PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 09:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 29| 21916|21680 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr3nZy View Post
there seems to be an issue with apps installed on the storage card in the current rom and a few of the previous. Idk if it's because of the stability of the OS or the SD drivers. Most of the apps I have on the SD card will suddenly crash when using them. Resco File Explorer and SKTools especially (I prefer to keep them on the SD in case of a hardreset, and NOT in the ROM). Infact, I can't create an SKBackup unless I save it to the ROM. Saving it to the SD will lead to an incomplete and corrupted backup. The card is error free, properly formatted SanDisk 8gb.
If I do install the apps in the ROM I can use them without any crashing.
Whats the class rating of this card?
I bought a lesser name 8gig card, but made sure it was not less than a class6, because lower class cards have slower performance with defragmented files, and this is where the higher class really helps.

So I assume then the card is FAt32?
and did you actually re-install cabs of all apps running on the card...

OR, did you tried installing backups of other roms, which is asking for trouble.

From what you said, you ran two apps (resco and SK) previously installed on the card, from a previous rom install or flash.
That is telling me those two apps were running without the necessary installation & registry files that would have been on the device regardless of being installed to card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard View Post
My home screen appointments list does not pick up birthdays and anniversaries when I put them in the contacts list.
Prior ROMs did this. I don't know if it is a ROM issue or a Cookie issue.
Thanks
Yes I would like to know as well..

Last edited by Maxx134; 10-06-2010 at 09:22 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:27 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 29| 21916|21680 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
Had to take a long break from PPCG to register for school & realize I have a ton of back reading to do!! How has everybody been? & damn when did they realese Cookie 2.0? Ugh too much catching up to do...
HE'S BACK... was starting to get a little lonely around here with you & DaveTN gone.. he's in Grad/Med school, says he's just learned a semesters worth in 1 week! lol Kiowa & Maxx still around...

Good time to crawl out from under that rock... new ROMs VERY soon... look @ my screen pic last page, cookie2
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
HE'S BACK... was starting to get a little lonely around here with you & DaveTN gone.. he's in Grad/Med school, says he's just learned a semesters worth in 1 week! lol Kiowa & Maxx still around...

Good time to crawl out from under that rock... new ROMs VERY soon... look @ my screen pic last page, cookie2
Thanks bro its good to be back, I felt like a crackhead going cold turkey without my daily hit of PPCG lol. I have about a month and then Im gone again for about 3 or 4 months because school starts November 8th & its 5 days a week!!!!

It took me so long to get back because I forgot how hectic & irritating financial aid paperwork was... On top of that I ran out of tequila

Checking out ur screen shots now!

EDIT: That screen shot is pretty sweet, I think I will give CHT 2.0 a try when the new batch of ROMs get uploaded!!

Last edited by DatBoiDame; 10-06-2010 at 09:44 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

netengineer is keeping up the good worknetengineer is keeping up the good work

Hey I finally got the "non-answer" "can't hang up" "bluetooth" issue fixed.... I flashed to another ROM and it works fine. I tried everything with the Energy ROM and nothing worked to make "everything" work as far ast the call issues.

Other then that it was the best ROM I ever had on the phone.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:47 PM
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by netengineer View Post
Hey I finally got the "non-answer" "can't hang up" "bluetooth" issue fixed.... I flashed to another ROM and it works fine. I tried everything with the Energy ROM and nothing worked to make "everything" work as far ast the call issues.

Other then that it was the best ROM I ever had on the phone.
WHAT ROM? 6.5 or 6.5.x?
not sure I understand you... could you try to be more clear...
(a little slow tonight, I've "flashed" all the android builds, zimages, etc.. combos, trying to get sound and wifi tether to work... the only one i have working is the same one from a month ago... but has all the files in root of SD (messy))

You post earlier that turning off the scheduler day/night data in cookie 2 fixed your phone not answer issue. Is that now not the case?

Then you post that you were having a BT hangup issue, that wasn't fixed...??

Now you post your first issue was fixed again?

Try flashing this new ROM... out VERY soon

Last edited by teradog; 10-06-2010 at 11:54 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

ghostryder37 is a n00b

Anyone know where I can download the Roms that came out on September 18 ?
Old 10-06-2010, 11:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostryder37 View Post
Anyone know where I can download the Roms that came out on September 18 ?
I have the 6.5.X Dinik Glass for Sept. 18
Old 10-07-2010, 12:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Fr3nZy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
Whats the class rating of this card?
I bought a lesser name 8gig card, but made sure it was not less than a class6, because lower class cards have slower performance with defragmented files, and this is where the higher class really helps.

So I assume then the card is FAt32?
and did you actually re-install cabs of all apps running on the card...

OR, did you tried installing backups of other roms, which is asking for trouble.

From what you said, you ran two apps (resco and SK) previously installed on the card, from a previous rom install or flash.
That is telling me those two apps were running without the necessary installation & registry files that would have been on the device regardless of being installed to card.

Yes I would like to know as well..
It's a class 2 SanDisk. The program are erased and reinstalled when I flash a rom but I keep them on the SD cuz i can quickly launch them without installing them if I ever need to. But there always erased and reinstalled during setup. The programs and SD operate fine on the sprint stock 6.5
Old 10-07-2010, 12:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

netengineer is keeping up the good worknetengineer is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
WHAT ROM? 6.5 or 6.5.x?
not sure I understand you... could you try to be more clear...
(a little slow tonight, I've "flashed" all the android builds, zimages, etc.. combos, trying to get sound and wifi tether to work... the only one i have working is the same one from a month ago... but has all the files in root of SD (messy))

You post earlier that turning off the scheduler day/night data in cookie 2 fixed your phone not answer issue. Is that now not the case?

Then you post that you were having a BT hangup issue, that wasn't fixed...??

Now you post your first issue was fixed again?

Try flashing this new ROM... out VERY soon
I did fix the answer issue but now I can't hang up the phone. (Only on Energy ROM) I flashed to XpressGlass/Dinik Anastasia - [07/07]23563/2012.12 CHT/XDA/Provisioned and it works fine. I went to this ROM after having all the issues with the Energy ROM and not being able to hang up the phone back in July. This worked for me just fine. What I am going to do is look at the differences in the reg. (I did notice a few things right off the bat)

Here is what I have found with the "hang up" "non answer" If I change the SuspendResume to #777 I can answer the phone but can't hang up. If I keep the entry the same (default) then I can't answer it but I can hang up the phone. I will do a little more digging.

BTW, I tried everything that you had posted and still just didn't work on Energy ROM.

I haven't given up though....

Thanks for all the help and info. It sucks you don't want the thanks button hit. You have a lot of great info in a lot of your post. (I like the overclock stuff myself) Makes a huge differance.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:03 AM
VIP Member - Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by netengineer View Post
I did fix the answer issue but now I can't hang up the phone. (Only on Energy ROM) I flashed to XpressGlass/Dinik Anastasia - [07/07]23563/2012.12 CHT/XDA/Provisioned and it works fine. I went to this ROM after having all the issues with the Energy ROM and not being able to hang up the phone back in July. This worked for me just fine. What I am going to do is look at the differences in the reg. (I did notice a few things right off the bat)

Here is what I have found with the "hang up" "non answer" If I change the SuspendResume to #777 I can answer the phone but can't hang up. If I keep the entry the same (default) then I can't answer it but I can hang up the phone. I will do a little more digging.

BTW, I tried everything that you had posted and still just didn't work on Energy ROM.

I haven't given up though....

Thanks for all the help and info. It sucks you don't want the thanks button hit. You have a lot of great info in a lot of your post. (I like the overclock stuff myself) Makes a huge differance.
LOL on that last part! I appreciate the thanks actually, I just got sick of all the thanks beggars early on & decided to do the opposite! Ha..
I really don't want any on someone else's posts or ideas, those couple with the scheduler day/night data weren't mine... I had done that, but didn't realize it until quick99si post it... figured it would help a bunch of people so I dug down & then repost (bumped) it a couple times.. I didn't want his thanks...

What I feel your still not clear on is which is the BT issue & which not.. My take? you had the couldn't answer on the phone & couldn't hangup on the BT??? The couldn't answer is new with cookie 2, the BT can't hangup is very OLD! Nice to know about the other 6.5.x ROM (old)... but haven't seen any newer ones working... have you?

*edit*
re. the OC... i'm still on the original setcpuspeed d, I've tried the dynamic, but it's just too darn jumpy for me, drives me nuts... then the trend was to set the dynamic to not work... which made it the same as mine again :>)) LOL... the only nice thing I can see about the other is that you can clock it back down to go droid without a reboot

Last edited by teradog; 10-07-2010 at 01:10 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development