PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 11:05 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 29| 21916|21680 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by netengineer View Post
Before the "#777" issue I could hang-up but couldn't answer it now it is reverse. I do know I have used other ROMs and not had this problem at all.
If you're the only one... then (what I would do & I have no issues)
1. task29 your tp2
2. redownload ROM, (try a different one)
3. reflash
4. try it as stock, NO changes
..test answer/call
5. Check for #777
6. Shut off CHTScheduler as in post

..test answer/call

Takes me less than 10 min to do that
Test your dialing & answering along the way.

Then, reflash with your desired ROM & test again.
Check for sticking #777 (If it doesn't stick...apply reg change & reboot, see if it sticks & test phone calls, then shut off CHTScheduler, test again...)
If still not working ensure you shut off CHTScheduler..)
test phone answer & call along the way.
Then start to slowly customize. Start with customizing your Cookie screens.
HOLD OFF ON ANY CABS for at least 10 hours...

Last edited by teradog; 10-06-2010 at 11:13 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

netengineer is keeping up the good worknetengineer is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 29| 21916|21680 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by japper88 View Post
Maybe it's related to the bluetooth headset you're using? I have a jabra bluetooth headset that can't answer or pickup calls, but my jawbone one can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
If you're the only one... then (what I would do & I have no issues)
1. task29 your tp2
2. redownload ROM, (try a different one)
3. reflash
4. try it as stock, NO changes
5. Check for #777
6. Shut off CHTScheduler as in post

Takes me less than 10 min to do that
Test your dialing & answering along the way.

Then, reflash with your desired ROM & test again.
Check for sticking #777
test phone answer & call along the way.
Then start to slowly customize. Start with customizing your Cookie screens.
HOLD OFF ON ANY CABS for at least 10 hours...
I will do this on the next ROM NRG comes out with. (I think it will be pretty soon) I can deal with just hangin up by the phone. Thanks
Old 10-06-2010, 11:30 AM
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by apet8464 View Post
Per Teradog's suggestion, I've been running a zero PP for the last few ROMs, and it definitely seems faster and more responsive. If you're using the compact start menu, you might give it a try.
Thanked! Was wondering about others results... Saw others had done it, but didn't know their experience...

To recap mine...
It appears Windows managed (zero pp) starts around the 24-26 pp size of free RAM, and then goes even higher on first use (28-30pp) free RAM, which is LESS free RAM, but gives the OS (operating system) more to work with, making menus and navigation, etc.. FASTER..

The opposite side of this story is the 8, 10, 12 page pool flashing... imo making the nav, menus, etc.. slower, but allowing for more intense multitasking & multiple heavy (flash, etc..) web/browser use.

I believe zero pp/Windows managed, keeps the TP2 racing as if 28-30 pp until the apps need the RAM & then gives it up (which it didn't use to). I run heavy multi-tasking & multiple Windows of PPCGeeks (non-moble, which is intensive on a ppc). The nice part is that after you return to idle, RAM is returned, which didn't use to happen a month ago when I started this... Not returned back to the high water mark of a reboot, but certainly high enough to do intense multi tasking again... AND RAM cleaners work.. for a while I'd have 12 MB RAM & run one, it wouldn't free up any!! I do not use them however, I feel no need (now).

Regarding memory/RAM:
There is a finite amount, take any ROM & load 10 applications at once & you'll eventually hit critical low.. What next?? Either you or the system(OS) has to shut something down... at around 10MB it'll shut some background stuff down.. then the OS seems to manage it (shutting stuff down if low again) at around 15-20MB (not waiting till 10), as soon as you close everything down, you get most back...If you only have Opera running for example... and have 6 intensive tabs & run low, it asks you what you want to shut down (nothing in the background)... phone or Opera...(which you can't shut down phone task.. so go close some Opera tabs..) ha! so kind of nice.. does it itself if real low (which is tough to get to with all the free RAM from CSM) on background stuff, but doesn't force close the stuff you're currently working on!

my 2 cents, if you haven't tried zero page pool, please do so & give your thoughts in a post... if you are doing it, tell me what you think.. thanks
If I do hit an out of memory issue (which you will... eventually, load 40 programs at once I guarantee it
With CSM (Compact Start Menu) more RAM, 0pp doesn't bottom out & run out like it use to.

