PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2009, 02:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint PCS

J.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to J.eremy Send a message via AIM to J.eremy Send a message via Yahoo to J.eremy
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by himan View Post
Hey guys,

I flashed latest rom from 2 versions ago hoping to fix the clock issue. Well, I set my local settings (city and GMT- and it shows up completely wrong.. isn't the phone supposed to auto-update the time?

Also, what happened to the programs tab? How can I get the old, smaller + numerous one back?
thx
The latest rom from 2 versions ago? I dont get it?

The clock was fixed with the first version of manilla 2.1

If you download and flash the latest version of this version your clock will definitely be fixed
Old 08-12-2009, 02:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

himan is just getting started
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Well the clock problem was fixed with a simple reset (thought it'd just automatically change the clock.. didn't think it was a big enough deal to require a windows reboot...)

but i'd still love to know how to get 4-5 row program tab back? thx
Old 08-12-2009, 02:56 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

As stated here and in my testing the best way to keep from scratching our heads with what look like bugs that no one else seems to have or only a few of us have is to ALWAYS flash to stock rom, HARD reset and then Flash to custom rom and HARD reset.

Do this every time you try a new custom rom.
I have set hours trying to figure out WTF is up when a simple reflash and hard reset fixed it.

Make sure to hard reset after stock rom and after custom rom.
It appears that some files get left behind during the flash process and it can cause hours of headaches.
Most common errors I have come across by not doing this are clock, keyboard and dialer problems.

Save yourself the headaches friends.
Take the time to do it right the first time.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

J.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to J.eremy Send a message via AIM to J.eremy Send a message via Yahoo to J.eremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
As stated here and in my testing the best way to keep from scratching our heads with what look like bugs that no one else seems to have or only a few of us have is to ALWAYS flash to stock rom, HARD reset and then Flash to custom rom and HARD reset.

Do this every time you try a new custom rom.
I have set hours trying to figure out WTF is up when a simple reflash and hard reset fixed it.

Make sure to hard reset after stock rom and after custom rom.
It appears that some files get left behind during the flash process and it can cause hours of headaches.
Most common errors I have come across by not doing this are clock, keyboard and dialer problems.

Save yourself the headaches friends.
Take the time to do it right the first time.
well said sir well said, i couldnt have said it better

Time Machine

Last edited by J.eremy; 08-12-2009 at 03:02 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Spongerdude7 is a n00b

Hehehe i know im prolly gonna get shunned for this but how do i install it? I have my phone unlocked, but dont i need a program to run the rom onto my phone??
Old 08-12-2009, 03:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongerdude7 View Post
Hehehe i know im prolly gonna get shunned for this but how do i install it? I have my phone unlocked, but dont i need a program to run the rom onto my phone??
Thats an ez one! just download the rar file from the first post. extract it and there will be an executable and another file. just make sure your phone is plugged in and run the executable, it will ask some questions and the flashing will begin. as long as you have your phone unlocked that is, if not you will get connection errors!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:14 AM
Lurker

Spongerdude7 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.eremy View Post
Thats an ez one! just download the rar file from the first post. extract it and there will be an executable and another file. just make sure your phone is plugged in and run the executable, it will ask some questions and the flashing will begin. as long as you have your phone unlocked that is, if not you will get connection errors!

Awsome thanx man!!
Old 08-12-2009, 03:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tp Custom/BB Tour5.0.230
Carrier: Sprint ;>(

sprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to sprintnerd

Quote:
pjtwist2002

PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Diggs: 0

How To unlock and flash with Video Walk Through!
This video will walk you through the steps on how to unlock your device, flash a new Rom, and add a theme. This is a great tutorial for new users or users that are a little confused on how to flash and need to see hands on how to do it! if you are a little worried and have any further questions feel free to just post a question i answer all questions everyday or i try to at least!

The first walk through on how to unlock phone using hard spl cmonex.
  1. hard spl cmonex
  2. 1st walk through
The second walk through on how to flash a new Rom onto your device.
  1. Mighty ROM
  2. Juicy ROM
  3. Silence Rom
  4. Merdins Rom
  5. Demolition Rom
  6. Calcu's ROMs
  7. Groove ROM 3
  8. Glossman's Blue ROM, Red ROM
  9. Juggalo ROM
  10. DHarvey ROM
  11. 2nd walk through
The third walk through on how to add a theme to your diamond/tp.
  1. Themes
  2. 3rd walk through
Additional resources:
  1. Radios
  2. Freeware
  3. xda developers
It is not required but appreciated if you donate for my work and answering question's. Im trying to buy a house! Thank you so much! be added to the list of people who helped!

I would like to give a special to this people for their donations for my work!

Donation list:

1. centman

You will need to back up atleast your pim (contacts) or all data i personally recommend this program to back up data from your phone.
Attached Files Data_Backup.cab (172.4 KB, 781 views)READ..........
Old 08-12-2009, 03:48 AM
Lurker

Spongerdude7 is a n00b
Unhappy Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Not dissing the rom looks very nice. But is running horribly slow, slower then stock rom. I think i did everything right hoping i didnt. Ideas anyone? Im using 47% mem just sitting at today screen with nothing running?
Old 08-12-2009, 04:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G 3D
Carrier: sprint

sec1rxg is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Not dissing the rom looks very nice. But is running horribly slow, slower then stock rom. I think i did everything right hoping i didnt. Ideas anyone? Im using 47% mem just sitting at today screen with nothing running?
use your PagePool changer and re-flash at 16M and you'll see the overall diff. dont forget to Hard reset after you flash and then soft reset after it reboots from HReset

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro