PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 11:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

saf100792 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Did it stop updating or it wont update post flash?
First scenario could be network related.
If it has never updated post flash go to Start/Settings/System/Location Settings and make sure that is turned ON. If you do that and it still wont update, try a soft reset.
yea i tried that before i had it already on and tried soft resetting nothing fixes it
Old 11-06-2009, 11:23 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Ok... I know the youtube app is not working but neither is Kinoma Player working with youtube.
Url not found.

So..... could it be a reg error?
Been scanning through and found some things that I am pretty sure needed to be changed but so far no luck.

Will try again tomorrow.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:45 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by allamerican2302 View Post
Okie Doke

Well my ringers still dont work

Sorry if im not paying attention but did you or someone say somthing about the ringtones being corrupt?

It worked after a hard reset

Then stopped a few hours later

But when i go to sounds & notifications they play when i press the play button

Im stumped...
Yes, some users are getting corrupt files (I did a few versions ago) but you would most likely be getting a "corrupt file" error somewhere along the process of trying to set them.

While your not getting the error you could try reinstalling the files. Go to the threads attached files and DL the cab I put up-Rhodium Sounds. Erase the contents (NOT the folder) of My Ringtones. Then install the cab. It has all the ringers and alerts. Lemme know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saf100792 View Post
yea i tried that before i had it already on and tried soft resetting nothing fixes it
OK, next idea-Since My Location is largely based on cell tower communication, you could try flashing a new radio and/or updating your PRL.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

saf100792 is becoming a great contributor

i looked for the prl update but couldnt find it. Where is it?
Old 11-07-2009, 12:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: USSC

allamerican2302 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Yes, some users are getting corrupt files (I did a few versions ago) but you would most likely be getting a "corrupt file" error somewhere along the process of trying to set them.

While your not getting the error you could try reinstalling the files. Go to the threads attached files and DL the cab I put up-Rhodium Sounds. Erase the contents (NOT the folder) of My Ringtones. Then install the cab. It has all the ringers and alerts. Lemme know.
So Like what about my custom MP3 Ringtones b/c im using that for the general ringer not the ringtones cooked in the Rom

Or is it my Ringers that are corrupt....

Ill try what you said

ADD: There is nothing in " My Ringtones " Folder in the " My Documents " Its Blank

Only on my Storage Card is there a " My Ringtones " Folder that has my custom Ringers that i made

Last edited by allamerican2302; 11-07-2009 at 12:13 AM.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Sprint
Carrier: Verizon

lunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
So Like what about my custom MP3 Ringtones b/c im using that for the general ringer not the ringtones cooked in the Rom

Or is it my Ringers that are corrupt....

Ill try what you said

I'm having the same problem, and it's not limited to this ROM, but also others I've tried, as well as ROMs I've cooked. I suspect it's a windows 6.5 bug of some sort, as it seems to happen often enough that if you search on XDA or here you'll see lots of threads about it.

With this version I'm just not having any luck with a long-term fix. I changed the file parameters - that didn't work. I moved all the ringtone files off my phone to a PC then copied them back - that worked for a while, but within an hour the phone no longer played ringtones when a call came in, and I'm back to searching for a fix.

I'm thinking the stock flashdance is the next thing to try...
Radio: 1.12.34F
Old 11-07-2009, 12:14 AM
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Ok...
If you go here "m.youtube.com/app" ( without "" ) via ie explorer on your device you can DL a version of youtube that works.
Doesn't look as cool as the one cooked in but it works.

Here is the kicker though...
Open the app you downloaded and installed.
Play any video from it and close it.

Now go to the cooked in youtube player and play a video.
It works.

Enjoy.

Edit: It didn't keep whatever setting that made the cooked in version work.
It stopped after one video.

Anyway the player from the link works fine.
Back to looking for a cooked in fix.

Last edited by rootlinux; 11-07-2009 at 12:20 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunacie View Post
but within an hour the phone no longer played ringtones when a call came in, and I'm back to searching for a fix.

I'm thinking the stock flashdance is the next thing to try...
SMH I know same thing! Crazy yo

& What exactly is the "FlashDance" ?
Old 11-07-2009, 12:25 AM
The Rootinator

Quote:
SMH I know same thing! Crazy yo

& What exactly is the "FlashDance" ?
Flash to Stock/Hard reset/Flash Custom/Hard reset..... FlashDance
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Oh I see...What does flashing to stock do that hard resetting does not?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro