. If you use Advanced Configuration, make sure to run this file afterwards. I found this fix to also help with MS My Phone connection issues I was having.
Note: Did not work on 01.Feb 28244 Standard ROM for some reason :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentz919
Go into registry editor>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Comm>ConnMgr>Planner>Settings Now under the list look for the Name: SuspendResume and if it says anything other than #777 then change it to #777. Fixes the slider and answering phone... I have to do it all the time after i re-flash.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

frozenbutt is keeping up the good workfrozenbutt is keeping up the good work

I just grabbed the Apr 1st Titanium and will flash tomorrow. Hangup has always been an issue with my car's bluetooth so I will test that first thing and post results.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: InterDnestrCom

Targitai is a n00b

It's a great ROM. But since it's only Coockie 2.0 - it's imposible to use it. Sense is hangs very often. So, may be will turn to 1.8.5?
PS. May be, that i do not use any carrier cab, becouse i'm from Moldova. And, if it posible, it would be great to see this ROM with rusian language (419). Many Many Thanks!

PPS. I'm sorry for my English.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development