PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 11:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Super EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

goldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargoldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargoldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to goldgrillshinin
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

That did the Trick... Thanks man..
Old 09-04-2009, 11:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro Pcs

Vol22002 is becoming a great contributor
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Heads up! there is a new version of Touch InCall Screen Tweak, it's v1.2.0 - Updated 3 Sep 09 with Battery Drain Fix.

Link to the page is HERE

Direct download for cab HERE

and

Direct download for UC cab HERE

If you find what I posted useful please Thank me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

Toymakerrb is a n00b

I installed the energy rom 6.5 update on my Touch Pro but
would like to add new cities to the weather tab, is their software available for this?
Old 09-04-2009, 11:29 AM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

OK, I'm kinda at a loss I guess with the clock issues people are having and can only imagine there is something common between you [a setting or program interfacing with the clock] that isn't happening for anyone else.

My last effort to help would be to recommend checking out the steps I outline in the Guide in my sig, exactly as they're written, to see if maybe there's a step or something you're missing.

--With TouchFlo disabled, add your custom city to the weather database. Make sure you're overwriting another city that's also in your timezone <---otherwise, you'll show your city...but the wrong time.
--Once you're done, re-enable TouchFlo. Click on the World Clock and add your custom city. Select it.
--Delete all other entries in the World Clock. Only your city should be selected and visible. [this controls whether or not the weather displays properly in the calendar...just this setting. If there's a weather issue in the calendar view, then there is likely a problem here].
--Now go to Clocks & Alarms and select your timezone...THEN adjust the time for your timezone. [this is the setting that controls your appointments...so if you're appointments are adjusting, then look at this setting]
--Return to the home screen. Navigate over to the weather tab and knock out all of the default cities and add only your custom city. Update the weather.
--Check the calendar day view to see if it worked.

I would not recommend disabling the "sync time with network", unless you want to experiment with it. I don't think it will have any impact on your settings if everything was done properly.

Um...dumb question, you dudes are all on the afternoon edition of 8/11, right? [I should have checked earlier]

If you're still experiencing problems, you've stumped the dude. Maybe a super techy ppcgeeker can chime in.

PICTURE SMS PROBLEMS - 9 out of 10 times you installed it wrong or not at all. Run the disable Picture Mail cab, soft reset, install Arcsoft, soft reset. If you forget to soft reset in between each step, picture mail won't work. It also will not work "out of the box"...you need to do the uninstall/install dance. These steps along with links ot the cabs are in my Guide...also at the front end o fthis thread in Rezn's post.

Good luck dudes!

Last edited by ThreeFaces; 09-04-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:31 AM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymakerrb View Post
would like to add new cities to the weather tab, is their software available for this?
Read the Guide in my sig - it outlines two methods for editing the weather database in 2.1.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

austerville is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymakerrb View Post
Try the weather database editor http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...2&d=1250010907
Old 09-04-2009, 11:51 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Alltel

Toymakerrb is a n00b

Thanks for your help I was able to add the city sucessfully. I like this rom version and I am still working on learning all that I can do with it.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:02 PM
VIP Member

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
OK, I'm kinda at a loss I guess with the clock issues people are having and can only imagine there is something common between you [a setting or program interfacing with the clock] that isn't happening for anyone else.

My last effort to help would be to recommend checking out the steps I outline in the Guide in my sig, exactly as they're written, to see if maybe there's a step or something you're missing.

--With TouchFlo disabled, add your custom city to the weather database. Make sure you're overwriting another city that's also in your timezone <---otherwise, you'll show your city...but the wrong time.
--Once you're done, re-enable TouchFlo. Click on the World Clock and add your custom city. Select it.
--Delete all other entries in the World Clock. Only your city should be selected and visible. [this controls whether or not the weather displays properly in the calendar...just this setting. If there's a weather issue in the calendar view, then there is likely a problem here].
--Now go to Clocks & Alarms and select your timezone...THEN adjust the time for your timezone. [this is the setting that controls your appointments...so if you're appointments are adjusting, then look at this setting]
--Return to the home screen. Navigate over to the weather tab and knock out all of the default cities and add only your custom city. Update the weather.
--Check the calendar day view to see if it worked.

I would not recommend disabling the "sync time with network", unless you want to experiment with it. I don't think it will have any impact on your settings if everything was done properly.

Um...dumb question, you dudes are all on the afternoon edition of 8/11, right? [I should have checked earlier]

If you're still experiencing problems, you've stumped the dude. Maybe a super techy ppcgeeker can chime in.

PICTURE SMS PROBLEMS - 9 out of 10 times you installed it wrong or not at all. Run the disable Picture Mail cab, soft reset, install Arcsoft, soft reset. If you forget to soft reset in between each step, picture mail won't work. It also will not work "out of the box"...you need to do the uninstall/install dance. These steps along with links ot the cabs are in my Guide...also at the front end o fthis thread in Rezn's post.

Good luck dudes!
ThreeFaces - I found the error. Using the Weather Database Editor from J.eremy creates the city in the database just fine but DOESN'T allow for the timezone or MSID. It is set to "0". I.e. no data written to the database. There in lies the problem. TF3D has a city in the database with a timezone which conflicts with the timezone set in WM. I edited the custom city in SQLite adding the correct timezone data and MSID and no more problems!

Last edited by ahuskins; 09-04-2009 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 09-04-2009, 12:05 PM
VIP Member

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by austerville View Post
This is J.eremy's Weather Database editor. Does not set timezone info. Won't fix the problem. You MUST use the SQLite method in ThreeFaces setup guide in his sig.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:07 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
ThreeFaces - I found the error. Using the Weather Database Editor from J.eremy creates the city in the database just fine but DOESN'T allow for the timezone. It is set to "0". I.e. no data written to the database. There in lies the problem. TF3D has a city in the database with a timezone which conflicts with the timezone set in WM. I edited the custom city in SQLite adding the correct timezone data and no more problems!
Awesome...I was sure there was something simple like that, very stoked you cleared it up. I'll have to go back and look into the instructions for using J.eremys method. I edited my manila directly and keep a copy on my storage card with my custom city, so I just copy it over and I'm good to go.

The trick with adding your custom city to the database is editing an existing city in your timezone, which would effectively resolve the problem.

High fives.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro