PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2010, 09:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 18| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achristocat View Post
Thank you for this post!

I was having issues with the winlogo start key not doing anything like some of the others...

I modified to your settings and voila!

Thanks and thanked again!
No problem at all! Glad u got it working & now u can have more fun w/ ur phone w/ all this free RAM
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

apet8464 is keeping up the good workapet8464 is keeping up the good work
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 18| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
:>)) NICE! Big dog strikes again!! THANKS!!!!
Sept 18 23138 cookie:
OK here's my take on zero page pool...

ZERO PAGE POOL
= AWESOME!!!

Windows now has enough free ram (w/CSM) to manage itself!

So, those of you flashing to the Sept 20 ROM, a couple of you please give it a shot please would love to hear other feedback!
I'm game. Flashing Sept 20 21916 Sense 2.5 Standard with PP set to 0. Will let you know how it works for me.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

apet8464 is keeping up the good workapet8464 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by apet8464 View Post
I'm game. Flashing Sept 20 21916 Sense 2.5 Standard with PP set to 0. Will let you know how it works for me.
After applying CSM, booted with 99 MB free. Seems very responsive.

Also, QM appears to be working from both hard and soft Win key now, and seems a little snappier too. Thanks for the service pack NRG!

Last edited by apet8464; 09-20-2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mikey1234 is becoming a great contributor

so i'm running sept 18 cookie w/ 23xxx version and right now randomely looking at my memory it is saying i have 70mb free. earlier today i looked at it said 75mb free. just restarted and it says 86 mb free... i was wondering, is this a lot free? i was under the impression that i should be consistantly in the high 80's or low 90's free. i disabled arkswitch at boot (i just chose that option in the arkswitch menu) and i have qmenu running.... only a few programs installed... galarm, s2u2... always close my programs when exiting, never any programs running in the background... unless there are some that i'm not aware of lol
Old 09-20-2010, 10:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1234 View Post
so i'm running sept 18 cookie w/ 23xxx version and right now randomely looking at my memory it is saying i have 70mb free. earlier today i looked at it said 75mb free. just restarted and it says 86 mb free... i was wondering, is this a lot free? i was under the impression that i should be consistantly in the high 80's or low 90's free. i disabled arkswitch at boot (i just chose that option in the arkswitch menu) and i have qmenu running.... only a few programs installed... galarm, s2u2... always close my programs when exiting, never any programs running in the background... unless there are some that i'm not aware of lol
that is PLENTY! after installing ur cabs on previous builds u would end up with around 60MB free sometimes only slightly above that after a fresh boot.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

I have been running the 13th Cookie 23xxx ROM with the quick menu/start menu disabled. My phone has never run so good. I had multiple apps running, I could switch back and forth. So happy.
I was streaming from Netflix through my phone to my laptop and activesyncing my phone at the same time. Loving it.
I haven't heard, but NRGY was working on bluetooth issues. That's about the only thing that would make me flash again.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

pdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuff

Danik is up.

Did NRG include a link to the "home" link found in settings? (link that lets your turn on/off sense when you install certain programs)

I did the start menu disable/QM to the Sept 13 rom, and I remember you had to becareful not to lock yourself out of sense
Old 09-20-2010, 10:57 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdappcgeek View Post
...Did NRG include a link to the "home" link found in settings? (link that lets your turn on/off sense when you install certain programs)...
YES... You probably mean "Today" link, like the old "Home" in settings, that let you uncheck sense (old school home)...
start(winkey), settings, more settings, Today, > (top right arrow right one screen to "items"), uncheck "HTC Sense"
Old 09-20-2010, 11:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Wizard>Universal>Rhodium
Carrier: Qtel

cutecool is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcutecool is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcutecool is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
I hope so too, a few people had problems with QMenu lol Im not flashing this update... NRG has to beat this build for me to flash!
lol
Old 09-20-2010, 11:10 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apet8464 View Post
After applying CSM, booted with 99 MB free. Seems very responsive.
Also, QM appears to be working from both hard and soft Win key now, and seems a little snappier too. Thanks for the service pack NRG!
Great!! Thanks for the feedback!
I usually let the RAM settle a little until the screen dims & then check again shutting off data (or waiting until it gets done syncing stuff) (21xxx series must give you more RAM OR your not waiting as long as I to even out b4 checking RAM)

If anyone reads back 10-20 pages you'll see a discussion re. high levels of data & supposed syncing even though I pull the SD card & install NOTHING on my RAM tests.

You'll find zero page pool will ROCK like 32 pp @ first but still be able to handle 8 pp multitasking (down to 10 MB, which is similar on any pp & then Windows will start shutting stuff down...)

The question is
1. whether it'll bottom out as before with the startmenu = NO has plenty.
2. if it'll give it back when done. YES mostly. running a RAM cleaner will still give back a tad more but it's really pretty solid.

Also.... Windows seems to keep more RAM for the OS until it's needed in multi-tasking... tends to not give all back up to 91, but... keeps it for the OS until needed. See previous stress test results/posts. Never had old zero page pool issues.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development