PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2009, 04:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G 3D
Carrier: sprint

sec1rxg is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongerdude7 View Post
Well im asking another question because i cant find crap using the search button maybe just not as cool as rogerp. But where can i find the stock rom for the sprint htc touch pro, so i can try the hard reset method which im assuming means taking your battery out.
your dont have to take out the batt just charge it to about 50%, you should be back on the road again after that.

Use this link for Sprint Stock (SHIPPED) version: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42741
Old 08-12-2009, 04:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch diamond, touch pro, TOUCH PRO 2

rogerp is keeping up the good workrogerp is keeping up the good work
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Well im asking another question because i cant find crap using the search button maybe just not as cool as rogerp. But where can i find the stock rom for the sprint htc touch pro, so i can try the hard reset method which im assuming means taking your battery out.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78556
Old 08-12-2009, 04:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint PCS

J.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to J.eremy Send a message via AIM to J.eremy Send a message via Yahoo to J.eremy

Quote:
for the love of god i dont know why everyone says to go thread jumping all around creation and cant post a simple link
http://rapidshare.com/files/17615341...3_Ship.exe.zip

thats the most current SHIPPED rom that sec1rxg@yahoo.com was telling you to go for. There are allot of roms on that page and some of them are dumps and not official signed roms. that one should do it for you
Old 08-12-2009, 04:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

i am sorry for coming across as a jerk! But i read this forum every day tested many roms and i read test read for the things i want on my phone and also for trying to fix the bugs so i dont have to reflash.
and as time goes on a lot of new people that hear about this site always ask question that if they would have searched that question they would have found the answer it is like they just want to download something and make the phone cool. now i spent like 500 on this phone when it came out and i wanted it cooler so i read only because i did not want to have a paperweight when i put something on there that messed it all up just wish people could search its so simple
Old 08-12-2009, 04:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G 3D

sec1rxg is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.eremy View Post
why on earth would you tell him to lower his pagepool on a sprint device. EnergyROM has the pagepool set at 22mb or 24mb i cant remember which. The ONLY people that have had to bump it down to anything are the verizon people, because before they do the devices run at around 80-90% idle. Lowering the pagepool on a device with more than enough memory (mine sits at 41-44% idle) will do nothing more than bump down the performance. Im not sure where you got your information from but im 99% sure its 100% incorrect.

This trick may work well on other roms, because they may leave it at 8mb for compatibility sake but not this rom

Running that much MB is like running a V12 on grandmas Olsmobile, its nice but most people just dont need it. you have to be running about 20 programs all at the same time to utilize so much Mem, for everyday use ( texting, pics, music, GPS and Internet) 16MB is more than enough.

Reading material on PagePool: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=18995
Old 08-12-2009, 04:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.eremy View Post
for the love of god i dont know why everyone says to go thread jumping all around creation and cant post a simple link
sorry just was hoping to get them to learn something is all my bad once again
Old 08-12-2009, 04:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

J.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to J.eremy Send a message via AIM to J.eremy Send a message via Yahoo to J.eremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerp View Post
i am sorry for coming across as a jerk! But i read this forum every day tested many roms and i read test read for the things i want on my phone and also for trying to fix the bugs so i dont have to reflash.
and as time goes on a lot of new people that hear about this site always ask question that if they would have searched that question they would have found the answer it is like they just want to download something and make the phone cool. now i spent like 500 on this phone when it came out and i wanted it cooler so i read only because i did not want to have a paperweight when i put something on there that messed it all up just wish people could search its so simple

nah i wasnt directing that at anyone, i believe people should learn also, but for something simple like a stock rom all sending some people to a giant thread with every carrier and on top of that unsigned dumped roms is going to give them more questions. lol

so that was not meant to offend anyone trying to help by answeing questions.

As for the pagepool.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=365083

more pagepool = better performance.

less pagepool = worse performance.

EnergyROM uses 22 or 24 meg pagepool.

22 > 16 = ???

unless im completely off with the 22 or 24 meg pagepool but i severely doubt it.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:55 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I keep trying to hard reset.. But no go.

I can't get an ActiveSync connection via USB. I can't hard reset while the device is powered off because I can only power it off via pulling out the battery.

Any ideas?
Old 08-12-2009, 05:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sec1rxg@yahoo.com View Post
Running that much MB is like running a V12 on grandmas Olsmobile, its nice but most people just dont need it. you have to be running about 20 programs all at the same time to utilize so much Mem, for everyday use ( texting, pics, music, GPS and Internet) 16MB is more than enough.

Reading material on PagePool: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=18995

yes but on anything other than a verizon TP, lowering the pagepool is pointless. and that pagepool fills up faster than you might think.

My real question for you was how exactly is him lowering his pagepool going to give him a gain in performance? because with my pagepool stock using 41% memory theres plenty of room to do whatever i want.

I just dont get why you would tell him to lower it for absolutely no reason at all, just because he "might" not use it. but if he were to the phone would come down to a crawl and he would be wondering why. Then someone would tell him to up his pagepool and he would really be confused......

Moral of the story is you dont need to lower the pagepool, leave it alone (unless you have a verizon touch pro)
Old 08-12-2009, 05:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Spongerdude7 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerp View Post
No offense i found that you were right searching is the way, just with google and not the sites search engine.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro