PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 10:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6850
Carrier: Sprint

Bishop942 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23016) ** | Built Oct 13th | Manila 2.

can anyone help me out? I cant log into my bank of america account since he changed/upgraded the browser (opera) even with this
Old 10-19-2009, 10:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TwoSteppin4140 is just getting started
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23016) ** | Built Oct 13th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
I've never messed with the Album but...A few things, first turn off Touch Flo then try to remove it. If that doesnt work, with Touch Flo off, install it again then uninstall it. I dont THINK soft reset are needed in between the installs and the uninstalls but they may be. Try those two first and let us know.
Turned off TF3D and still got the message saying that it couldn't be uninstalled. I then, with TF3D off, attempted to reinstall the .cab - it prompted me to uninstall the previous version first, which I said OK to. Again, I was told it couldn't be uninstalled and I was asked if I wanted to install anyway...and I did...and it took a really long time to install. I did a soft-reset following the install, and then...when I went to uninstall it (keeping TF3D off the whole time) it wasn't even available in the remove programs menu. Know why? Because it got uninstalled in there at some point.

So I have the regular album where I can flick through the pictures, but no uploading to Facebook. All is back well in the world again. Thanks!

I often forget that TF3D is just a skin, and not the OS itself...disabling it makes sense.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:34 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoSteppin4140 View Post
Turned off TF3D and still got the message saying that it couldn't be uninstalled. I then, with TF3D off, attempted to reinstall the .cab - it prompted me to uninstall the previous version first, which I said OK to. Again, I was told it couldn't be uninstalled and I was asked if I wanted to install anyway...and I did...and it took a really long time to install. I did a soft-reset following the install, and then...when I went to uninstall it (keeping TF3D off the whole time) it wasn't even available in the remove programs menu. Know why? Because it got uninstalled in there at some point.

So I have the regular album where I can flick through the pictures, but no uploading to Facebook. All is back well in the world again. Thanks!

I often forget that TF3D is just a skin, and not the OS itself...disabling it makes sense.
Alright! Glad you got it. Your welcome. FWIW, I think the Facebook program is fine for uploading Pics and Vids. I think it's horrible as a program in total and just use m.facebook.com on my browser for all my FBing.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:42 PM
Lurker

cjennin2 is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjennin2 View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC-P4600/1.2 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Hi winmo, yes still happening. I tried adding a second manual location but that didn't work. Strange how it worked fine on 10/13 build. Maybe a diff radio would help even though running same radio that worked with last build.

On a separate note, I absolutely love the 10/14 build! Fastest one yet and great battery life so far on my particular phone. Thanks NRG!
Hmmm, strange little quirk this one is. Mine works with multiple cities and with My Location as the only city. I was thinking some kind of network issue as well. So a new radio may help, maybe try a totally different carrier's radio. Have you noticed it changing location as you drive around town. Here in Tampa it seems to change very frequently, giving me names of small towns as I drive. Dont know how you confirmed the network but to get total clarity on the roaming front, you could try putting it on No Roam, soft reset, update My Location and see what happens. If working, put it on Roam only, soft reset, update and see if it returns. Just thinking out loud.....trying everything before I say "the word" (whisper) re-flash.
Yeah I thought about reflashing too and then out of the blue it's working again like before. I just don't get it and don't really care as long as it is working. It is a simple yet very useful and cool feature. Thanks for the help and suggestions though

Old 10-19-2009, 10:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

DiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I noticed the Album still doesn't rotate the photos in the view mode...was there ever a fix for that?

|Sprint 'Evo'|
|Follow me on Twitter @LarkNoVoorhies|
Old 10-19-2009, 10:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

TwoSteppin4140 is just getting started

Quote:
Alright! Glad you got it. Your welcome. FWIW, I think the Facebook program is fine for uploading Pics and Vids. I think it's horrible as a program in total and just use m.facebook.com on my browser for all my FBing.

Yea, I've only used m.facebook.com as I don't care for the program...but never thought to use it for uploading photos. So, thanks for that too!
Old 10-19-2009, 10:54 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WmDuchess View Post
right after it no.. i didnt think to do that.. i flashed phone put my apps realized it was slow. so soft reset still slow soft reset again.. so i did a hard reset.. didnt add apps yet but still slow.. i think ima flash again..

unless an update is coming sooner )

i think i just became a flash addict
HAHAHA!! Yeah it gets addicting. I checked NRG'z twitter and he says that he is updating the ROM so hopefully that will come soon because I am really eager to flash.....AGAIN! But on another note when ever you do a ROM flash you should hard reset afterwards. As far as your phone being sluggish it should not be that way. You could always try flash dancing and see if that cures it, but not to give you bad news....but when my last TP got really sluggish and the keyboard text wasnt as fast and I had to wait for my text to catch up with my keyboard buttons.....my keyboard went out. Not saying that will happen to you....and I hope that it doesnt....but that is what happened to me. Hopefully a flash dance or even a hard reset will cure this for you.....UNLESS.........NRG posts a newer updated version of this ROM then that would be FLASHTASTIC!!! LOL sorry I just had to say that.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

WmDuchess is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
HAHAHA!! Yeah it gets addicting. I checked NRG'z twitter and he says that he is updating the ROM so hopefully that will come soon because I am really eager to flash.....AGAIN! But on another note when ever you do a ROM flash you should hard reset afterwards. As far as your phone being sluggish it should not be that way. You could always try flash dancing and see if that cures it, but not to give you bad news....but when my last TP got really sluggish and the keyboard text wasnt as fast and I had to wait for my text to catch up with my keyboard buttons.....my keyboard went out. Not saying that will happen to you....and I hope that it doesnt....but that is what happened to me. Hopefully a flash dance or even a hard reset will cure this for you.....UNLESS.........NRG posts a newer updated version of this ROM then that would be FLASHTASTIC!!! LOL sorry I just had to say that.
flash dancing? ive heard other people say that? what does it mean?

o i hope not. because i already went threw hell back to try to get my phone fixed last week and still didnt get it fixed ugh...
Old 10-19-2009, 11:17 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by WmDuchess View Post
flash dancing? ive heard other people say that? what does it mean?

o i hope not. because i already went threw hell back to try to get my phone fixed last week and still didnt get it fixed ugh...
The Flash Dance is a term that was coined to talk about flashing to stock ROM to clear up issues. Dont know if you are familiar but as we Geeks flash ROM to ROM occasionally files/data can be written to the wrong location causing glitches and hiccups.
What clears it up is flashing a stock ROM, hard resetting that ROM, flashing Energy (or the ROM of your choice), and hard resetting that. A lengthy process yes, but it works. Some choose to do it with every flash, I do but I'm weird like that. I do it so I know I'm starting with a "clean slate".
In the event of problems try it only after hard resetting the current loaded ROM, sometimes that is all you need.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

WmDuchess is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
The Flash Dance is a term that was coined to talk about flashing to stock ROM to clear up issues. Dont know if you are familiar but as we Geeks flash ROM to ROM occasionally files/data can be written to the wrong location causing glitches and hiccups.
What clears it up is flashing a stock ROM, hard resetting that ROM, flashing Energy (or the ROM of your choice), and hard resetting that. A lengthy process yes, but it works. Some choose to do it with every flash, I do but I'm weird like that. I do it so I know I'm starting with a "clean slate".
In the event of problems try it only after hard resetting the current loaded ROM, sometimes that is all you need.
hey i dont like the term geek its so dexter )
more like PhD in the art of technology or techie for short :0)
everytime i hear geek i picture overalls with codiroys(which i absolute love have like 12 pairs lol) white socks black shoes plad shirt chewed up number 2 pencils in pockets....

.....mmmm..... o wow..... if you take away pencils and whites socks.. thats me!.. i would rock suspenders...(i think their hot)

ANYWAYS BACK TO THE TOPIC
i will actually end up doing that right now.. i should hard reset.. flash to stock..hard reset..flash to energy then hard reset?... this will be a long night.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro