PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Strangey, strangey - I have two Gmails, Outlook, and 2 Hotmails...I can't get my device to do that. In each, when I hit reply all [either the softkey or form the Menu button] it sets the email up properly...it doesn't automatically put me into the "To" line.

Iswept the device looking for a setting that might be causing it, but didn't see anything. I'd hate to recommend a reflash to see if that clears it up, but it is working fine here. It's odd that there aren't any other features acting up.

If you have Sashimi set up, a reflash shouldnt take long and I'd go that route. Maybe someone else can offer more insight.
Probably.. If you have all your folders set up to sync, you are syncing your sent folder and it results in a new message to yourself when you send your mail or reply.
Also, if you have multiple mail accounts associated or forwarded to the single gmail account and the message you reply to is tied to one of those other accounts, it can get forwarded back to you.

I have 5 email accounts all forwarded to one gmail account so inevitibly, a few of my senders may have sent to more than one of my accounts. If I reply to one of the messages, it ends up going back to my gmail.

Try unchecking your sent folder in your settings.

David
Old 10-08-2009, 02:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

pmoreau is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
Wow, i'm surprised you guys have so much trouble running the gps on the phone. I've had mogul and not TP, and I've used garmin without a problem and it even picks up signal when i'm indoor.
but anyway, agps should be running by default so unless you did something to change it, all the application that require gps signal should work from the get go.
The issue is, for Sprint at least, when the GPSmode is in the default mode of 2, the GPS will stop working when you are outside of Cell coverage. In mode 1, the A in AGPS is completely turned off and the GPS will work stand alone with or without Cell data connection. In mode 4 which is called Hybrid Mode, the GPS will work as AGPS when in cell coverage, and stand alone when out in the boonies, without a Cell signal. AGPS when working has benefits.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Not that my friend needs it but I thought I'd back up Threefaces here. To anyone having quirky issues (powerdowns, random resets) whenever you do the Stock Flashdance, but especially with a new ROM pending, follow Threfaces advice (in his guide) and spend some time in the stock ROM checking basic functions and ruling out your issue. If everything checks out, then flash to custom. This'll make it easier to narrow down the source of any issues later.
Just food for thought...man, I'm hungry!

Edit:Took out info about Reply All-thanks Dave!

Last edited by iknowsquat; 10-08-2009 at 02:30 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 10-08-2009, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

tygger is a n00b
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
There is a faster way to fix the hard key light problem without resetting.
Next time it does it slide the keyboard open for about 2 seconds.
Close the kb and hit the power and see if the lights go out.
Is there a permanent fix to the hard key light issue? I can make it turn off by going back into the home screen, but it gets annoying.

Thanks
Old 10-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsiopener View Post
Hi,
I'm having an issue with the volume. I searched through the thread and it seems that people are either saying it was fixed in the 9/6 and 9/20 ROMs or there aren't any further replies on the issue.
When adjusting the system volume (and i think call volume) there is only 3 levels super high, medium, and off. Does anyone else experience this or know of a fix.
I have the 9/20 ROM with stock radio and haven't installed any other programs to control the volume.
thanks,
Bob
It's not that there are three settings but that the side volume buttons can jump quickly up and down the range. Try this: go to Start/Settings/Personal/Buttons/Up/Down Control. Here you can adjust the rate of repeat on the controls. This seemed to help for me. While not convenient you can more fine tuned control by using your finger with the on-screen control. Hope that helps.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:48 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygger View Post
Is there a permanent fix to the hard key light issue? I can make it turn off by going back into the home screen, but it gets annoying.

Thanks
Nah, it's a bug...not sure what causes it. The quoted fix takes care of it in a seconds time. I usually just flip the keyboard out and back quick...then it takes care of itself.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

gutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuff

Manila 2.5 is finally done, The team updated the post today
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=562531

Manila 2.5 is currently being tested
Hopefully NRGZ will put a update soon with manila 2.5

Last edited by gutrrob; 10-08-2009 at 02:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

mulletmandan is a n00b

I searched this thread but couldn't find the answer to this question:

Is there a package that returns the slider icons to the stock white ones? I think I prefer the plain white tab icons to the custom color ones.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

tygger is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Nah, it's a bug...not sure what causes it. The quoted fix takes care of it in a seconds time. I usually just flip the keyboard out and back quick...then it takes care of itself.
Cool. Sometimes I dont notice right away and it just drains the battery... wouldn't mind if the batt life wasn't so crappy.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

jhale83 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Probably.. If you have all your folders set up to sync, you are syncing your sent folder and it results in a new message to yourself when you send your mail or reply.
Also, if you have multiple mail accounts associated or forwarded to the single gmail account and the message you reply to is tied to one of those other accounts, it can get forwarded back to you.

I have 5 email accounts all forwarded to one gmail account so inevitibly, a few of my senders may have sent to more than one of my accounts. If I reply to one of the messages, it ends up going back to my gmail.

Try unchecking your sent folder in your settings.

David
My sent folder is NOT syncing and I'm still having the problem.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro