PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 04:21 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmoreau View Post
OK. I bit the bullet and bought the Kinoma Player $29.99 from the web site and got the player and activation code, which was instantaneous, and so far it looks to be a very good investment.

Thanks Root!
Anytime my friend.

The more you use it and the more you explore it the more you will love it and see what all it can do.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pmoreau is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

No ROM is flawless, not even Stock ROMS. However, with all the ROMs I've tried on my phone, this so far has the best Stability to Performance not to mention Eye Candy ratio so far.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:25 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
What can I use to kill the data connection after 1 minute? I had done that tweak to where I deleted the suspendresume thing and thats why my battery was doing so much better. I just undid it because I couldnt answer calls and now I can answer but my data is constantly on again and i've lost like 4% in the past couple minutes.
Some stuff to consider...

If you use Adv Config, you can kill the data, but your dialer issues will return. It sets that "#777" reg entry to "GPRS something".

Several of us have done some testing with the battery and came to the conclusion that killing the data after its done working does not have a major impact on battery. As a matter of fact, if you open tBattery in START-UTILITIES watch what the draw is at rest vs. an active data connection. Then compare the draw of opening/closing a data connection and simply leaving a data connection idle. You shuld notice a spike when you open the data connection that eventually settles a bit.

There is only a draw when data is "active", as in pulling data. When it sits idle, there is no additional draw from the battery - its as if the data was "killed". So the theory is that you're actually using more battery opening and closing the data connection than just leaving it on.

Couple that with the added benefit of not having dialer answer issues, and the #777 edit seems the best choice.

Test it for yourself. Unless the device is drawing down data, having it shut off after a minute isn't going to save you the kind of battery you're talking about.

...and when you say dropped 4% in a couple of minutes, what were the values? 100%-96%? Or mid range? We've also discussed the battery level dropping significantly fast from 100-about 90-95%.

Rock it.

QUICK EXAMPLE - at rest Im floating between 84 and 157 [data is off]. Initiating data throws me up into the 350-400 range. When the data connection is "on" but not active, the current drops back to 84-157. Terminitaing data at this point does nothing to the current reading. Sliding over to check weather with MyLocation, throws a spike up to 500, then it settles, then back to normal. These are casual observations, just for quick reference.

Last edited by ThreeFaces; 10-07-2009 at 04:30 PM. Reason: wrong location for tbattery
Old 10-07-2009, 04:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pmoreau is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Anytime my friend.

The more you use it and the more you explore it the more you will love it and see what all it can do.
One thing with the Kinoma Player I've noticed so far, When I hit 'Videos' it starts a scan and after a few minutes of 'scanning' it just dies.. When I restart the player and go to videos again, it does the same thing. 4 times now.

Also when I go to My Media and navigate to my videos, it trys to play with Windows Media Player and can't play them since they are DivX and WMP seems to lack the codec...

Last edited by pmoreau; 10-07-2009 at 04:54 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:33 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpressyourcell View Post
Can someone PLEASE tell me if they have MMS working on Alltel on the latest ROM???? If you have, please PM me. These pages are building so fast that I can't even find my last post from a few days ago.
I searched it for you:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...92#post1103292

I'm kinda in love with Google sometimes. ...and the "search this thread" feature. Borwsing thousands of pages is silly business.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6900
Carrier: sprint

JSMZ is becoming a great contributor

lol, listen to yourselves,

i'm not a hater, but
maybe u should make ur own rom
lets see how superb urs is
Why even bother to post a lame a$$ post
don't come into NRG's house and light a match

the world does not simply revolve around positive feedback only. Negative feedback helps to maintain stability in a system in spite of external changes. like it or not its how the world turns.

fyi, it was simply my opinion. and i did not flame anyone.

i dont want your help, as i have moved on. but here is a quick list of annoyances off the top of my head.

cooked in screen rotation program doesnt work because of the stylus sensor not working.
run arounds to get programs/games to work correctly
auto dim setting doesnt stay checked.
phone just pops up randomly and starts dialing the last number that was dialed
camera video mode gives me a black screen id say 80% of the time
camera has big time issues with saving in landscape
several times i have had random soft resets.
randomly puts itself in airplain mode.

i flashed three times, ruling out a bad flash and other roms do not have these issues with my device so it is not busted.

Last edited by JSMZ; 10-07-2009 at 04:43 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:42 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMZ View Post

i'm not a hater, but

the world does not simply revolve around positive feedback only. Negative feedback helps to maintain stability in a system in spite of external changes. like it or not its how the world turns.

I think it might have been more helpful to post the bugs you found, rather than stating your "opinion" in the manner you did. No one gives a piece that you dont care for the ROM, that's all good, but we do like to try and help build a better product through crtique, as you said, "Negative feedback helps to maintain stability in a system in spite of external changes. like it or not its how the world turns."

I agree 100%. So, rather that excite the hotheads around here, why not post the bugs you found?

...or flash another ROM? I can suggest a few that are excellent.

EDIT: You just edited your post...cool, no sense addressing what's been addressed. There are definitely ROMs that will do what you're looking for, good luck.

Last edited by ThreeFaces; 10-07-2009 at 04:47 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:56 PM
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

i'm not a hater, but

i dont want your help, as i have moved on. but here is a quick list of annoyances off the top of my head.

cooked in screen rotation program doesnt work because of the stylus sensor not working.
run arounds to get programs/games to work correctly
auto dim setting doesnt stay checked.
phone just pops up randomly and starts dialing the last number that was dialed
camera video mode gives me a black screen id say 80% of the time
camera has big time issues with saving in landscape
several times i have had random soft resets.
randomly puts itself in airplain mode.

i flashed three times, ruling out a bad flash and other roms do not have these issues with my device so it is not busted.
How is popping in and saying this rom sucks have any constructive elements at all to your post?
All your post had to say was bashing.
All the problems you posted are things that I have never had a problem with.
( Except the Stylus problem )

So maybe in your all mighty criticizing you just had a bad flash from the start.
But to be honest with an attitude like yours, you are probably better off using someones else's rom anyway.
After all their roms are better anyway!

Hope you enjoy the other guys roms.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:59 PM
The Rootinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmoreau View Post
One thing with the Kinoma Player I've noticed so far, When I hit 'Videos' it starts a scan and after a few minutes of 'scanning' it just dies.. When I restart the player and go to videos again, it does the same thing. 4 times now.

Also when I go to My Media and navigate to my videos, it trys to play with Windows Media Player and can't play them since they are DivX and WMP seems to lack the codec...
I have never had that issue.
Will try to re-create it here and see if I can help.

What kind of videos are causing this?
Mine loads all videos taken from device, sent via MMS and also DVD rips and plays them beautifully.

Can you upload a file that is causing the problem that way I can test it out?

Last edited by rootlinux; 10-07-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:00 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
ive been using this rom since it was posted.

it sucks. more bugs than a piece of candy on an ant hill.

going back to Ivans rom that was built way back when. at least it works. toodles

EDIT: to all of you haters that are going to come in here and be jackasses for voicing my opinion, get a life
Waiting for backlash eh. Seems as if you are looking for it. You can express your opinion in a more sufficient manner and then not have to worry about anybody being 'jackasses'. The JACKASS is the one who can't use mature methods of expressing opinions. We need to get a life????? We aren't the ones going to other threads to say one line crap.

So you don't like it.....ok. I do, he does, we do. Do you feel any different? Well neither do we that you do not like it.

Call me a jackass with no life.........NRG is LIFE friend.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro