PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2010, 01:53 PM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 7| 21916|21680 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
Thanks for the kind words

I used to camp in Mighty's TP2 ROM thread back in the day. But after it was shut down I took a short unannounced sabbatical from the site until the dust settled. Since Energy's ROM seems to now be the new hotness, I'll pop in and out around this thread for a while until I eventually move to Android in the near future

While we're on the topic, here is a post I had on the first page of Mighty's thread with a score of helpful links and cabs. I'm sure it will be useful to some here (click the following link to get to the post):

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1648453-post6.html

Enjoy!
Energy ROMs have always been the "new hotness"... you guys were just stuck in the prehistoric era with your old mighty ROMS :P

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:54 PM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 13| 21916|21681 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffkip911 View Post
Can anyone verify the newest mods for TOG on 10/14 CHT2.0--or are there updated needed??? DL and getting ready to flash, just wondering if updated cabs are needed, TKS

Come on.. do you really know me as the type of chef that will make you install cabs after a ROM release to complete the ROM ?! LOL
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:00 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 7| 21916|21680 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
Energy ROMs have always been the "new hotness"... you guys were just stuck in the prehistoric era with your old mighty ROMS :P
Awww... thems fightin words!

Although with the new start menu tweak you've incorporated, it's just silly to use anything else on our low RAM devices

Now while I have your attention, Energy, fix the damn internet sharing!!
Old 10-15-2010, 02:00 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 13| 21916|21681 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
re. changelog: not that I've seen (leo, twitter or here)
This is the first time in months I haven't flashed asap... seems this is mostly a theme upgrade, I use regular cookie 2 681, this ROM series is the same OS... Need to see if there are cookie 2 upgrades or significant changes to apps I actually use, otherwise, it makes no sense.. (no pun intended) :>))

+1 usability is a good term

re... Is there any good way to see if you have a TP2 that will OC well (i.e. "good mojo")?
>> not unless you have a buddy that works for sprint & he/she lets you test drive one for a couple hours!! :>) Actually, you could test many devices easy & quick, but you still need a buddy @ sprint to let you pop an SD card into a running TP2 & run the MSM7kcpuspeed app on each, push up the slider on each until it freezes... but even that's subject to debate as some people are of the opinion that OS's & ROM's heavily influence the top end as well... be a quick easy little test though wouldn't it?! :>))

You brought up monthly cost... ahh yea, for some people that doesn't matter... for those people, don't read this link. This thread I started when I EVO'd without looking into plan "grandfathering"... because in the zillion years I've been with Sprint, I hadn't worried about it yet... I wasn't on their bandwagon, so I was bad... (but then again, never been much of a fanboy, bandwagon type..) :>))

These numbers are still accurate. For those of you already on those other high cost plans or work pays for it... nevermind, it doesn't apply to you. For me, I've got other uses for that thousand bucks!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-evo-4g...r-2x-cost.html

Just my opinion...
*edit* hooot, 1st post on page 2700! wowsers..>> NRG popularity
I am in the same boat as other $30/mo SERO users, using the TP2 as long as I can. At least Sprint now offers a new SERO Premium plan to current SERO users that upgrade (only $50/mo total for EVO/Epic or $40/mo total for other 3G Android/PalmOS/BB phones).

I don't really notice any difference between the Oct 14 and 8. (I am on Energy Cookie 2.0 21681). Everything seems to be working pretty well, random bumps in the road here and there but nothing major, I am able to use my phone without problems.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:26 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

October 13/14th, 2010
Added "Touch of Glass" and "Sencity" themesFixed more translation errors in non english ROMs
  • Little tweaks here and there...
  • Lowered pagepool for some devices for more RAM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Not flashing for themes.. not flashing for "little tweaks here & there... guess for the first time in months, I'm staying with Oct 8 cookie 2

On that note, with all the options, 681 near perfect OS & RAM management & few glitches, RAM savings... etc.. I think we've reach a plateau of sorts that'll be a landmark hard to beat.

Last edited by teradog; 10-15-2010 at 02:53 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
Come on.. do you really know me as the type of chef that will make you install cabs after a ROM release to complete the ROM ?! LOL

lol--with the 10 new roms you put out in 2 days, just making sure nothing slipped through the cracks----I stand corrected.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:41 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim8181 View Post
As far as adding a contact quick link, this is what I found. I think it has potential, but I have a hard time saving the "call" file in a place where I can retrieve for the program to work. From XDA (about half way down under Advanced Functions):
Here is a really cool program that will automatically create the contact links:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=555574
oldsap created a simple application to automate all of this."
thanked... re. oldsap, works perfect, got this running a couple hours ago, but didn't have time to write it up before had to run, THANKS TONS you saved me the effort, I'm sure others can benefit as well.
I save the .lnk files it creates to the same place on my SD card as I save all my .lnk files, under \backup\lnk files, which has 3 directories programs installed on my storage card, other backedup lnk files & windows directory .lnk files. On every reflash I copy those 3 into \windows\start menu\programs.

You can also simply put the dialer in the exec blank & put the phone number in the parameters blank, but then you have to recreate them every flash, like oldsap's better!

Last edited by teradog; 10-15-2010 at 02:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work

Great roms!

Any tips on improving battery life?
Old 10-15-2010, 03:25 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by furiousgtz View Post
Great roms!

Any tips on improving battery life?
your best bet is to buy an EVO battery or two as they fit our phones, if i remember right they are 1800mAH, i'll see if i have a link that DaveTN posted a while back for a set of them for like $30 or if someone else can do it please do as i can't find the links right now.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
your best bet is to buy an EVO battery or two as they fit our phones, if i remember right they are 1800mAH, i'll see if i have a link that DaveTN posted a while back for a set of them for like $30 or if someone else can do it please do as i can't find the links right now.
heres one
Amazon.com: Sprint HTC EVO 4G 2x1800 mAh Battery Longer life than OEM+ Wall Travel Dock USB Charger also for Verizon Incredible Droid Touch Pro2: Cell Phones & Accessories
This post has been thanked 4 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development