Last edited by teradog; 10-06-2010 at 11:43 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:37 AM
VIP Member - Retired

Quote:
I will do this on the next ROM NRG comes out with. (I think it will be pretty soon) I can deal with just hangin up by the phone. Thanks
... err oh... missed that it was the infamous BT (blue tooth) issue... NRG twittered about windows BT & will always be issues... I agree, the implementation of various BT drivers, protocols & hardware compatability (endless A2DP issue for me) will probably always be around... no idea why a different ROM works, before the people reporting their "old" ROM worked but when I looked it was either "stock" or 6.5 in many cases... not sure I saw one 6.5.x... my 2 cents..
My old trick was the double (quick) hangup works for me. (push the hangup button on BT 2x instead of once)

By the way... thanks for reporting on this!!!!! (hope you hit his thanks button a bunch, I sure did & I wasn't even having the issue!!!)
Quote:
I did the hard reset but it was the CHTscheduler that was doing it. Once I changed that now the #777 sticks.
PHONE NOT ANSWERING FIX (bump again)
Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
If you can't answer your phone calls and you DON'T have any mail widgets, then CHTScheduler is responsible for resetting SuspendResume to gprs_bye_if_device_off. I fixed it by doing the following:

- Open CHTScheduler
- Ensure that Current Mode is set to "Manually"
- Under Main Profiles, press Day / press Data Connection / set Change Data Settings --->
OFF
- Under Main Profiles, press Night / press Data Connection / set Change Data Settings --->
OFF
Click on the arrow > next to quick99si & hit quick's thanks button if this helps... (NOT MINE)

Last edited by teradog; 10-06-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:48 AM
VIP Member - Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G. View Post
Still no answers yet, huh? I would really like to use titanium from time to time, but I can't with the bottom softkeys showing up like this.
Sorry man... don't think anyone is blowing you off... it's just most of us don't use it... not many people in the answer pool so to speak... (personally I hate titanium!! :>), Windows GUI at it's worst IMHO)
Old 10-06-2010, 11:58 AM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Im having the same issue as you. But heres the difference, I dont have any #777 issues and I can answer calls if my screen is on. But after I turn to standby for a few min I cant answer calls. I slide to answer and the slider just sticks.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

ghostryder37 is a n00b

I would like to download the September 18 Cookie Energy 21680. Where can I download it? I dont see any archives anywhere.

Last edited by ghostryder37; 10-06-2010 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:39 PM
VIP Member - Retired

NEW ROMS!!
NRG TWITTER:
Two more RAM saving options will be provided in the next ROM series.. which should be today Yet you get to
keep the nice WM start menu..
"one will be the sense start menu and the second a "stripped" regular WM menu"
1. CSM 2. Sense start 3. (New) "stripped" Sense start menu (not sure of 2nd "RAM saving option")

Last edited by teradog; 10-06-2010 at 12:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

friedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks for the update Teradog. I can't get to Twitter from my work PC.

so which one do you think is the "nice WM Start Menu"? NRG's old start menu or CSM? With CHT, I rarely if ever use the start menu

-jeff
Old 10-06-2010, 01:28 PM
VIP Member - Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedmjb View Post
Thanks for the update Teradog. I can't get to Twitter from my work PC.

so which one do you think is the "nice WM Start Menu"? NRG's old start menu or CSM? With CHT, I rarely if ever use the start menu

-jeff
re. twitter, i just go to 1st post & hit his big blue twitter
i'll probably stay with CSM (quickmenu with a couple mods)... it's all about RAM for me! Give me one with more... & cookie (tabs) & I'm gone.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development