PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2011, 03:29 AM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Please Add This to the FAQ/WIKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
speaking of this post...
I'm on sprint & never have this issue...
A while back I re-recommended you run Sprint provisioning every time you flash for a variety of issues, even though NRG builds Sprint in..

HERE: #30074

Are you doing that? Do you folks still have this issue?
I just made the Sprint provisioning cab the default provisioning for the ROM out of the box from now on. I obviously have no way to test it as I have a Sprint TP2 with no service on it... but maybe you guys can send me feedback on that the next time a ROM is released

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:30 AM
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 1| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
+1000! i have the same issue! kdfont works fine on nov 28244 builds but not the jan 26th build. another issue is that it doesnt change fonts from regular to bold like it should. like for instance, when reading the forum read threads should be regular text and unread should be bold right? well thats not how it is... everything is bold. so what do you pros suggest we try? ive saw several people having the same issues, any suggestions for a solution?
My ROMs use custom fonts. You have to revert to the stock fonts BEFORE you start messing with fonts. Most font changing apps dont take into account custom fonts. Hell, most chefs dont change the fonts in the ROM.. I happen to do that.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:33 AM
Threadstarter

Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 12| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by seti007 View Post
Anyone else having issues with changing volume using the volume button when listining to music with the screen off? I get an error message and the volume does not change with the latest feb12th rom?
Thanks
Just tried doing this on the latest cookie 6.5.x rom. Everything works as expected ? Can you provide more details on the build you're using ?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:34 AM
Threadstarter

Re: Please Add This to the FAQ/WIKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeaw3000 View Post
*BUMP, BUMP, BUMP* Would be nice to add to the FAQ/WIKI "Can't answer incoming calls"
*Note: The .reg file and the reg edit do the same thing.
Does this happen with the ROM out of the box without ANY modifications you've done ?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:36 AM
Threadstarter

Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 28| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowYouHow View Post
Energy.RHODCDMA.28244.Sense2.5.Feb.27.7z on Sprint TP2 - but I've noticed this happening in the past few NRG roms I've tried.

When switching to a different tab on the slider, or changing orientation, the screen temporarily gets a graphic glitch that stretches out graphics looking similar to CRT scanlines (rows of graphics are spaced a pixel apart) Is this a known issue or do you suspect a hardware problem with my refurb?

This is noticed upon a Task29 + ROM Flash with no O/C - and MyPhone sync, email accounts and provisioning added only.

Thanks in advance. (I'm not crazy about the extra features of Cookie 2.0 - but the Sencity "in-progress" Cookie 2.0 is looking sweet. I'm hoping there is some arrival of that soon)
This doesn't happen with the ROM out of the box. You're not installing some other video drivers by cab are ya ? Sounds like you are...
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

ShowYouHow is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 28| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
This doesn't happen with the ROM out of the box. You're not installing some other video drivers by cab are ya ? Sounds like you are...
Thanks for the replies, guys -
No extra drivers or apps installed. Just the rom flash and NRG Sprint provisioning. It's only momentary when it happens... usually when changing orientation or closing the keyboard.
(By habit, I have Windows Lockscreen and Panel Start Menu in use)
It's hard to get a screenshot when it happens because by the time you run an app, it clears up. Odd.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:09 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowYouHow View Post
Thanks for the replies, guys -
No extra drivers or apps installed. Just the rom flash and NRG Sprint provisioning. It's only momentary when it happens... usually when changing orientation or closing the keyboard.
(By habit, I have Windows Lockscreen and Panel Start Menu in use)
It's hard to get a screenshot when it happens because by the time you run an app, it clears up. Odd.
Maybe it's a hardware issue then.... I'm sure if it happened to everybody you'd see a lot more posts about it here.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium CDMA
Carrier: Orange

Monfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Android on RHODCDMA

Quote:
Anybody using Android on their CDMA TP2 ? How is it ? What doesn't work ?
Tiad8 has a Sprint Rhodium, and posted these Android builds at XDA:

BLAZN 2011.03.03 With CAMERA AND CAMCORDER - xda-developers

FROYO x RED SYSTEM.EXT2 UPDATED 2011.02.23 - xda-developers

They both works quite well.
The Android section at Xda is full of other interesting things too.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium CDMA
Carrier: Orange

Monfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Suggestions

Quote:
SO.. sup ? I havent been in this thread for a while. Anything I can do to the ROM to improve it ?
EnergyROMs are for sure the best ROMs out here for the latest WM devices: thank you very much!!!!!

To make them better i can suggest:

1 - To cook this dialer for wm6.5.3 builds, which shows pictures not only when in the contact list, but also when a call is made/received/missed (the cooked in shows only the symbol when a call is made/received/missed).

2 - If petititi will agree, to cook WinstartFree as the 6th start menu option...but this depends on him (he could add the option to upgrade it to the payed version)

3 - To make a wm6.5.3 rom with CHT1.7.1, since on this device i feel both CHT1.8.5 and CHT2.0 slow I know this would be only for me with Rhodium i can't feel Raphael's speed

Some time since my last donation, here is a little present ($ 10), to thank you again for these wonderful roms.
Confirmation number: 0UE87496L5898204W.
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
SO.. sup ? I havent been in this thread for a while. Anything I can do to the ROM to improve it ?
@NRGZ. Thanks again for your continued work on your WinMo Roms!

Some of my items were covered by posts from other great users in this community. My additional comments are as follows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
  • Sometimes when you turn the screen on, the home screen does not load correctly. Simply turning the display off and back on again seems to fix it.
  • Memory drains and when it gets too low, the GPS hangs until reboot (Bing).
@NRGZ: ND's first issue is slightly similar to another issue I've had since 29007 (even on the current Feb.27 28xxx ROMs). During boot up it hangs on the HTC Sense loading screen due to the ordering of the startup lnk's. If I reorder them using SKTOOLS... eg, I put arkswitch.lnk last then the home page comes up. Otherwise, I have to power off/on the screen to get the home page to paint.

Can you look in to a slight reorder or add in a minor delay (which I did see some attempt in your mortscript front end to it) in arkswitch loading? I have this happen on at least a half dozen devices on each reboot. Note that the only 3 things that get added in to my startup up are winmospeed, s2u2, and quick menu lnk shortcut - so no real surprises for me.

His 2nd item is, IMHO, likely due to the 28xxx build as Bing binaries have not changed in more than 6 months.

Quote:
I just made the Sprint provisioning cab the default provisioning for the ROM out of the box from now on. I obviously have no way to test it as I have a Sprint TP2 with no service on it... but maybe you guys can send me feedback on that the next time a ROM is released
Sprint default provisioning, in general works fine for me, and the half dozen or so sprint/boost TP2s I help maintain.

However, I made an update to your energy_sprint.cab. The current sprint provisioning updates the send/receive MMS limit to 5gb for the sprint servers themselves, but did not update the Arcsoft UI limit - which is set to a 1mb max. In this post, I updated the Arcsoft registry entries to 5mb and requested if it could be placed in future ROMs:

Quote:
My ROMs use custom fonts. You have to revert to the stock fonts BEFORE you start messing with fonts. Most font changing apps dont take into account custom fonts. Hell, most chefs dont change the fonts in the ROM.. I happen to do that.
AHHH. That explains it.... It would be cool if you could have the FAQ maintainers for each of your ROMs (GSM RHOD, Leo, and ours - which I can work with teradog on), to list this fact for those of us who try to use KDFONT. That tidbit of information should help us greatly.

Other items for me:

1. Outlook contacts "red" menu options is still there, which existed since Jan 29007 ROMs. The folks in the Leo or GSM RHOD XDA forums listed a quick fix / cabs for the png files to fix it.

2. I posted about an update to your alternative start menu handling... please see if any of this could be usable for the ROM:

Post 29262

3. Bluetooth. Personally I think the problem exists even on stock Sprint ROMs. If you have a Verizon TP2, it would be curious to see if you can validate it on stock roms as well:

Post 30097

Supposedly Verizon MR3 (or maybe MR2) claims to have fixed this, and it would interesting to see if we can figure out what we need to do to get it in the general CDMA ROM.

Also, I sent a PM a while back. If you do not have BT headset, please PM me and I have brand new Nokia BT900 series I (unopened) I can let you have for your personal/testing needs.

4. CHT185.

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND GREAT: please release Feb.27 with CHT1.8.5 or allow your auto build to create them on your next release. PRETTY PLEASE. CHT2000 is still too buggy IMHO.

The friggin quick link random reordering and CHTE command line import bugs, even though it's been posted numerous times in their appropriate threads on XDA since Nov 2010... have STILL not be even ack'd by the devs. And those issues are absolutely annoying for a bunch of us.

5. For me 28xxx is fine for my needs. But everyone's setup is different, so I'm sure I and my users are probably not taxing things as hard as other users are.

6. Once DFT is back up and available, do you think you'll try out any of the purported 290xx newer releases or just stick with 28xxx since you mentioned all that you plan to do now are tweaks and app updates?

7. Your tweet about Android on CDMA Rhods... teradog did a great job on providing some info. I run it on a dedicated Sprint TP2 test unit and development is VERY active on XDA. Great bunch of folks working on it for us. BT is the only thing not working that keeps me from running it full time on my primary device.

Again, thank you for your time and effort you still invest in your WinMo ROMs! We know there are a lot of other things that pull you in many directions.
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development