PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2009, 12:47 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by allamerican2302 View Post
Oh I see...What does flashing to stock do that hard resetting does not?
Sometimes when we flash files get written to the wrong location. Flashing to stock should return everything to the correct location. If somehow the files got misplaced in the ROM your in currently, a hard reset will just reset them to the same "wrong" location. That's how I understand it anyway. I'm still working on your ringtone issue, gimme a sec and I'll edit this post.

EDIT: Oops I quoted myself instead of Edit, the info is a post or three down

Last edited by iknowsquat; 11-07-2009 at 01:12 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:52 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Oh I see...What does flashing to stock do that hard resetting does not?
Sometimes flashing can cause data to get written to wrong areas of the device memory and that can cause errors.
Custom roms do not contain radios and that is often why a flash to stock can fix errors.
There may be other areas that stock can correct but the radio memory is for sure one of them.
So if you ever have errors right from a custom flash it is always a good idea to flash to stock and back.
That usually fixes a lot of random problems.
If others do not have the error you have then chances are likely a stock flash may fix it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:53 AM
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Sometimes when we flash files get written to the wrong location. Flashing to stock should return everything to the correct location. If somehow the files got misplaced in the ROM your in currently, a hard reset will just reset them to the same "wrong" location. That's how I understand it anyway. I'm still working on your ringtone issue, gimme a sec and I'll edit this post.
Beat me too it bro and that is a good explanation as well.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: USSC

allamerican2302 is becoming a great contributor

Hey i just thought about somthin

When i did the hard reset to fix the ringtone prob i noticed that my text ringer was different & all the other ringers worked phone calls & all

I took a nap & when i got a text the text ringer changed on its on

It made me think so i called me phone & Poof! the phone ringer stopped working again...

Hmmm.....idk

Old 11-07-2009, 01:11 AM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
So Like what about my custom MP3 Ringtones b/c im using that for the general ringer not the ringtones cooked in the Rom

Or is it my Ringers that are corrupt....

Ill try what you said

ADD: There is nothing in " My Ringtones " Folder in the " My Documents " Its Blank

Only on my Storage Card is there a " My Ringtones " Folder that has my custom Ringers that i made
OK, thanks for playing along with me. I've tried this with a few other people but havent gotten any feedback yet.

The blank folder could be a problem-dont know if ringtones are cooked in and therefore inaccessable. I dont think so because I DONT have the Rhodium cab installed and My Documents/My Ringtone folder has files. I MAY have restored them there with one of my back ups but I dont think so. My storage card has a My Ringtones file with ALL the ringers and alerts.

I wrote the cab to put the files into My Documents/My Ringtones. I wrote it a few builds ago when the ROM had only about 5 options for ringers.
I'm 99% sure the system will pull files from both locations when you pull up your menus when looking for ringers but just in case-copy your custom MP3's over to My Documents/My Ringtones.
So when you install the cab there is a chance you may see duplicate file names-the corrupt ones, and the ones from the cab, hope not.
Hope I haven't confused you Bro, just trying to help ya out. Let me know how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saf100792 View Post
i looked for the prl update but couldnt find it. Where is it?
You have a couple of options:
1) DL the Sprint carrier cab and it will put the Update PRL/PRI/Data Profile Icons onto your phone. There are also cabs that will install just the PRL/PRI update icons. Threefaces guide also has a step-by-step process on how to do it manually. All the cabs I mentioned are in the threads attached files which is linked in my sig
2) Dial *2. If you need an update the system may detect it and you'll get a message that Sprint is updating you to the latest Roaming package. If you dont get that message, wait for an operator and ask for an update. They will probably tell you to use the icons on your phone. But you dont have them since you are on a cooked ROM (Do Not tell them that-sorry if obvious but just wanted to make sure). Tell them that the icons dont seem to work and you get a "No update available" message but you'd like one anyway just to be sure since your reception has been acting weird the past three days. When they tell you to take out your battery and reset the phone tell them you knew they would say that and you already did it. (save you some time ) I usually call but that is just my preference since I want to install as few cabs as possible. You may think the cabs are the way to go. Hope that helps.

EDIT: @ Allamerican-OK Bro, your last post has me thinking you need to do the Dance, but if this is your only issue, then I'd try the sound cab first as the Dance is a bit time consuming.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 11-07-2009 at 01:15 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:18 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Beat me too it bro and that is a good explanation as well.
Thanks Dude. Was 99% sure on the Radio aspect of the Dance but you confirmed it for me.

GREAT new avatar.

And mucho congrats on that rep of yours!!!!! 2000+ and growing! Nice going, you deserve it Bro! Thanks for all that you do.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: USSC

allamerican2302 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
OK, thanks for playing along with me. I've tried this with a few other people but havent gotten any feedback yet.

The blank folder could be a problem-dont know if ringtones are cooked in and therefore inaccessable. I dont think so because I DONT have the Rhodium cab installed and My Documents/My Ringtone folder has files. I MAY have restored them there with one of my back ups but I dont think so. My storage card has a My Ringtones file with ALL the ringers and alerts.

I wrote the cab to put the files into My Documents/My Ringtones. I wrote it a few builds ago when the ROM had only about 5 options for ringers.
I'm 99% sure the system will pull files from both locations when you pull up your menus when looking for ringers but just in case-copy your custom MP3's over to My Documents/My Ringtones.
So when you install the cab there is a chance you may see duplicate file names-the corrupt ones, and the ones from the cab, hope not.
Hope I haven't confused you Bro, just trying to help ya out. Let me know how it goes.
EUREKA!

Ok I THINK i found a fix & I hope this is sticks

So all I did was install your CAB

I looked in My Documents My Ringtones it was still blank

So Then i just moved my custom ringers to My Documents My Ringtones

Went to Sounds & Notifications & set one of my Custom Ringers ( The 2nd copy b/c there are two of them the 1st one is " Corrupt " )

Called myself & it works!

Hope this will stick!
Old 11-07-2009, 01:33 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
EUREKA!

Ok I THINK i found a fix & I hope this is sticks

So all I did was install your CAB

I looked in My Documents My Ringtones it was still blank

So Then i just moved my custom ringers to My Documents My Ringtones

Went to Sounds & Notifications & set one of my Custom Ringers ( The 2nd copy b/c there are two of them the 1st one is " Corrupt " )

Called myself & it works!

Hope this will stick!
Hope so!

EDIT: HOLY SHIZ!! I got the corrupt error when I went into Sounds and Notifications, and my ringer crapped out, how weird is that?
Got it right back, here is everything I did:
Tried to select another ringer=NO, restored ringers from KMT=NO, turned off Sense=NO, soft reset and turned Sense back on=YES!
So my guess is that it was either the combo of Sense off/on with a soft reset inbetween or the soft reset alone. Yikes.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 11-07-2009 at 02:18 AM.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Ok... I know the youtube app is not working but neither is Kinoma Player working with youtube.
Url not found.

So..... could it be a reg error?
Been scanning through and found some things that I am pretty sure needed to be changed but so far no luck.

Will try again tomorrow.

Kinoma Play still works with Youtube. You need to go into Kinoma, hit Get Apps, find the Youtube update, and install it. Kinoma posted it in their forum early last month I believe. I had the same problem.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:36 AM
The Rootinator

Just tried and comfirmed youtube works perfect if you turn off tf.
What in the world is Manila doing that blocks youtube?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro