PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 06:30 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Has anyone tried Panoramic Contact Genius?
Looks sweet but I could not get it to run.

Panoramic Launchpad is pretty sweet though.
Changes the start menu for winmo to look more like Manila.
Love it.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

hamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Wanted to do a follow up on my experience with the Touch In Call Screen Tweak (TICST) app.

I posted a few pages ago about how I wanted a way to disable it, and how disabling it is virtually impossible since it's cooked into the ROM.

I opened up Resco Explorer, tried to delete the file: "Touch_InCall_Screen_Tweak.exe", but of course it comes back.

I then tried to rename it, and once again, the original file is recreated with the original name (the renamed file is still there too btw)

I then tried to move the file elsewhere, but was warned that this too is not possible since it must reside within the /Windows folder as dictated by the ROM itself.

Finally, I had an epiphany.
I opened up Notepad, created a dummy file called (you guessed it) "Touch_InCall_Screen_Tweak.exe" which is really a txt file with an .exe extension, and then dumped that into the /Windows folder.

This in effect replaced the original file, and now TICST no longer runs, it is disabled!

The reason I didn't like it is because I do use my phone in bed at times, and moving side to side causes the screen to turn on, off, speaker to come on/off (although I can disable this feature), and I just plain don't like an app consuming a constant ~ 5% of my CPU whenever i want to make a simple phone call...why unneccessarily kill the battery THAT MUCH!

Well, now I'm finally satisfied with this ROM.
Call comes in, screen stays on unless I hit the power button. I can turn my screen back on (and it stays on) once again after hitting the power button or the center D-pad.

I don't need an app controlling this functionality for me, especially not one that comes with extraneous CPU usage, battery drainage, and introduces temperamental & capricious behavior of the screen.

Last edited by hamidxa; 09-02-2009 at 10:43 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

J.T. is just getting started

Wow...found a bug...if you are typing a message and all your dbag friends flood you with texts at the same time, after you mark all as read and clear sms/mms, you phone will still think you have one new message...even after several soft resets etc. Anything you guys want me to try before a hard reset?
Old 09-02-2009, 10:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamidxa View Post
Well, now I'm finally satisfied with this ROM.
Call comes in, screen stays on unless I hit the power button. I can turn my screen back on (and it stays on) once again after hitting the power button.

All this with no extraneous CPU usage / battery drainage / temperamental & capricious behavior of the sensors w.r.t. TICST.
The problem I had with the stock ROM was that when I answered a call and the phone was up to my ear the screen would go blank and I would have to hit the power button to get the screen back. Then everytime I would put it back up to my ear it would go blank again. Are you saying that now your screen stays on all the time unless you hit the power button to turn it off? I install corporate phone systems and use my keypad on calls all day for testing. If I could get mine to stay on all the time that would be great. I have tried setting TICST to stay on all the time but it has never worked.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

hamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comstar View Post
The problem I had with the stock ROM was that when I answered a call and the phone was up to my ear the screen would go blank and I would have to hit the power button to get the screen back. Then everytime I would put it back up to my ear it would go blank again. Are you saying that now your screen stays on all the time unless you hit the power button to turn it off? I install corporate phone systems and use my keypad on calls all day for testing. If I could get mine to stay on all the time that would be great. I have tried setting TICST to stay on all the time but it has never worked.
That's exactly what I'm saying.
The screen now stays on all the time unless I hit the power button to turn it off.

Turning the screen back on is also as simple as hitting either the power button or the center of the D-pad.

All I had to do was create that dummy txt file with the exact same name (and extension) as the original "Touch_InCall_Screen_Tweak.exe" file, then dump it into the /Windows folder to overwrite the existing one.

Soft-reset, and enjoy.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch==>Touch Pro==>EVO

BenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I just want everyone to hit my thanks button because a new ROM should be coming out very shortly. See I've been on 8-1, well since 8-1 has been released because it has always perfomed flawlessly for me. I've been jonesing for something to flash but will only flash NRGZ ROm's so there in lies the problem. Tonight I said *@%$ ^! and flashed 8-11 with all the flash back to stock etc. etc. and got my phone back in order. I'm pretty sure that this could only be my punishment for not waiting 'til the upcoming update.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

reedster is a n00b

Question for the forum:

I started with Juicy 8, and though it's fast and clean, it doesn't work half the time cause he's changed things that makes the Sprint network choke on it... So, I've worked everything out to make this ROM everything I wanted... I wanted to keep the start menu look on this ROM, but I DID, though, change the manila by porting over Juicy's (only cause I think it's cleaner)... Now, when I put programs in the Programs Tab, nothing launches... I can add anything from the list, but when I push the button after adding it, it just sits there... I don't really care if it works cause Energy's start menu is the best organized one out there... But, any suggestions? Is there a manila file I hosed, and can put back that links the programs tab to actually launch the shortcuts you put there?
Old 09-03-2009, 01:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

soinkster is keeping up the good worksoinkster is keeping up the good work

this thread is overwhelming jeez
it grows in multiples of 50
Old 09-03-2009, 03:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

nom303 is just getting started

i have the 1 NEW MESSAGE problem too. i also am having a problem with my picture messaging on here. when someone sends me a picture mail, it erases my whole inbox...and im talking about every text message that everyone has ever sent...please help!!!
Old 09-03-2009, 03:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO / TP2

blackte4 is becoming a great contributor

8-1 was a great ROM but being me(a flash *****) i have to get the latest updated one. I will never get Juicy rom. It always slow and Mighty always missing something. Cal is great! Silence? What can i say.... A God until he took a break. I was going crazy. So i became a flash ***** to Energy. Is there a FHA class i can take? But after Energy release his next one.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro