PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 11:15 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Has anyone tried this?
Once your device says full change keep soft reseting it and it goes back to say 96%.
Leave it one the charge till if says full.
Keep soft reseting and it and it goes up by 1%.
Wondering if this may help the fast drop to 95%.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:26 AM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulse View Post
my friend's phone already had the stock rom on it for almost a year before i flashed it. So i still need to flash a stock rom before custom?
Yea, don't overthink it - what we're essentially doing with this procedure is re-writing all of the device files in the proper places, and then installing the custom ROM on a clean canvas so to speak.

Not every devcie will need this nor will every flasher experience this, but it does happen for some reason. My first flash ever had me experiencing periodic lock ups...soft reset would force a hard reset. I ran this method and haven't had an issue since.

Give it a shot and let me know if it works.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

jhale83 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Anyone know how to change it so that when I hit "Reply All" on an email it doesn't reply to me too? I don't remember it doing this in earlier versions of EnergyROM but it's really annoying. Why would I want to send an email to myself?
Old 10-08-2009, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6850

ACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Anyone with the random Hard Reset issue or any other weird issue like radio going out or otherwise...Have you tried to re-download the ROM and re-flash? Also please dont use the standard pagepool changer programs out there to change the pagepool on this rom. They dont work. You have to use a hex editor and manually edit the .nbh file. Just some food for thought.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:36 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhale83 View Post
Anyone know how to change it so that when I hit "Reply All" on an email it doesn't reply to me too? I don't remember it doing this in earlier versions of EnergyROM but it's really annoying. Why would I want to send an email to myself?
I can't replicate the issue. When my guys send me an email, I reply all and only they are in the "to" lines. You're saying that on reply all you're in the "To" and "From" lines?

...and this is for all of your email inboxes? or Hotmail? Gmail? Outlook?
Old 10-08-2009, 12:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pmoreau is becoming a great contributor

OK. On the GPS/AGPS issue. I searched my files and found information regarding the GPSmodes. This text was for the HTC Mogul and was in connection to running 3rd party stand alone GPS software on the Mogul.

I searched the registry on my TP and found the same settings and sure enough, the GPSmode was set to 2 - Needs Cell tower connection in order to work.

I set my GPS mode to 4 (hybrid) and it's working fine.

-----

HKLM > SOFTWARE > HTC > SUPL AGPS > set GPSMode to 1, allow time for the setting to stick (i usually do this by powering off the screen for a couple seconds) then soft reset

see if it still happens,

if it still happens, then try doing the above but setting it to 4 and soft reset again.

mode 1, sets the GPS to standalone only operation, mode 4 sets the gps to hybrid which pretty much means all methods of GPS/GPSOne/AGPS work, for some odd reason sprint (or htc) set the mode to 2, which pretty much turns the moguls gps into agps no better then a normal dumb phone because it wont work without server assistance

if mode 1 or 4 fix the problem, then we know its being caused by the location setting polling sprints servers to get a fix.

all i know is on my way home tonight i couldnt get a gps fix in tom tom unless i had a cellular connection, so im toying around with it right now, but im pretty sure im leaving my setting on 4 that way i can use the gps even in flight mode like on the Q9c, but still get the perks of aGps when needed.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

jhale83 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
I can't replicate the issue. When my guys send me an email, I reply all and only they are in the "to" lines. You're saying that on reply all you're in the "To" and "From" lines?

...and this is for all of your email inboxes? or Hotmail? Gmail? Outlook?
I have my Gmail set up through Exchange and it's the only email account I have set up on my phone. I had to set up on IMAP and it was doing the same thing.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by num5kull27 View Post
twitter update says new vga roms are next!!! i cant wait lol!
It is going to be a feeding-frenzy when it is finally released...

(Sprint has officially discontinued the TP but in my mind it's not discontinued until NGRZ stops making ROMs for it.)
Old 10-08-2009, 01:14 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhale83 View Post
I have my Gmail set up through Exchange and it's the only email account I have set up on my phone. I had to set up on IMAP and it was doing the same thing.
Strangey, strangey - I have two Gmails, Outlook, and 2 Hotmails...I can't get my device to do that. In each, when I hit reply all [either the softkey or form the Menu button] it sets the email up properly...it doesn't automatically put me into the "To" line.

Iswept the device looking for a setting that might be causing it, but didn't see anything. I'd hate to recommend a reflash to see if that clears it up, but it is working fine here. It's odd that there aren't any other features acting up.

If you have Sashimi set up, a reflash shouldnt take long and I'd go that route. Maybe someone else can offer more insight.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

J.T. is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmoreau View Post
OK. On the GPS/AGPS issue. I searched my files and found information regarding the GPSmodes. This text was for the HTC Mogul and was in connection to running 3rd party stand alone GPS software on the Mogul.

I searched the registry on my TP and found the same settings and sure enough, the GPSmode was set to 2 - Needs Cell tower connection in order to work.

I set my GPS mode to 4 (hybrid) and it's working fine.

-----

HKLM > SOFTWARE > HTC > SUPL AGPS > set GPSMode to 1, allow time for the setting to stick (i usually do this by powering off the screen for a couple seconds) then soft reset

see if it still happens,

if it still happens, then try doing the above but setting it to 4 and soft reset again.

mode 1, sets the GPS to standalone only operation, mode 4 sets the gps to hybrid which pretty much means all methods of GPS/GPSOne/AGPS work, for some odd reason sprint (or htc) set the mode to 2, which pretty much turns the moguls gps into agps no better then a normal dumb phone because it wont work without server assistance

if mode 1 or 4 fix the problem, then we know its being caused by the location setting polling sprints servers to get a fix.

all i know is on my way home tonight i couldnt get a gps fix in tom tom unless i had a cellular connection, so im toying around with it right now, but im pretty sure im leaving my setting on 4 that way i can use the gps even in flight mode like on the Q9c, but still get the perks of aGps when needed.
Does this really work? Occasionally I go out shooting and end up somewhere where there's no signal. Then my phones gps will just keep telling me to go on the street I'm on, or give me some none-sense directions. Gotten me lost 3-4 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro