PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 10:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

vernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to vernonlbrown
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Anybody able to get hotmail set-up?
Old 11-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

soinkster is keeping up the good worksoinkster is keeping up the good work
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

what happened to gsensor config on yesterdays rom? is it a cab for that aswell as the original input keyboard? this tiny one requires a stylis
Old 11-11-2009, 10:23 AM
VIP Member

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernonlbrown View Post
Anybody able to get hotmail set-up?
What's the fix for my phone ring receiving calls using 23504 2.5 10-9?
Old 11-11-2009, 10:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Bell

crazycage is just getting started
Unhappy Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Hey guys,

I know this is a little off-topic but I am having trouble with my SMS timestamps. It is 5 hours off. I tried fixing it using this known fix

HKLM\Software\OEM\PhoneSetting\
Create a DWORD: "TrustTimeZoneField"
Value: "0"

but no luck.

Any other fixes? I tried searching but didn't find anything.

Thanks
Old 11-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker

flashing from the card is the ish! new rom goes up while im at work, download it, extract it, flash it! BOOM never miss a beat!
Old 11-11-2009, 10:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Telus

larry6667 is becoming a great contributor

I want a job where I can flash my phone while at work....
Old 11-11-2009, 10:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker

for the record i hate my job
Old 11-11-2009, 10:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker

vernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to vernonlbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm627 View Post
What's the fix for my phone ring receiving calls using 23504 2.5 10-9?
Did you turn off HTC Sense, set your ring, reset, and then turn it back on?
Old 11-11-2009, 10:40 AM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieyee View Post
I flashed the Nov 9 23504. Tried to get hotmail/contacts working by dowing the following:
1. disabling HTC sense
2. installing marketplace
3. updating windows live / restart device
4. Enable HTC sense
5. configure hotmail

Here's the outcome:
-Contacts FAIL to sync (even though the config screen says to sync the contacts, the items are checked but greyed out unchangeable)
-Email Syncs

So looks like we're ALMOST there, but the contacts are still failing to sync.

Contact sync is a dealbreaker for me... flashing back to Oct 28.

Anybody else get contact syncing with hotmail to work?
Forget the suggestion to download a new version from the Marketplace. All you need to do is shutdown SENSE when you configure your account and you'll get all of the regular options to sync ocntacts and add links to the home screen, etc.

You can also go back and set items to push to the device.

I have all of the instructions in the Guide - I use 2 Gmail, 2 Hotmail, and Outlook for my configuration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead428 View Post
I don't know much about syncing contacts, but the best way to set up hotmail is to not even use Windows Live. I first used Windows Live, but it would only download the last 50 emails for me. I set it up the way that Threefaces has in its guide that I figured out (tho I'm no longer credited in his guide, hint, hint messing with you bro). It will let you download all your emails. The only thing I like about Windows Live is that you can set it up to send/receive based on when items arrive. Other than that, setting it up manually is the way to go.
...i got your credit back in, sorry dude. Your method works for a second Hotmail Account...you can configure the first by simply disabling SENSE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allamerican2302 View Post
Does anyone know how to change the icon of a program ?
reSTART - it's linked into the Guide and will let you completely customize your START Menu items, including moving icons to different folder, and will also let you assign new icons to programs. Check it...love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead428 View Post
Oh it's already been brought! J/k, I wasn't on the newer builds long enough to see if I had a ringer issue. I use custom ringers, but I only set them up for incoming calls and incoming texts. Never for contacts. But for the little time I was on there, they worked. This is after installing the MaxTTM mod (or whatever its called). Sent myself texts and emails and pic messages (tho I couldn't figure out how to view them despite the guide), called the phone. Rang every time. I'm waiting on a stabler release before I flash again.

Would anyone mind posting some screens of their home screens? I know that the bottom tabs on the program tab are cut off at the bottom, but I was wondering if the notification icons are still cut off? Or maybe I just couldn't figure out how to see them. I was in full screen. I figured out how to navigate all those screens, but I couldn't ever see the notifications at the bottom. Those would be a big help for me to see those fixed or maybe they are already. I'm still reading thru the last few pages before I make a decision on whether or not to flash again. Thanks for everyones help in advance.
OK, MMS is a P in the A, but it will work if it's set up correctly. I don't know if there's a huge difference between the 21864 and 23xxx build, but you really need to dance to make it happen.

Install Arcsoft as we always have. If you want to send a pic, you need to do it from the Picture Album or Pics and Vids...so I'd put aquick link to one of those apps on your homescreen. It's the easiest way to send a picture message. When your homies send YOU a picture message, you will get a notification in SENSE on the messaging tab, it will have an icon. Clicking on it will do nothing. YOu need now to go into the old WinMo style texting. START-INTERNET-Messaging. I'd create a second quick link for this app. When you go into that app and click into the convo, you'll see a small graphic icon that you can click to view the pic.

It's NOT pretty, but it does work.

...and I thought I included the Sprint MMS Server settings in the Guide so they could be checked, but I'll go back and see. Four releases is starting to spin my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip View Post
Ok... so I realize there is no landscape. Could someone please verify that means that if I'm in manila writing a text and I open the keyboard it will not switch to landscape? just want to make sure that's what is being talked about and not just switching to landscape on the home screen which is not supported in the approved carrier rom. Thanks.
While there is no landscape support, you will find when USING 2.5 that the landscape issue is rarely an issue. I use my physical keyboard often and find very few times when I cannot and am forced by SENSE to type in portrait using the onscreen jam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imzack View Post
Playing around with the rom released last night, seems great, except two things that were stated before which were the dialer, and the text message load time pretty slow... besides that, alot of the problems i was expreicencing before were solved...
Text load times and the general sluggish nature of the texting app is directly related to the number of text you have on your device...same deal with syncing via MyPhone, if you're backup is too large it may fail on you or take FOREVER...bakcing up tons of texts and/or pictures, music, video. Just FYI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieyee View Post
thanks-- i did read the guide, and I actually prefer the push email, and the contacts stored in my hotmail account-- the reason is I also use Outlook heavily, and the integration with the Outlook connector to hotmail/contacts, and the phone works very well.

Contact sync is very important to me, and I am quite surprised it didn't work after updating Microsoft Live from the marketplace.

Anybody else get contact syncing to work with MS Live on the latest NRG builds?
PM if the Guide instructions didn't work...let me know what you did to get it working. It was very simple to get running. SENSE causes a lot of conflicts with some applications and often disabling it takes care of everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malax View Post
I'm on the Oct. 25 build now and I'm getting freezing almost every time I'm in the sms/mms menu, and I come from out of one message and go into another.

For instance, if I'm reading one message and another one comes in, if I go into the sms/mms folder and try to click the other message, the phone freezes and I have to soft reset.

This doesn't seem to happen using the manila 2.1 text messaging window, or if I go back out to the homescreen between reading messages. It's pretty annoying.
...maybe try cutting down on the number of stored texts. It should improve performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soinkster View Post
would anyway be willing to make a cab to disable the vibrating phone buttons on the latest rom .... IM SCARED OF THE REGISTRY
I'll track down Root's cab and post it. I looked for it yesterday, but using the search feature was, apparently, not an option for me at that moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinsoldier79 View Post
Ok I dont know what the heck is going on and I cant find a solution... As I stated yesturday with the 11-9 builds. I cant get any of the 11-10 builds to get past the splash screen(with rom info) Ive tried all of them. From PC and from SD. they all get stuck at splash! I can flash back to stock no prob. I can flash to any build earlier than 11-9. Whats up with this I dont understand. I of course thought error on my part. I'm doing everything same as always. Ive tried redownloading from hotfile. I dont know what else there is I could do..
...I think it was mentioned a few times, but wasn't sure if you actually tried it, but did you remove your SD card when you flashed from teh PC to see if that'd help? Otherwise, I'm totally stumped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernonlbrown View Post
OK, this is the first time I ever tried to set-up my hotmail account and couldn't. Checked ThreeFaces guide and still couldn't get it set-up on my phone. Anyone w/hotmail been able to do it?
...yea, what did you do? There's no real trick...you just need to disable SENSE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondechomatt View Post
I love the build.

However, I received two picture messages and couldn't get the picture either time. The icon popped at the top bar, and it was in the notifications, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Any help?
START-INTERNET-Messaging...they should be there if you installed Arcsoft. FYI - when you recieve a pic message, there's an initial notification that you got mail, then the program starts to download the attachment so it may not be ready as soon as you get the notification, there's a seocnd notification when the pic has been downloaded and ready for view.

We're in workaround city until the cooked in app is tweaked to work...then again, we've always needed to use work arounds for MMS, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3shuggah View Post
Meshuggah is a metal band...yo just because I call it ballet, doesn't mean I dont have balls.

On second thought...maybe I should go with this, so you are more likely to help me.
...I thought it was a ref to the band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsevol View Post
Ok guys, I am running the latest 21864 M2.5 and when I flashed it earlier today everything was working perfect so I started my attack with my .cabs and perfected it as I have done several times over the last week with all these new ROMs lol. MY PROBLEM is that I unknowingly hit the Update PRI button on setting and now my DATA is out, I am continuously getting a Error Code: 67. Any suggestions please. I installed Sprint Update PRL and Profile cab and neither of them will run obviously because the DATA is out. Someone please offer some advice.
...man, everyone messes with the PRI and PRL stuff. If you haven't fixed this yet, you'll likely need to call Sprint and have them reprovision your phone. And you may need to revert to a stock rom for them to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Guess I will have to grab another phone here and call myself to test it. LOL

Edit: Just tested here and it rang just perfectly with vibrate and ring.
I have VolumeX installed so not sure if that will cause any difference or not.
I'm curious about this...I'm going to mess with it to see if maybe he vol controls in SENSE are jacking the ringer.

My latest thoughts were that the default ringers are located in a folder called "Ring" in the Windows directory. I don't know if this is new or what and need to dig deeper into it. My guess was that the phone needing to access the Windows directory to ring could be part of the issue.

I'll play with it. If anyone wants to test the ringer fail, the best thing to do is set the ringtone however [Ive tried many methods], then start playing with SENSE...go in and change your ringtone a few times and it shoudl fail.

I do think it's 2.5 related still...just need to keep at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay3253 View Post
So, for the GPS issue are you guys saying to do the flash dnce again? Why should I change Radios if I have never had this problem before on any of NRGs other builds?
Change your radio before the flash dance...it's easier and you wont need to hard reset your device. If a radio change doesn't help...go on to a reflash or flash dance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
I wonder if VolumeX may have something to do with it.
Will test it more on this rom.
Last build I had custom ringers and changed on the fly with no problems.
Had VolumeX installed then as well.

Anyone want to test it and confirm or deny it with me?
...I'm on the mo-fo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
I've got it! At least for me. I had to do this once before on another ROM.
Install the remove cab
Install the Zanyee disable cab
Install Arcsoft (5.0.82.79)
SR's between all
Now go to the SMS Server settings and Copy the Server Address and paste into the Gateway

Now, sending and receiving work flawlessly. I am going to test by removing disable cab and see if it still works. I suspect it will. The key is adding the Gateway address: "http://mms.sprintpcs.com"

BTW: No message deletions. Yet.

I'll report back.
I don't use the disable HTC cab and have it all working...just an odd set up.

OK, let's see what build we'll play with today.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

chaopac is just getting started

hey guys, can you tell me how to get rid of vibrating when we press any button please? it's really anoying, killing me when i'm chatting or doing something with the keyboard....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro