PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2009, 11:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

himan is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

I freaking love this rom, but there's one thing that annoys me to death.

the new damned text screen... how can I just get it to be like the old one instead of this new grey colored one with the send button on the side instead of the lower left soft button?

in the old way (if you go to all messages and open a text as opposed to clicking a text message in tf3d), after you're done typing a text you press lower left "send" to send the text. in this new way, the lower left button is "back", so i have to go and retype the whole thing.

Is there a fix?
Old 09-04-2009, 12:05 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by himan View Post

the new damned text screen... how can I just get it to be like the old one instead of this new grey colored one with the send button on the side instead of the lower left soft button?

in the old way (if you go to all messages and open a text as opposed to clicking a text message in tf3d), after you're done typing a text you press lower left "send" to send the text. in this new way, the lower left button is "back", so i have to go and retype the whole thing.

Is there a fix?
That is easy.
From the TF3D text preview screen just hit " All Messages" ( still works here ) and that loads the old ( dull ) style up. LOL
That will have the send on the lower left side.

Last edited by rootlinux; 09-04-2009 at 12:07 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

DiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Sprint TP2 is now available thru telesales!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=82349

|Sprint 'Evo'|
|Follow me on Twitter @LarkNoVoorhies|
Old 09-04-2009, 12:10 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by himan View Post

Is there a fix?
You can also disable it by going to the first page, post #4 by rezn and downloading a cab to disable it all together. Look around the middle of his post, it's there. OR you can install the latest Pimp package, cmylxgo has disabled it as well.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: sprint

himan is just getting started

perfect, thx!
Old 09-04-2009, 02:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose

question i'm sure has been answered probably a fix posted but ask any way.. the battery meter on the today screen dosnt work..some 1 direct me to the fix thanks.. oh and finally decided to try this rom after using groove for a long while and trying several others (scepter with sencesuite as well as others) and decided I like this rom it seems great but the batery meter on today (home) screen not working correct is killing me lol always shows 100% rather its 5% or 100%
Old 09-04-2009, 04:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus

Siq Mawsh is keeping up the good workSiq Mawsh is keeping up the good work
Re: |HERM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ** EnergyROM 3.0 'Phoenix' (21232) ** || Build date 52309 ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
There is another app called flashlight that just comes up with a single full screen button to switch on or off. Has a timer slider under the one huge button.
That is what I use.
Works very well.
I always preferred Torch Button. Works just like it should.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=422367
Old 09-04-2009, 07:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff

The author has released a new version of Touch InCall Screen Tweak which anyone having battery drain issues should install. I have followed this thread over at XDA for months since I tracked down the source of my battery drain and was able to eliminate it with a reg edit from this TICST thread. They have now tracked down the problem and fixed it.

I noticed after the install, that under the program options, use APM was unchecked. This was checked originally in the cooked in version. I am going to test it both ways but the author mentioned this option may be needed on TP2's. It basically enables the HTC power managment during a call. Here's some quotes from the thread and a link -

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=488991

3 Sep 2009 - v1.2.0 - Bugfix Update
- This version addresses a bug that has been around for a while, but has been difficult to track down. It appears that an early beta introduced an excessive battery drain for some users, and this has now been tracked down, and addressed.

- Your results backed up my findings too, so I've gone public with the release of v1.2.0 - hopefully the battery drain is a thing of the past.

The problem was related to the fact that the app was being launched (and still is) by the initiation of a data connection. When it recognised that it had been started unnecessarily it ended immediately, but had already made some power management alterations which would normally have been undone at the end of a call, but this step was being skipped for data connections.

It was a good old-fashioned bug, and I'm sorry it's taken so long to get to the bottom of it.

Fingers crossed, and it's all sorted now.

Last edited by Comstar; 09-04-2009 at 07:46 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Super EVO 4G

goldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargoldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargoldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to goldgrillshinin
Smile Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

I have been using this rom for about 3 weeks and it has been flawless.. One small issue that I just noticed.. I have read all pages of this thread over the past 3 weeks and I dont remember anyone with this issue.. When I browse a web page using Opera and its not a mobile website but the full desktop site, it will start loading and when it gets to about 80% it will just stop go back to my bookmarks page? Please advise..
Old 09-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldgrillshinin View Post
I have been using this rom for about 3 weeks and it has been flawless.. One small issue that I just noticed.. I have read all pages of this thread over the past 3 weeks and I dont remember anyone with this issue.. When I browse a web page using Opera and its not a mobile website but the full desktop site, it will start loading and when it gets to about 80% it will just stop go back to my bookmarks page? Please advise..
Check out Threefaces start up guide, it's in his sig, You have to switch a cache setting to internal memory, the steps are listed in his guide, page 13.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro