PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2009, 08:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

djdafreund is keeping up the good workdjdafreund is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (28002/21869) |Nov21| Sense 2.1 and 2.5

Was just playing around with 28002, as i am at my folks house for dinner, and text various msgs' (sms, and mostly played with MMS), and out of the box, MMS is DEFINITELY not working for me on CDMA sprint. Couldn't send, and received a msg but couldn't view no matter which method (OOB, nor MS msg) and then used the Zenyee Disable HTC msg, reset, and THEN could actually open up the msg, but couldn't see the image. (saw a picture icon, but couldn't open up, using WM Msg).

Then, i tried the Remove Picturemail, reset, then JD Arcsoft 5.2.1.22 Mail install, reset, and looked at MMS message, and it DID show fine, but at that point clicking on the message icon from a contact would NOT send a message, and will only allow to send by manually typing in the phone number (which i am not one for remembering phone numbers at all, just to msg.) So although i AM loving 28002 also overall, so far i can't use it yet simply for the fact that it won't send MMS no matter which all the known method's to date. That's my feedback on 28002 so far.

So far, for the WM 6.5 lover's, or over all (since i personally love 6.5 over 6.1), i would still say that 23504 is the best one out there of the varients for working MMS. SMS works fine with both of the newer ones, but the "BLACK screen" problem of 28002 and no working MMS out, even with workarounds (at least for me it won't), is still for fun sake's testing, and 21869 is also nice overall, but still also MMS glitchy. So far, 23504 using the RemoveMMS / Arcsoft install, everything in the ROM works great.
Hopefully this will be usefull to any new people out there that don't like reading much in advance before asking questions.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:09 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (28002/21869) |Nov21| Sense 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
What build are you guys on? I assume 28002?
My SMS is fine, no issue. Are you sending from Sense? I am.
Still working on the Black Screen of Doom no fix yet but I havent seen it for a few hours now, still testing....
What is up NRG brothers.....two days and two rom releases later!? )

Ran 28002 from release,literally....I was dumb enough to try to flash the 20th build even though no one had got it to work and prove it......good thing I have an extra 1g sd with my stock rom on the root! Flashed nov21 build as soon as it uploaded and got started.... Black screens all night, black screens all day! No matter what I tried! Like others I have flashed danced it multiple times and tried runnin it with nothing loaded completly nude all the way up the spectrum to full sashimi....with no difference. I don't use S2U2 or anything like that like others suggested. I also noticed that in my case it is very random and comes at any time, after anything sms-call-browsing-put to sleep manually-allowed to go into sleep setting auto- EVEN when I run the task manager, run CleanRAM, and then manually put it to sleep so I am having trouble linking it to anything, so then I started in the reg.....
Gonna play with it some more but it seems the longer I leave it on the more it is doing it. Still random once every 1-3 hrs or occasionally twice an hour even.... Other than that I am loving it.

Just now downloading 21869 to look at some things.....wanted to say what everyone else is saying basically....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:10 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdafreund View Post
Was just playing around with 28002, as i am at my folks house for dinner, and text various msgs' (sms, and mostly played with MMS), and out of the box, MMS is DEFINITELY not working for me on CDMA sprint. Couldn't send, and received a msg but couldn't view no matter which method (OOB, nor MS msg) and then used the Zenyee Disable HTC msg, reset, and THEN could actually open up the msg, but couldn't see the image. (saw a picture icon, but couldn't open up, using WM Msg).

Then, i tried the Remove Picturemail, reset, then JD Arcsoft 5.2.1.22 Mail install, reset, and looked at MMS message, and it DID show fine, but at that point clicking on the message icon from a contact would NOT send a message, and will only allow to send by manually typing in the phone number (which i am not one for remembering phone numbers at all, just to msg.) So although i AM loving 28002 also overall, so far i can't use it yet simply for the fact that it won't send MMS no matter which all the known method's to date. That's my feedback on 28002 so far.

So far, for the WM 6.5 lover's, or over all (since i personally love 6.5 over 6.1), i would still say that 23504 is the best one out there of the varients for working MMS. SMS works fine with both of the newer ones, but the "BLACK screen" problem of 28002 and no working MMS out, even with workarounds (at least for me it won't), is still for fun sake's testing, and 21869 is also nice overall, but still also MMS glitchy. So far, 23504 using the RemoveMMS / Arcsoft install, everything in the ROM works great.
Hopefully this will be usefull to any new people out there that don't like reading much in advance before asking questions.
A long as your in a testing mood, ahuskins had better luck with Arcsoft 5.0.82.79 on a previous build (I THINK 23081 but not sure) could be something to try.

I'm over at xda looking at our GSM cousins Raph thread and not seeing any Black Screen stuff, 10 pages to go.....
Old 11-22-2009, 09:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mephikristiles is a n00b

Trying out 28002. Does anyone know the registry keys to re-enable block recognizer (or if it's even possible)? I'd hate to switch back to a different version just because of the input, but I'm crippled without it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And one more here with the annoying black screen issue.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker

vernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to vernonlbrown

I got DBS all day today and then I went back into my Power Settings and unchecked "Turn off device if not used for" and thus far have not had the DBS in a couple of hours now. I am even running S2U2, which I thought was causing it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:20 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernonlbrown View Post
I got DBS all day today and then I went back into my Power Settings and unchecked "Turn off device if not used for" and thus far have not had the DBS in a couple of hours now. I am even running S2U2, which I thought was causing it.
OK, I'll give that a try.

Thanks,

David
Old 11-22-2009, 09:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Sprint
Carrier: sprint

bog3nator is keeping up the good workbog3nator is keeping up the good workbog3nator is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernonlbrown View Post

yea i thought s2u2 was causing it as well. last rom i even took off s2u2 and used the built in lock and it stoped. but i did the same thing with 28002 and it still did it, so now i am think s2u2 is not the cause.

also if you turn off, turn off device, that your device will not go to sleep which i dont know what that will do to your battery.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC-Herman
Carrier: Verizon

CuriousG is a n00b

I too have been experiencing the Dreaded Black Screen with EnergyROM 28002 21Nov.

I think it may be related to the EnergyROM_Plus theme. When I changed to any of the other included themes the problem seemed to go away.

I'd love for others to verify or disprove this.

Thanks, NRG for a most excellent ROM!
Old 11-22-2009, 09:30 PM
Lurker

RyanNaz is a n00b

I can confirm the DBS. I've had it hit me twice today. The phone misses calls and drains the battery when the DBS hits.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Raphael)
Carrier: Alltel or Verizon now...

GatorsUF is just getting started

I am on the 28002 build form Nov 21. What maxmanila will work on this version? Its manila version 2.5.19211619.0 and it only has 2.5.1919xx or Dotty R4 whatever that is...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro