PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 06:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

pdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo718 View Post
ok i installed both but now when i click on the picture i just get a clear block on the top left corner, no options. Any ideas?
Start over.. this is the procedure that worked for me:

disable touchflo
restart
follow procedures on on page 1
restart
enable touchflo
restart (not sure if this is needed but I did it to be safe)

in the end I went back to album 3.0 without the option to upload direct from the album. Album 2.5 sucks in my opinion because it's nowhere near as smooth. Try it.. you will see what I mean.

It's easy to go back to 3.0 after you've tested 2.5. just disable touchflo, reset, uninstall dutty (& I think album 3.0 shows up as an installed program...if so u need to uninstall it), then reset, enable touchflo, and restart
Old 10-07-2009, 06:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

pdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuff
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporkman View Post
with the cab and Lumos the battery live is improved GREATLY
I need to test this lumos everyone is talking about... that cab you posted is Lumos right? what other cab are you talking about?
Old 10-07-2009, 06:23 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdappcgeek View Post
I need to test this lumos everyone is talking about... that cab you posted is Lumos right? what other cab are you talking about?

here yea go
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP, TP2

sa_doug is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmoreau View Post
Already did this, last evening. Made sure the Email was correct.
Also make sure that the email didn't go into your spam folder!
Old 10-07-2009, 06:50 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmoreau View Post
Which problem? The dying on the scan or using WMP to play?

Does it normally have the WMP icon with My Media on videos? Does it normally play with WMP?
I though Kinoma Player had it's own video player. At least it did when I had it loaded on my Treo650 running PalmOS a few years ago...

I have a full 8GB card so there is a lot to scan..
Mine never crashes or dies here.
It did take a while to search my folders the first time running it. LOL

Don't think the WMP icon is normal.
Mine plays all files internally.
Let me see if I have any WMP format videos on my device.
If not I will load some to it and see what happens.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:51 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Some stuff to consider...

If you use Adv Config, you can kill the data, but your dialer issues will return. It sets that "#777" reg entry to "GPRS something".

Several of us have done some testing with the battery and came to the conclusion that killing the data after its done working does not have a major impact on battery. As a matter of fact, if you open tBattery in START-UTILITIES watch what the draw is at rest vs. an active data connection. Then compare the draw of opening/closing a data connection and simply leaving a data connection idle. You shuld notice a spike when you open the data connection that eventually settles a bit.

There is only a draw when data is "active", as in pulling data. When it sits idle, there is no additional draw from the battery - its as if the data was "killed". So the theory is that you're actually using more battery opening and closing the data connection than just leaving it on.

Couple that with the added benefit of not having dialer answer issues, and the #777 edit seems the best choice.

Test it for yourself. Unless the device is drawing down data, having it shut off after a minute isn't going to save you the kind of battery you're talking about.

...and when you say dropped 4% in a couple of minutes, what were the values? 100%-96%? Or mid range? We've also discussed the battery level dropping significantly fast from 100-about 90-95%.

Rock it.

QUICK EXAMPLE - at rest Im floating between 84 and 157 [data is off]. Initiating data throws me up into the 350-400 range. When the data connection is "on" but not active, the current drops back to 84-157. Terminitaing data at this point does nothing to the current reading. Sliding over to check weather with MyLocation, throws a spike up to 500, then it settles, then back to normal. These are casual observations, just for quick reference.

Man trust me... before I did the suspendresume thing I couldnt even get my phone to last until noon without having to recharge. Afterwards, I can unplug at 7 am and still have 40-50% around 8 PM. It definitely made all the difference for me.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pmoreau is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Mine never crashes or dies here.
It did take a while to search my folders the first time running it. LOL

Don't think the WMP icon is normal.
Mine plays all files internally.
Let me see if I have any WMP format videos on my device.
If not I will load some to it and see what happens.
The scan seems to die at the same point every time so I'm trying to locate the folder so I can delete it....

I did have some other old videos that were recorded with My Treo650 a couple years back that I located using My Media and it does have the Video Icon for these. It plays the video fine but displays an error that there is no audio codec for this video and so has no sound.

The other videos that try to use WMP are large avi files that I transcoded from other formats on my Linux system using mencoder and the mpeg4 vcodec and -ffourcc XVID tag. The resulting vids are named with a .avi extension.

Are you familiar with mencoder or ffmpeg?
Old 10-07-2009, 07:09 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Hey pmoreau

Try uninstalling and re-installing it maybe.
When I click on media files from inside file explorer it starts Kinoma as well.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel---->VZW

jkcsho is just getting started
Question Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian.a View Post
Hey, I found an app called WAZE. it is free and has turn by turn directions if you are looking for a decent gps app for your winmo device.

here is the link: http://www.waze.com/
anybody having problems with this program? i cant get it to accuire a gps signal. it says "poor gps signal". any ideas?
If I helped you hit the Thanks button!
Old 10-07-2009, 08:27 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Cool, glad you got it worked out. Just FYI-you shouldn't have to install anything to get the ringer to work. Curious....
I had just loaded the ROM without loading all my apps to try to decide which ROM I like the best then install my apps. On a whim I decided to install phonex and it worked.
I have been reading a lot today and I think I had read someone elses post about a similar problem that was related to the dialer but I think it was a different ROM.

ATM, everything is nice but battery life is quite a bit less than my stock ROM but I'm looking at some other posts about that.

Thanks,

David

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro