PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2010, 06:30 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
EVO Expensive! $130/month? REQUIRES Everything Data + $10, over 2X the cost!

You MUST have an everything data plan.

$120 / month minimum, 1 phone! No wonder they're selling the phone cheap!

$99 everything data & voice + $10 4G premium (see other posts)=$110 + some universal access fees & taxes = $120 min

Some of us have been around for a while with Sprint & get $40 shared family 1000 min (2 phones), + 15 unlimited data for both phones, + $5 for extra 200 min = $60, 1200 min. unlimited data; 2 phones 3G, was running over 300KB download of latest Energy ROM on TP2.

You cannot add anything to your current old plan to make this work! You must change to everything data!

I know this has been discussed in bits & pieces on page x of thread # yyy, but I didn't see it anywhere in the first few pages of the $10 sticky thread or today at all layed out well. So *byte* me if your a EVO flag waver & don't like this post. And yes, I know there's a $69 plan you can get to work with EVO (+$10 EVO fee)... a whoppen 400 some voice min... wahoo... doesn't work 4 me! Love the phone, hate the real cost... an extra $700 a year for just 1 phone & still have to pay for the other TP2 voice & data costs!!!

*edit* ..this is written as an FYI to clearly lay out what the real costs will be to the average customer (not including sero, corporate, etc.. discounts)
*edit2* ..adding insurance to the phone... guessing a monthly bill of $130ish by the time your done
*edit3* ..need to add for the reading challenged: the $130 possible cost in the title is for the $99 everything data & voice as stated above... not the $69 plan, kindly worked out in post 8 to be just under $100... again for 450 minutes... not enough 4 me (mobile to mobile free... ahhh yea).. while we're at it, yes I've heard of (and have) google voice also! LOL
*edit4* .. final edit.. "this is written as an FYI.. to lay the real cost.. average customer.." which may benefit some of the thousands of potential buyers... it's called information, now shared... for those of you using the term "complaining".. I'm not. For all suggesting I not buy it... ppcgeeks allows a title header, in that above.. you'll see "EVO", meaning... already purchased.

Last edited by teradog; 06-06-2010 at 07:33 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh
Re: EVO Expensive! REQUIRES Everything Data + $10, over 2X the cost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
You MUST have an everything data plan.

$120 / month minimum, 1 phone! No wonder they're selling the phone cheap!

$99 everything data & voice + $10 4G premium (see other posts)=$110 + some universal access fees & taxes = $120 min

Some of us have been around for a while with Sprint & get $40 shared family 1000 min (2 phones), + 15 unlimited data for both phones, + $5 for extra 200 min = $60, 1200 min. unlimited data; 2 phones 3G, was running over 300KB download of latest Energy ROM on TP2.

You cannot add anything to your current old plan to make this work! You must change to everything data!

I know this has been discussed in bits & pieces on page x of thread # yyy, but I didn't see it anywhere in the first few pages of the $10 sticky thread or today at all layed out well. So *byte* me if your a EVO flag waver & don't like this post. And yes, I know there's a $69 plan you can get to work with EVO... a whoppen 400 some voice min... wahoo... doesn't work 4 me! Love the phone, hate the real cost... an extra $700 a year for just 1 phone & still have to pay for the other TP2 voice & data costs!!!
Your a little behind on your research, but the basic plan you can get for the evo is only gonna cost you 79.99 before taxes which includes only 450 mintues and unlimited everything else, if you pull one of the discount tricks you could be paying only 59.99 a month plus tax, I pay only $150 for 4 phones, and have unlimited everything and 1600 minutes.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

So dont buy it? Whats the problem?

PPC 6700 > HTC Diamond > HTC Hero > HTC Evo
Old 06-06-2010, 06:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

marinemissez is becoming a great contributor

A little behind?? Lol....

(Sorry, I couldn't help myself?
LOL

If you've been helped, a 'THANKS' is very polite!
Old 06-06-2010, 06:44 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Edit: I posted in the wrong forum lol
Old 06-06-2010, 06:57 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
Your a little behind on your research, but the basic plan you can get for the evo is only gonna cost you 79.99 before taxes which includes only 450 mintues and unlimited everything else, if you pull one of the discount tricks you could be paying only 59.99 a month plus tax, I pay only $150 for 4 phones, and have unlimited everything and 1600 minutes.
These are today's numbers people. Don't be confused by this guys post. 69.99 plan (you "get to work" by) adding $10 EVO fee = 79.99 $80 + other fees ($90) & you get "400 some min" (450 to be exact) minutes of voice. #s the average person will pay minimum (not including SERO, work discounts, etc.. etc.. )

You will probably even end up adding insurance to the phone... guessing a monthly bill of $130ish by the time your done.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
These are today's numbers people. Don't be confused by this guys post. 69.99 plan (you "get to work" by) adding $10 EVO fee = 79.99 $80 + other fees ($90) & you get "400 some min" (450 to be exact) minutes of voice. #s the average person will pay minimum (not including SERO, work discounts, etc.. etc.. )

You will probably even end up adding insurance to the phone... guessing a monthly bill of $130ish by the time your done.
What the fk?
You know me? I can spot a Swan from a Duck
My approach? Smoother than an Armani tux
Old 06-06-2010, 07:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

blkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:

You have some very interesting math skills. I got the $69.99 plan and by the way those 450 minutes are for calling landlines, mobile to mobile is unlimited. Since the vast majority of my calls are to cell phones, this is fine for me. Now before adding my corp discount and having TEP it's nowhere near $130. $69.99 + $10 + $7 TEP + about $10 in taxes. That's $96.99 a month approximately, again before my corp discount.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:15 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoRich196 View Post
What the fk?
... and tada... the results of your universal access fee!
Old 06-06-2010, 07:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
... and tada... the results of your universal access fee!
Two people have tried to show you how your numbers are incorrect. I don't know if you're a troll or just a little slow on the up take. But either way, no one here is listening ... so don't buy the phone ... just go away.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G