PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2009, 10:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Sprint
Carrier: sprint

bog3nator is keeping up the good workbog3nator is keeping up the good workbog3nator is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23071/21864) ** | Oct 22nd | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post

This rom is another super SOLID NRG release.

I have Showcase installed and hidden in the top right corner for the task manager.
Everything appears to be working great so far.

Thanks NRG
/agree
Old 10-22-2009, 10:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

yerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23071/21864) ** | Oct 22nd | Manila 2.1

Quote:

This rom is another super SOLID NRG release.

I have Showcase installed and hidden in the top right corner for the task manager.
Everything appears to be working great so far.

Thanks NRG
nice....i'll be putting your halloween theme on after i flash shortly....

but a couple of Qs from this pic:

why does the upper left say "Start" when u are obviously on the 23071 build?...is that something you did or does the build have that artifact there "stock"?....it looks out of place

where can i find those taskbar icons?...they are slick...
Old 10-22-2009, 10:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch==>Touch Pro==>EVO

BenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I've been flashing since 4 o'clock today. First I flashed the 21864 rom and verified the shift/caps issue, than flashed 23701 which is definitely cool but after I loaded my cabs etc. and a few soft resets the bottom task bar disappeared and I was left with in white blocks the words saying action and contacts but no windows flag. This made it very difficult to get around as one might imagine. Additionally, not having a task manager is awkard as well. So I flashed the 10-15 update which is the only one I haven't since he came over and started cooking for us. Finally all set up and looking sweet than I say to my self "self why don't you try this sashimi thing out" so I'm reflashing to 21864 and seeing if I got this sashimi thing down. The problem is if I don't then I'll have to reflash and manually reinstall everything. Oh the joys of flashing.

Last edited by BenS; 10-22-2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:48 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

@Root: Wanna fill us in on the best way to hide showcase up there? One thing I have read several times about the 23071 is that users miss the taskmanager up there. Being able to have showcase right there would probaly tickle a few pink, like me. THANKS
Old 10-22-2009, 10:52 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerp View Post
nice....i'll be putting your halloween theme on after i flash shortly....

but a couple of Qs from this pic:

why does the upper left say "Start" when u are obviously on the 23071 build?...is that something you did or does the build have that artifact there "stock"?....it looks out of place

where can i find those taskbar icons?...they are slick...
Here is the cool thing about this build.
Something I really dig.
Yes the start bar is on the bottom but there is also an invisible start menu at the top.

Now here is the cool thing.
I use Panoramic Launcher.
A start menu replacement, right.
It only replaces the menu at the top.
The result is I have that and the normal start menu at the bottom.
I can now use both or either.

I installed the GF round task bar to get the icons back.
That is what put the Start back at the top as well.
Just found a tip though.
If you don't like it there, tap it lightly one time and it hides.

This build seems very good so far.
It is all setup now and except for the occasional glitch coming back from soft reset for a sec it ROCKS!

It supports all my mods and that is a BIG plus for me.

Last edited by rootlinux; 10-22-2009 at 10:55 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint

es3045 is a n00b

Mine froze a lot after text messaging and after turning of wifi it doesnt do it.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:54 PM
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
@Root: Wanna fill us in on the best way to hide showcase up there? One thing I have read several times about the 23071 is that users miss the taskmanager up there. Being able to have showcase right there would probaly tickle a few pink, like me. THANKS
Go into showcase settings and it has the option to hide from home sceen.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:00 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Okay so Ive done my own research and everybody is entitled to their own opinion....and here is what Ive came up with. 21864 is not better in stability than the 23016...matter of fact....they are just about the same other than the fact that you can drag and drop items in the start menu. As far as stability, speed, and performance.....NO DIFFERENT. Now for the 23071....um I really didnt like it for the simple fact that it works for the first few hours...and then after adding so many cabs......it starts to slow down....and I personally enjoy the sbp mobile shell and with the 23071 this does not work.....the menu being at the bottom cuts off the bottom half of the spb mobile shell screen buttons...buttons that you need in order to customize mobile shell...so if you are a mobile shell user...than the 23071 ROM is not for you....as far as everyone else.......I personally will stick with the 23016 build for the fact that it was the most stable....and it does have the feature of dragging items around in the start menu vs the move to top and move to bottom....this is for anyone still curious as to what the ROMs do in general. All you others.......NRG IS THE MAN!!!!!
Old 10-22-2009, 11:06 PM
The Rootinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenS View Post
I've been flashing since 4 o'clock today. First I flashed the 21864 rom and verified the shift/caps issue, than flashed 23701 which is definitely cool but after I loaded my cabs etc. and a few soft resets the bottom task bar disappeared and I was left with in white blocks the words saying action and contacts but no windows flag. This made it very difficult to get around as one might imagine. Additionally, not having a task manager is awkard as well. So I flashed the 10-15 update which is the only one I haven't since he came over and started cooking for us. Finally all set up and looking sweet than I say to my self "self why don't you try this sashimi thing out" so I'm reflashing to 21864 and seeing if I got this sashimi thing down. The problem is if I don't then I'll have to reflash and manually reinstall everything. Oh the joys of flashing.
Ok let's take this one at a time.
If you install the virtual keyboard posted a few pages back it somehow fixes the shift key issues on the hardware keyboard.

I had that issue of the bottom bar going away but ater everything loaded it came right back.
Did you give it a few seconds after the soft reset?
After it is up and running again the bar has had no issues.

You can use Showcase for the task manager and it is working very well so far.
Hidden so it doesn't cover the menu clock. ( Which is very cool )

Sashimi is a breeze my friend.
Put all your cabs into the correct Sashimi/Auto/Cab or Sashimi/Auto/Cab/SD folders and you are good to go on apps.
Export all your reg keys one at a time to the Sashimi/Auto/Reg folder and your registries are then all set.

Everything you mentioned about this build has work arounds.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:09 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Go into showcase settings and it has the option to hide from home sceen.
Dude call me frickin crazy, blind, stupid or what have you but I can't find the showcase settings like you mentioned?????

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro