PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2011, 11:01 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 1| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Decided to go back to December 13th today.

Not sure what it was about that ROM, but I keep going back.

Issues I experienced on the Feb 1 cookie 28xxx ROM:
  • Bing would freeze for 10-15 seconds and not update GPS position
  • Sense would hang periodically and I would need to turn the screen off and on to get it to respond
  • Working with contacts seemed to cause frequent crashes
I am not asserting that these are issues with the ROM as I have not tested and my configuration is highly customized.
Since I am a flash addict, I am sure I will try again on the next ROM release...
Old 02-05-2011, 11:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: GALAXY NEXUS

shaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuff
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 1| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

I just went back to dec 27 ROM myself.. I kept getting issues where I would loose all sound. and I couldn't get MSVC to work well in later builds...???
Old 02-05-2011, 11:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

I still keep hoping for some miraculous Bluetooth hangup fix....
Old 02-06-2011, 12:52 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post

LOL... brilliant minds think alike?? ha

I never left dec13 29005... still on it!

and...

wimospeed SUCKS!!

If anyone has sods, freezes, lockups or all the above.. get rid of it!
every time i switch back to it at 4 diff speeds, nightmare!

(if u like it & are a big fan of the popular option, good 4 u keep it...

let me say it again, WIMOSPEED SUCKS
sent via tp2
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:24 AM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post

and...

wimospeed SUCKS!!

Tell us how you really feel...

Just curious, what speed were you set at? I run 748 perfectly (at least on the december 13th ROM).

hmmm....
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacious View Post
So I just flashed Energy.RHODCDMA.28244.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.DinikGla ss.Feb.01 and KDFont seems to have the same troubles as I had with 29007 build. This is strange because I had no problems at all with previous 28244 builds from November.
It must be some REG settings that NRG is cooking in since Sharkie reports no problems on his 29007 builds.
Someone know what REGs to be looking at. I'm going to start poking around in there.
KDFont wont change Windows fonts, or changes them to a italic font rather than the one chosen. Seems to change manila fine though. Any ideas?
Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
+1000! i have the same issue! kdfont works fine on nov 28244 builds but not the jan 26th build. another issue is that it doesnt change fonts from regular to bold like it should. like for instance, when reading the forum read threads should be regular text and unread should be bold right? well thats not how it is... everything is bold. so what do you pros suggest we try? ive saw several people having the same issues, any suggestions for a solution?

KDFont works fine on one of my TP2s with the Dec.11 ROM (23xxx). When I tried it on the Dec.27 ROM (NRGZ first release with 29007) at the end of last year, I saw the issues you gents described. So I stopped using it on those series. Looks like one of you posted in the kdfonts thread about it... I'm hoping it gets figured out too

@puff ... I have no idea on what to suggest. I think we can only hope the author of kdfonts can pin down the difference. He seems like a very sharp developer.

Nice catch. The red color thingy has been a hiccup since NRGZ started cooking with 29007 it seems (saw it back when I flashed the Dec.27 29007 ROMs)... but the cabs from those posts at XDA did the trick. Even on this latest Feb.1 ROM.
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

Quote:
Either of you gents have that flavor in CHT185? Or did NRGZ only cook it with CHT2 on that series? I would be curious to try that set... I have/tried Dec.11 (23151) and Dec.27 (29007), in both CHT185 and CHT2.

TIA.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
wimospeed SUCKS!!

sent via tp2
Hi teradog!
Sounds like this app not set for that rom.
Thread lists roms supported.
So which if any other overclock solution have you reverted to?
Oct app; setcpu; or Netripp app with script.. ?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:38 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:

and...

wimospeed SUCKS!!

sent via tp2
Quote:
Tell us how you really feel...

Just curious, what speed were you set at? I run 748 perfectly (at least on the december 13th ROM).

hmmm....
I think I'm falling in line with you about winmospeed teradog. Although the Jan 26 29007 CHT 2.0 has been working great for me I have seen a definite difference between OCT and winslowspeed on the same ROM. I got my first SOD in a long time since changing to winmospeed and that was at 748. Used to run OCT at 748 all the time with nary a problem. Plus, overall responsiveness on winmospeed seems a lot less than OCT. Just feels slower... I'm switching back today. Althoug I may give the Feb 1 a try as well.

Decisions decisions....

David
Old 02-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff

Quote:

Issues I experienced on the Feb 1 cookie 28xxx ROM:
  • Bing would freeze for 10-15 seconds and not update GPS position
  • Sense would hang periodically and I would need to turn the screen off and on to get it to respond
  • Working with contacts seemed to cause frequent crashes
I am not asserting that these are issues with the ROM as I have not tested and my configuration is highly customized.
Since I am a flash addict, I am sure I will try again on the next ROM release...
Same here. Back to the Dec 13th. 29005 CHT 1.8 version for me. That 13th ROM ran perfect till yesterday when I loaded the Energy.RHODCDMA.28244.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Feb.01 ROM which locked up on first boot and has been problems since. I have all the same problems you list , and more, with no customization. But I never have any luck with CHT 2.0 and always have issues with any 28 build. Who knows.

Last edited by Comstar; 02-06-2011 at 11:31 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development