PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 12:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: GALAXY NEXUS
Carrier: Verizon

shaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerp View Post
????.....speak for yourself....don't try to speak for "everybodys". in my opinion, 2.5 should NEVER come to VGA in its current form.

yea, it has some cool new features, but it just won't fit on our screens. porting it and making it usable on our smaller screens would take a ridiculous amount of work and even then it would be clunky and ugly.

our best bet would be a "2.2" being designed from the start for and officially released on a new VGA device or in an update for an existing VGA device. however, i doubt it will happen anytime soon if ever as HTC is clearly moving on to larger screens for WM phones.

so, if you want 2.5 so bad, buy a new phone....
well said.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Raphael)
Carrier: Alltel or Verizon now...

GatorsUF is just getting started
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

I have major issues with my GPS since getting this phone (Alltel TP, now on VZW). It will connect very well when I am out of town, but when I am in my hometown it is verrrry "finicky".

I just switched from NFSFANs 114 ROM and before switching my GPS was working great, now it doesn't work with this ROM. I have had this issue with other builds of the NFS rom, but it seems every other one or so it will work. In his 114 build he added "Updated GPS Drivers"...I am not sure what these are but I think if I could install them my GPS may lock on better.

I have tried all the other tricks with QPST and so on, and it just seems that the ROM makes a big affect as well as the Radio. The radio i have installed seems to allow it to work well.

Could anyone please help? I love this ROM btw.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:34 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

haha, no we all know the status of 2.5 on out TP's guys....c'mon. If anything, brace for a 3.0 if thats in the pipline.

What are the differences between the 2 new builds? How are they different from the 10/22 builds (in a actual use as i did read the release notes)? Thanks.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

peacock93 is keeping up the good workpeacock93 is keeping up the good work
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23071/21864) ** | Oct 22nd | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
I get that but not all open programs have an X to click on.
So the only way to close them would be to back out and manually open Showcase and close it.
The X works for many apps but not all.
Root,

I use AE Buttons+ and you can set you hard keys to do just about anything with it. I have the Back Arrow set on single tap to Close Active Program and I also have it set on long press to OK/Close. This gets around the closing of a program you are in and it also solved my problem with not being able to OK out of WeatherPanel. Hope this helps!

I do have a question for you though...I'm all loaded up with 23081 and almost everything is fast and perfect except I do not have a Keyboard/SIP icon under the Settings/Personal folder anymore. Without it I cannot activate my TouchPal SIP. I don't know if you have seen a solution for this or not. Also, I have created a complete backup with Sprite Backup and want to change my Taskbar icons to the 10-14 version. I have sdkcerts.cab installed and I have the cab for the taskbar icons. My question/problem is when I install it and switch between TF3D and SPB Pocket+ the bottom bar turns white and my two soft keys are scrunched to the left side. How did you avoid this problem??

pea****93
Old 10-25-2009, 01:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel---->VZW

jkcsho is just getting started

First off I would like to say im sorry. I didnt read and see that our author did not want any mirrors of his files. I was meerley trying to help out us busy impatient people that have multiple devices to flash. i will remove all the torrent files i started. And once again i am sorry.
If I helped you hit the Thanks button!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:15 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23071/21864) ** | Oct 22nd | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pea****93 View Post
Root,

I use AE Buttons+ and you can set you hard keys to do just about anything with it. I have the Back Arrow set on single tap to Close Active Program and I also have it set on long press to OK/Close. This gets around the closing of a program you are in and it also solved my problem with not being able to OK out of WeatherPanel. Hope this helps!

I do have a question for you though...I'm all loaded up with 23081 and almost everything is fast and perfect except I do not have a Keyboard/SIP icon under the Settings/Personal folder anymore. Without it I cannot activate my TouchPal SIP. I don't know if you have seen a solution for this or not. Also, I have created a complete backup with Sprite Backup and want to change my Taskbar icons to the 10-14 version. I have sdkcerts.cab installed and I have the cab for the taskbar icons. My question/problem is when I install it and switch between TF3D and SPB Pocket+ the bottom bar turns white and my two soft keys are scrunched to the left side. How did you avoid this problem??

pea****93

Install this and choose what ever keypad you have installed.
Attached Files
File Type: cab SIPChange.CAB (225.9 KB, 34 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-25-2009, 01:16 PM
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcsho View Post
First off I would like to say im sorry. I didnt read and see that our author did not want any mirrors of his files. I was meerley trying to help out us busy impatient people that have multiple devices to flash. i will remove all the torrent files i started. And once again i am sorry.
Thanks friend and we all know you meant well.
We just have to do what our Chef asks as he puts so much of his time into doing this for us.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

peacock93 is keeping up the good workpeacock93 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Install this and choose what ever keypad you have installed.
Root,

I can use TouchPal and it comes up as my default SIP but I can't register/activate it since I can't get to the option for it without going into the old Input icon under the Settings/Personal folder. For some reason in 23071 and 23081 the icon isn't there anymore. Without registering TouchPal a stupid "Would you like to purchase TouchPal" message keeps coming up when I try to use it.

Just thought you might know what the name of the link for the old icon was. I've searched all through the Windows directory I can't seem to find it.

Thanks for any help you can send this way,

pea****93
Old 10-25-2009, 01:31 PM
The Rootinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pea****93 View Post
Root,

I can use TouchPal and it comes up as my default SIP but I can't register/activate it since I can't get to the option for it without going into the old Input icon under the Settings/Personal folder. For some reason in 23071 and 23081 the icon isn't there anymore. Without registering TouchPal a stupid "Would you like to purchase TouchPal" message keeps coming up when I try to use it.

Just thought you might know what the name of the link for the old icon was. I've searched all through the Windows directory I can't seem to find it.

Thanks for any help you can send this way,

pea****93
I will install my TouchPal and see what I can do.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel---->VZW

jkcsho is just getting started

Quote:
Thanks friend and we all know you meant well.
We just have to do what our Chef asks as he puts so much of his time into doing this for us.
well just so you know anything I can do (beta test, host) to help im always here. I prob play with my 2 pdas 3 or 4 hrs a day. So let me know if I can help in any way.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro