PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 12:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Druu is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 29| 21916|21680 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
well you have to realize that stuff is ported over to our device and made to work, so to get all the cool eye candy and stuff we have to make some sacrafices.
Yeah I understand that, but the sense messaging tab never used to be this slow. Its SUPER slow. It takes almost a minute to rotate when the keyboard is slid out. And it was never that slow before. I do think its a cookie thing, so maybe I should post over there, but was just wondering if anyone noticed this. None of the cookie 1.8 roms did this.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

nkdevelopment is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 29| 21916|21680 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkdevelopment View Post
is footprints tab in the new build?

:bump:

I saw something in the change log about it. I have always wanted it but never saw it.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:51 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incrediboy View Post
I've tried 21680 Titanium & honestly speaking, I'm quite disappointed. I've done task 29 before. Sometimes my device got very slow and got normal again. On several apps, they are automatically closed althou the program memory is still plenty, such as Listpro 5. Never happened before on other ROMs (MightyROM, Mr.X, MediumHill, Mavenrick). I like the look of this ROM, but I think there is stability issues.
well you also have to realize that not all phones are exactly the same and not everyone has the same issue as someone else even though they might both be on sprint and have a sprint phone, just the nature of the beast, and to be honest task 29 doesn't have anything to do with your phone being slow, that's just to help ensure that you don't carry over any files from the last rom, you should try changing the papepool and install your cabs one at a time to try and narrow the issue down with what might be slowing your phone down.

are you using the compact menu? that also helps speed the phone up and free's up a lot of ram.

your not offending me with anything you said, i'm a user of the rom just like you are, but what does get me a little worked up is when someone compares one rom to another and is not satisfied and complains about the free software that they are getting, sometimes it requires you to think out of the box and do a little work to get the rom working the way you like it.

it's not totally fair to compare these roms between the different Chefs, they all do things differently, if they were all the same we wouldn't have/need as many Chefs as we have and we would all be running the same rom wishing there were more choices, and yes 21680 is not the most stable, it's a 6.5.x rom, if you want something more stable them you need to download the 21916 6.5 rom, and on top of it being a 6.5.x rom you have the CHT 2.0 out now that is not totally stable, things will get better just enjoy what we have and think of it as a way to give you an excuse to mess/play with your phone.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:56 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druu View Post
Yeah I understand that, but the sense messaging tab never used to be this slow. Its SUPER slow. It takes almost a minute to rotate when the keyboard is slid out. And it was never that slow before. I do think its a cookie thing, so maybe I should post over there, but was just wondering if anyone noticed this. None of the cookie 1.8 roms did this.
well somethings up if it takes that long to rotate, mine doesn't take that long, it does take a few seconds but if you are having to wait like a minute then somethings definitely up, all i do is start a message or go to reply to one and let it load up and if i am going to use the keyboard i then slide it out after it's finished loading up.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
well you also have to realize that not all phones are exactly the same and not everyone has the same issue as someone else even though they might both be on sprint and have a sprint phone, just the nature of the beast, and to be honest task 29 doesn't have anything to do with your phone being slow, that's just to help ensure that you don't carry over any files from the last rom, you should try changing the papepool and install your cabs one at a time to try and narrow the issue down with what might be slowing your phone down.

are you using the compact menu? that also helps speed the phone up and free's up a lot of ram.

your not offending me with anything you said, i'm a user of the rom just like you are, but what does get me a little worked up is when someone compares one rom to another and is not satisfied and complains about the free software that they are getting, sometimes it requires you to think out of the box and do a little work to get the rom working the way you like it.

it's not totally fair to compare these roms between the different Chefs, they all do things differently, if they were all the same we wouldn't have/need as many Chefs as we have and we would all be running the same rom wishing there were more choices, and yes 21680 is not the most stable, it's a 6.5.x rom, if you want something more stable them you need to download the 21916 6.5 rom, and on top of it being a 6.5.x rom you have the CHT 2.0 out now that is not totally stable, things will get better just enjoy what we have and think of it as a way to give you an excuse to mess/play with your phone.

+1, however 21680 has been super stable and impatiently dumped all my cabs at once. My rotation only takes a few seconds also. Every phone reacts differently. I task 29. I might be biased because i've always used the most current technology running my own roms or trying out others. "bugs" are just a part of this nature. My advice, embrace that we (the community) thanks to hard working people can enjoy the current on a phone we all love like a family member we don't want to give up on. Great thing about flashaholism, there are many flavors to drink.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incrediboy View Post
I've tried 21680 Titanium & honestly speaking, I'm quite disappointed. I've done task 29 before. Sometimes my device got very slow and got normal again. On several apps, they are automatically closed althou the program memory is still plenty, such as Listpro 5. Never happened before on other ROMs (MightyROM, Mr.X, MediumHill, Mavenrick). I like the look of this ROM, but I think there is stability issues.
If you like to stay on that rom:
Try changing pagepool.
Try with an empty texts, DO NOT backup/restore a sh*t load of old texts.
HTC massaging has been known for slowness if you have a good amount of texts.
Try another version or older Energyrom,
Or try an older , safer, less loaded rom like those you mentioned.
Try overclocking as well.
These roms are more bleeding edge, so there is always something to do.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjokeer View Post
are majority of you running default pagepools @ 22 or something different, i know there are countless threads for pagepools but wanted to inquire specifically with this rom. Other threads i read state that changing pp can also affect battery life. Thoughts, feelings???
I run at 18pp, but you could go lower, or zero for system to choose.
I doubt changing it can affect battery life.
It is my understanding that PP only allocates memory for use, not actually not uses it, so it would not affect battery and this is first time I herd.

If you are concerned about battery, look in my sig in previous post, for updated
info to save your battery!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

netengineer is keeping up the good worknetengineer is keeping up the good work

Quote:
like i have said a couple of times i had to do a couple of hard resets to get mine to stick and not have any issues.

there is no fix, NRG is aware of the problem but he doesn't use BT and didn't have one until recently i think someone sent him one, so still waiting for a fix from him on this.
I did the hard reset but it was the CHTscheduler that was doing it. Once I changed that now the #777 sticks.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

netengineer is keeping up the good worknetengineer is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
If you can't answer your phone calls and you DON'T have any mail widgets, then CHTScheduler is responsible for resetting SuspendResume to gprs_bye_if_device_off. I fixed it by doing the following:

- Open CHTScheduler
- Ensure that Current Mode is set to "Manually"
- Under Main Profiles, press Day / press Data Connection / set Change Data Settings ---> OFF
- Under Main Profiles, press Night / press Data Connection / set Change Data Settings ---> OFF
I tried everything!!! (But this post) Once I did this it it keeps the #777 now. Thanks for the info, it was a huge help.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

friedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hi, my name is Jeff and I am a flash-aholic. It's been 8 days since my last flash. I've considered re-flashing the 9/29 ROM, but I'm following the program and trying to remain patient. I've had to resort to spending more time with the Blazin' Android build. Android just 'aint the same as NRG's stuff. I need me some NRG.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development