PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 08:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

mashedpotato is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.T. View Post
Now that I'm having the same problem I'm wondering if maybe there's a back way into that lock settings menu. I'm trying a bunch of stuff. Anyone who has played in the registry know of something that might help?
To remove the phone lock, go to settings->lock. You'll get a screen with the numeric keypad where you have to type in your pin. It can be confusing because there is a button with an "X" on it (meaning cancel) but that's not the button you need to press.

The button you need to press is the one with the unlocked padlock on it. It is only visible if you slide your keyboard open and view the screen in landscape mode.

Undoubtedly a bug, but there's your work-around...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

J.T. is just getting started
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashedpotato View Post
To remove the phone lock, go to settings->lock. You'll get a screen with the numeric keypad where you have to type in your pin. It can be confusing because there is a button with an "X" on it (meaning cancel) but that's not the button you need to press.

The button you need to press is the one with the unlocked padlock on it. It is only visible if you slide your keyboard open and view the screen in landscape mode.

Undoubtedly a bug, but there's your work-around...
Holy Crap. Thank you.

Now that that's done. Is there a way to make it lock every time you put it to sleep with the power button? But then not have to put in a password? I tried: http://thewingster.com/autolockscreen.aspx and it didn't like my phone.

Last edited by J.T.; 09-01-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touchpro
Carrier: sprint

carzev is a n00b

That was awesome. Thankyou.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:55 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

You guys should try S2U2 for screen locking.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
You guys should try S2U2 for screen locking.
or PocketShield if you want better battery life.

~John
Old 09-01-2009, 09:06 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

What features does that have?
What does it do to give better battery life?
Never used it.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
What features does that have?
What does it do to give better battery life?
Never used it.

Check it out here

PS is awesome & is lighter than s2u2 which has gotten to be a real battery hog these days.

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

J.T. is just getting started

I would but I'm pretty fond of the built in lock screen. Just wish it could lock on sleep lol
Old 09-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tp Custom/BB Tour5.0.230
Carrier: Sprint ;>(

sprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to sprintnerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
If you go to START and press the "lock" softkey I would imagine that would lock your phone. But if you press the icon in my screen shot...START-SETTINGS-LOCK...it should open up options like in my second screen shot. No?

Dig the back ground
Old 09-01-2009, 09:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

pljansma is a n00b

I love this ROM, but how do I move the TF3D tabs around? I tried TF3d config but found that doesn't work on this ROM. Any suggestions?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro