PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2010, 04:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO, HTC Touch Pro - Flashed MetroPCS
Carrier: Sprint and MetroPCS

mdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-* Energy *|Jun 5| 21905|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ MaxSen

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachofalltrades View Post
There have been several releases where my keyboard seemed 'dead' after the first boot, then after one or two soft resets (for whatever other reason) it worked fine, and continued to work fine.
mine is broken also, my warranty expired in jan.. and the keyboard broke in feb.. haha

htc said around $100 or 340... depending on the problem..

some fellow ppcgeeker said try this step and it continues to work for awhile, but soon enough it would really stop responding..

take out the battery,,, press the space bar and back of the phone.. squeeze it tight..
apparently there is a small flex cable behind the spacebar, and by pressing hard, it gets a better contact..

Sprint Touch Pro and TPro 2 Flashed to MetroPCS = Guide for MetroPCS

Dont forget to hit Thanks, if I helped.

Last edited by mdiaz33685; 06-12-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP, TP2
Carrier: Sprint

sa_doug is becoming a great contributor
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-* Energy *|Jun 5| 21905|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ MaxSen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiaz33685 View Post
mine is broken also, my warranty expired in jan.. and the keyboard broke in feb.. haha

htc said around $100 or 340... depending on the problem..

some fellow ppcgeeker said try this step and it continues to work for awhile, but soon enough it would really stop responding..

take out the battery,,, press the space bar and back of the phone.. squeeze it tight..
apparently there is a small flex cable behind the spacebar, and by pressing hard, it gets a better contact..
This is a little off topic, NRG your roms are awesome, BIG Thanks.
For those of us that are having hardware keyboard issues, there is a company selling used keyboards and LCD displays (the whole front of the phone) on ebay at really reasonable prices. They had to send me 3 different displays before I got a functional one, but they had good support and fast shipping. They say that the parts are from phones that had bad main boards.
The phone is really easy to take apart, google "touch pro disassembly" for help. I'd do this first and check that the connector is firmly seated before buying another keyboard. If it's loose, it should click when it seats. If this doesn't fix the hardware keyboard issue then a replacement might help. Do not pull on the cable to disconnect it, you might damage the cable. Use the small screwdriver to gently lift up on the connector itself, it will easily pop off. If you have to replace the keyboard, there is one more connector to remove, 6 more screws and the keyboard is removed. reverse the order to assemble. I can change the keyboard in less than 10 minutes.
PM me if you have any questions, I'll try to help.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

mmayo01 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mmayo01

This is my first ROM flash attempt (other than HTC stock upgrades) and I couldn't be happier with the Energy.HERMAN.21905.Sense2.5.Cookie.Jun.07.7z.

I have come across only one thing that I can't seem to get passed and was hoping someone could help me. I accidentally checked a box that enabled the e-mail to automatically open when I press the messaging icon, when I actually want it to either bring up the list (SMS/MMS, E-mail, or Set Up new E-mail).

Normally (stock rom) If you went to compose a new text message or e-mail you could hit the menu soft key and it would bring up a list with one of the options being "messaging options" however that doesn't exist currently and looking through the tools and settings there doesn't seem to be any messaging options other than switching from threaded to classic.

Also the Text and E-mail notification icons on the notification bar have become dead as well since the messaging icon wants to point directly to e-mail.

Any help?

Last edited by mmayo01; 06-12-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ForteD is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to ForteD

where can I download skin for MMS(SMS\MMS) like SMS and contact of gtx sense ?
Old 06-12-2010, 01:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

meliswhi5 is a n00b

Hi Everyone! I flashed back to the new June 7th Maxsense last night and there's been a lot of the original bugs worked out....so happy to see this! I just have a nuisance of sorts and hopefully and just something quick and I will be in my glory. When I go into a text, not all messages just touching a text when it appears, I go into the client with the bubble notifications and I love that, the issue I'm having is at the bottom it shows the contact info, like contact card, message card, call history card, etc. when I slide out my keyboard and go landscape to type that slider is in the way of the white were you type and it won't let me type. I have to exit out and go to all messages which is a bit of a pain. Anyone know how to nix the contact info at the bottom, or any other fixes? Thanks so much!
Old 06-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work

Well, after nearly 2 years of Touch Pro ownership I got so sick and tired of the ancient-ness of my phone I finally installed this. It's a heck of a head trip getting used to this new ROM but it's fascinating and I have managed to make it usable for the most part. Big kudos to the amazing wizards who make these things - I can't even imagine how!

The reason I'm writing though is not just to thank but to give some advice - the ROM didn't run really as well as I'd hoped until I did one thing that I think should be a forced step during setup - CARRIER PROVISIONING, which is under START MENU--->TOOLS--->CARRIER PROVISIONING. Select your carrier (mine was Sprint) and let it do its thing and soft reset.

Once I did this (and I don't know exactly why!) the ROM runs at many times the speed it did before! Maybe it really should be a mandatory menu during install at some point?
Old 06-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: bell

tb5... is keeping up the good worktb5... is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb5... View Post
anyone have a issue when they charge their phone via usb... maxsense.mscr is not verified or can't be opened.

this is weird... i dunno why all of a sudden its messing up when i plug it in.

on 21xxx maxsense newest release.

so no one else is having the problem of their device being useless/throwing error messages when charging?
Old 06-13-2010, 02:19 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

roflhorse is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrafaelm View Post
Menu => Tools => Advanced Config => once in Advance Config click MENU => More Settings => Connections => Check mark [ ] Disconnect After => Select the desired time.

By default Energy ROMs have backlight Brightness maxed out while on battery power, too adjust this go to Main Menu => Settings => System => Power => Backlight, adjust backlight brithness to your liking or Select Auto adjust backlight.
That disconnect tip is excellent and should be put in the first post. It's effectively doubled my battery life with the battery tweak cab and lumos installed.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

asuh is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagual View Post
The reason I'm writing though is not just to thank but to give some advice - the ROM didn't run really as well as I'd hoped until I did one thing that I think should be a forced step during setup - CARRIER PROVISIONING, which is under START MENU--->TOOLS--->CARRIER PROVISIONING. Select your carrier (mine was Sprint) and let it do its thing and soft reset.

Once I did this (and I don't know exactly why!) the ROM runs at many times the speed it did before! Maybe it really should be a mandatory menu during install at some point?
Funny, I only noticed this not too long ago and couldn't figure out what it was. My research led me to believe it's just for keyboard layouts and I didn't find any further relevant info on what it actually does. Does anyone know where to find the deets on what this actually does? I'm on Sprint as well.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:32 AM
VIP Member

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-* Energy *|Jun 12| 21905|23569 ¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ MaxSense¯)

Some new Rom´s uploading last nigth
But my favorite Max UI not yet

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro