PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 11:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

WmDuchess is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23016) ** | Built Oct 13th | Manila 2.

has anyone had an issue with remote desktop.. someone was helping me out.. he was so nice. maybe its just on my end... like have people had issue with it. i gave up on the one from rom and tried diff app no errors so far just saying connecting...

im runnig vista premium service pack 2, hp laptop.
can it have somethig to do with my firewall or wireless settings on pc?

it suck to have an applicationg that seems to work fine for everone else yet im having issues

fyi i already did the patch
Old 10-17-2009, 11:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23016) ** | Built Oct 13th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfEngr View Post
OK so I reflashed the radio (1.03.09V) as recommended to get the GPS working again. No dice.

I can't even get it to work w/ the stock HTC or any other ROM anymore.
I got mine to work like this:

Soft reset
Go to phone > menu > options > services > location setting > OFF
Go to Start > GPS > QuickGPS > Download (it will fail but that's fine)
Go to Phone again and enable the GPS
Go to QuickGPS again and download the update file. It should download and install properly (you should see that it expires in 6 days and 23 hours)

Try using the GPS.

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WmDuchess View Post
has anyone had an issue with remote desktop.. someone was helping me out.. he was so nice. maybe its just on my end... like have people had issue with it. i gave up on the one from rom and tried diff app no errors so far just saying connecting...

im runnig vista premium service pack 2, hp laptop.
can it have somethig to do with my firewall or wireless settings on pc?

it suck to have an applicationg that seems to work fine for everone else yet im having issues

fyi i already did the patch
There are many things that need to be changed/adjusted before you can use RDC.

First, you should try using another computer to connect to your target. WV has a new setting called NLA (network level authentication), this setting must be disabled before you connect to your target computer using your phone. You also must know your external IP address.

Second, if you are behind a router, you must:

Assign a static IP to your target computer.
Forward port 3389 to the IP of your target computer (this is the RDC port)

Third if you have a third party firewall on your target computer, you must:

Set the firewall to 'trust' your home network so it will allow access from outside.

After you are able to make any other computer connect to your target computer, you must import these settings (like the external IP address or true IP address) into your phone so you'll be able to connect.

Note: RDC requires an username/password to allow access. That means your computer MUST have a password on logon. There is a way to 'disable' this behavior but it puts your target computer at HIGH risk since that port will be exposed to the internet. It is an excellent idea to create a limited user account just for remote access purposes so your antivirus and other security settings do not get overridden by some malicious code or hacker.

Last edited by fenixjn; 10-17-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:39 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

You will probably have to allow remote desktop app through firewall.
What he said.
Haven't used rdm in a while.

Last edited by rootlinux; 10-17-2009 at 11:41 PM.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixjn View Post
There are many things that need to be changed/adjusted before you can use RDC.

First, you should try using another computer to connect to your target. WV has a new setting called NLA (network level authentication), this setting must be disabled before you connect to your target computer using your phone. You also must know your external IP address.

Second, if you are behind a router, you must:

Assign a static IP to your target computer.
Forward port 3389 to the IP of your target computer (this is the RDC port)

Third if you have a third party firewall on your target computer, you must:

Set the firewall to 'trust' your home network so it will allow access from outside.

After you are able to make any other computer connect to your target computer, you must import these settings (like the external IP address or true IP address) into your phone so you'll be able to connect.
<<<<< this is an exact replica of me. if i give my email can you dumb it down for me?

i have been using ip from cmd (ipv4)
my pc firewall is set to allow it.... wait i have avg too and spybot could those be the issues. i have another pc its running windows 7 would that become a isse for me? and would i be able to delete rdc from other comp so other people cant access my laptop.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

i have a billion questions (ive been hated my fellow student while in school... i just love to learn)

youtube kinda shows but then im stuck another million questions that i confuse myself.. and google and yahoo. tell but dont show. then the what ifs come..

ugh
Old 10-17-2009, 11:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

it kinda like when i was tryna hack my psp after months of research and buyig the special batt and memory card.. i found i had that stupid non modable motherboard. naybe my TP is a mutant and it wont work because it hates me.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro

Solidus_k is a n00b

This rom is great, just one question, Im sorry if this has been posted, but I have noticed when the TP is on and I plug to the wall charger the led doesnt stay on when in a full charge, but when the phone is off the led indicator stays on when full charge.

Is this normal?
Old 10-18-2009, 12:13 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

LED stayed on when plugged in on full with last rom.
Have not paid attention on this one but I think it does
Old 10-18-2009, 12:13 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by WmDuchess View Post
<<<<< this is an exact replica of me. if i give my email can you dumb it down for me?

i have been using ip from cmd (ipv4)
my pc firewall is set to allow it.... wait i have avg too and spybot could those be the issues. i have another pc its running windows 7 would that become a isse for me? and would i be able to delete rdc from other comp so other people cant access my laptop.
Well setting up a computer for remote access is a dangerous business because it opens a door that can be used by other people to do many things, including stealing information, proxy, botnets and so on...

First of all, the basics:

You must have a strong password and a good username. I recommend to create a separate account that you should use for remote access purposes with limited privileges (also known as 'limited user')

You must know your external IP. Keep in mind that if your are not paying your ISP for a Static IP, your external IP will change everytime you reboot your HSI/DSL modem. There is a way around this which uses a DDNS service.

You should have another computer to test the RDC connection. A laptop is preferred.

If you have a router, you must know:

Username and password for the configuration page.
How to forward ports

NOTE: In order to use RDC the target computer must be ON. I know this sounds silly but a computer that is powered on but 'sleeping' wont allow connections.

There are several tutorials on YT, I found this one to be interesting, it does not cover DDNS but it covers basic setup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8BbrZqoXpY

Last edited by fenixjn; 10-18-2009 at 12:17 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro