PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2009, 07:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul --> TP --> TP2
Carrier: Sprint

knldge is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (28002/21869) |Nov21| Sense 2.1 and 2.5

NRG - thank you for all the hard work you put into these builds!

- No issues with the ringer
- Wallpaper switch between animated and weather works really well

A few issues on the 11/21/2009 28002 build:
- I am also experiencing the sporadic blank screen - nothing wakes this phone up - the power button or sliding the keyboard out - have not been able to pin a pattern to this behavior yet. I don't have S2U2 installed either, and have also disabled the default Lock timeout. The keyboard does not even light up, but the center dial light keeps flashing - indicating a missed call.
- The Action left soft key, on the home tab, shows up initially, but gets replaced within a few seconds by the Phone soft key - is this intended, or was it a change in the build?
- This build contains the GSM phone settings. Installing the CDMA PhoneSetting.dll and associated files in the \windows directory has fixed this issue.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

vernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to vernonlbrown
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (28002/21869) |Nov21| Sense 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3shuggah View Post
Well I'm experiencing something I've never experienced before and it is annoying me. I wasn't sure if it was a bug or not, but after it happened three times, I know something is going on.

Mind you I did the flash dance (hard reset current rom, install stock, hard reset, install energy rom, hard reset, use phone) but my keyboard/screen will completely die. I can no longer use the phone or press any key to get it to work again. The phone isn't frozen (it just happened while I was on a call and continued to work), but I asked her to hang up and call me and I couldn't answer the call or even see her hang up. Everything just goes completely black. Does anyone know what this could be?
Was experiencing this problem as well. Just read about S2U2, so I just uninstalled and gonna see if I have better luck.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

yerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ok, this is weird....i have been on the new 28002 build since last night and i cannot send SMS. i can make and receive calls, data works fine, and i can receive SMS. sending txts just never seem to get to my gf's phone....i am on sprint, she is on verizon.

i would think that if this was widespread someone else would have found it by now, but there is no error msg and the txts seem to go through on my end, but she gets nothing. i sent my buddy a txt last night and i just figured he didn't have his phone by him, but now i think he never got it... can anyone else with access to another line test this to confirm whether it is only my phone and not the ROM?....hopefully it is sprint or verizon network related and will come back.....

EDIT: i should add that i am using WM stock messaging app....TF2.5s messaging has been and still is suspect.

Last edited by yerp; 11-22-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:28 AM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossXcalibur View Post
NRG... your 2.5 ROMS are the best out there period. Especially build 23504. It is nearly perfect. The one and only issue I am currently having with it is being able to set up hotmail through the email tab. I am able to get to the point where I input my email and password to login but from there it crashes and goes straight to the today page within manila. I tried redownloading Windows Live via Marketplace, however, when that was done and I soft resetted, I was stuck at the Touch Pro start screen. A simple reflash took care of that of course.

This is all I have had any issues with. This is the by far the highest quality build for the 2.5 Manila port. Thank you very much for all of the effort you are putting into this.
Try it this way.

Start
Internet
Windows Live

After you walk through the steps you should have email setup on your manilla tab. Good luck
Old 11-22-2009, 09:28 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
If you want an "Everday Use" ROM, then an Energy 2.1 manila ROM is your best bet.
I agree with you, but I do want to point out that some people (at least me), while enjoying the tinkering and finding work-arounds, prefer 2.1 simple because it's so customizable. I've been able to customize it in the way I like, and haven't been able to do the same with 2.5.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:34 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerp View Post
if NRG reports back that you got a CDMA TP to him, i am going to "Thank" every single one of your posts.....you will be a god in this thread....
anyone lose their TP? I was only able to offer mine temporarily.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

Lanz is a n00b

I cant find any people when I compose a new text msg, (messages tab->all message->compost message->menu->add recipient), but the people tab works fine, I restore my contacts via myPhone.
anyone got this issue too? and is it can be fixed?
Old 11-22-2009, 10:01 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
ok, this is weird....i have been on the new 28002 build since last night and i cannot send SMS. i can make and receive calls, data works fine, and i can receive SMS. sending txts just never seem to get to my gf's phone....i am on sprint, she is on verizon.

i would think that if this was widespread someone else would have found it by now, but there is no error msg and the txts seem to go through on my end, but she gets nothing. i sent my buddy a txt last night and i just figured he didn't have his phone by him, but now i think he never got it... can anyone else with access to another line test this to confirm whether it is only my phone and not the ROM?....hopefully it is sprint or verizon network related and will come back.....
Just sent a txt to my wife' phone (Sprint) and it went through immediately. It MIGHT be a network-to-network issue but that's a stretch IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcatsmommy View Post
I agree with you, but I do want to point out that some people (at least me), while enjoying the tinkering and finding work-arounds, prefer 2.1 simple because it's so customizable. I've been able to customize it in the way I like, and haven't been able to do the same with 2.5.
Agreed, IMO it goes hand-in-hand with the stability issue. The focus atm is getting 2.5 functional so while some mods have begun to role out for 2.5 it's stilll the New Kid on the Block.

Five hours later and no Black Screen of Doom for me after my 2nd Stock Flashdance, will of course keep an eye on it.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

Lanz is a n00b
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
Try it this way.

Start
Internet
Windows Live

After you walk through the steps you should have email setup on your manilla tab. Good luck
stp1. disable the sense2.5(start->settings->home->items)
stp2. soft reset(restart)
stp3. install the last version windows live via marketplace
stp4. login windows live(not windows live message), and check "sync email"(or something like this)
stp5. do another soft reset, then a mail box named "hotmail" should be show up in your manila/sense mail tab

someone post this on few pages ago, it's works for me, hope some to you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

netengineer is keeping up the good worknetengineer is keeping up the good work

Quote:

EDIT: i should add that i am using WM stock messaging app....TF2.5s messaging has been and still is suspect.

I have had the same issue. I am using the Nov 14th build 21864. I started having the problems after installing a different dialer and a "temp fix" for the dialer. I installed CMYLXGOs.PURE.EnergyROM.Tachi.Pohne.Canvas.Knop.v2 d and the Maxx134TechDialerTempFix. I uninstalled both the cabs and it seems to be working fine now. The issue was only between Sprint and Verizon. All others worked ok.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro