PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

RyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycage View Post
Guys and Galz,

I think I have a fix for the RingTone problem! It worked for me anyways...

Using 23504 M2.5

I have discovered that manila 2.5 only supports WMA audio files for ringtones. MP3's remain silent or manila defaults back to a working wma. You can also tell right away because the ringtone will playback ONLY when you select/highlight a wma file using the manila ringtone selection screen under settings.

I have successfully proven this by using an audio converter to convert an mp3 that refused to play into an wma...reloaded it into my phone and voila!

I recommend this freeware audio converter which converts all mp3s to wma in same folder in one-shot.

http://www.easyfreeware.com/files/fr...erter.zip/1975

I know the MP3 support is present in Windows Mobile 6.5, but it is not supported by Manila2.5 at this time or so it seems. A bit of an inconvenience to convert all your mp3s but hey, its better than reflashing to and old release IMO.
Thanks for your find, but I found that previewing the ringtone has always worked even for mp3s, at least for me. I will try your fix and see if it helps, however.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:18 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
A cab version is not linked up yet - I don't have a cab version that works, but my Thread has a walk through of everything you'd need to do to get the ROM going. Just make sure you're reading the right thread/guide for the right release.

If you don't want to try the reg edit that's posted to fix your problem, PM me and I'll try to walk you through it. It's not that difficult and you won't jack your device.
I have a cabbed version in my thread three.
It works perfect.
Link it or take it if you want.
Vibration off for all keypresses after running the cab.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:19 PM
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernonlbrown View Post
Hey Three, I thought Root said he had one on his page?
I did and do.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:23 PM
The Rootinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMayo View Post
Thanks for your find, but I found that previewing the ringtone has always worked even for mp3s, at least for me. I will try your fix and see if it helps, however.
My ringer just failed here for the first time.

However it can not be that manila 2.5 doesn't support mp3 ringers at all because mine was working with custom mp3 ringers last night.
Maybe it doesn't FULLY support them or has issues but it will use them.

This may work though as I have not tested it.
Thanks
Old 11-11-2009, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

likeminas is just getting started

This was easier

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/misc.php?d...hments&t=69545
Old 11-11-2009, 03:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker

RyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
RINGER QUESTION FOR THE GROUP

...where do you guys place your ringer files?

I just flashed 11/10 23504 2.5. There are no ringers in the My Ringtones folder and nothing in my Music folder in My Documents. There are, however, ringers in Windows/Rings and in the Windows directory, just floating.

When I restore my ringtones, typically, I dump them in My Ringtones and link them that way.

I'm wondering if this is what's causing the conflict within SENSE....like somehow the link to the custom ringtone [in some location other than the Windows directory] eventually fails. ...a bit of a guess, but I've been able to get all of the fixes mentioned already to fail.

I'm going to continue playing, but wanted to throw this out to the community to see if it has any positive effect.
The ringtones that I use MP3 Trimmer on the device to make, I let store in My Ringtones. Custom notification sounds (VM, text, email, etc) I have been converting mp3 to wma on my laptop then dumping the wmas into the Windows directory... not windows\ring, just windows\... So far, the only thing to fail are the mp3 ringtones for voice calls (the ones in the my ringtones folder.) All other sounds work 100% of the time. Even the unchanged ringtone for missed call alert works. So if i do get a NO RING phone call, the missed call alert sounds so I know I missed a call...
Old 11-11-2009, 03:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post

However it can not be that manila 2.5 doesn't support mp3 ringers at all because mine was working with custom mp3 ringers last night.

Thanks
It is just really finicky. I have tried the WMA format that the other guy suggested, but still it doens't stick and I still can't find a pattern. It's like a random thing...... It's funny that sometimes all the ringtones would be there for me to select but sometimes they are not there. I have no idea why that is. I am running custom ringtones that are all MP3 in the root of my SD. It has worked since..........god knows when. Just my 0.02.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

trip is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by blokgang View Post
11/10 21864 even using the keyboard i have auto correction on,, and i check my settings and its off..am i missing something?
yeah that's pretty annoying...going to give juicy keyboard a try

also i hate how the sun animation on the home page has blinded me like 8-9 times in 10 minutes when using my phone. hopefully i'monly noticing after setup from a new flash
Old 11-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:

Thanks
I agree, they cannot be "not supported" or they wouldn't work at all or let you assign them... I do not believe that you can have a mp3 be anything other than a voice call ringtone. If you go to Notifications and try to assign a ringer for...lets say a new text message...your custom mp3 ringtones are not in the list to choose from... I have been converting mp3 to wma and dropping them in the Windows\ directory and then they are in the list to choose from in Notifications.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:40 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernonlbrown View Post
Hey Three, I thought Root said he had one on his page?
Yea, he did...I hoped it was an easy grab off the first page of his thread...I DON'T WANNA SEARCH FOR IT!! I'll get it in there.

Quote:

Thanks
Yea, I think every suggestion over the past couple of days has failed...I JUST had my ringer fail on me, and I've done nothing since the flash. I can't really establish a solid pattern of what would cause the conflict. Something must be running to fail the ringer that a soft reset seems to restore.

Unless MMS has some influence on it?!...I did just set up MMS.

A headscratcher for sure.

New Guide for Nov 10th 23504 Manila 2.5 going up in 10 [since there are two builds, this will be in PDF only]. I prefer the 21864 build, since you can use custom taskbar icons and there's no need to fool with Quickmenu...I find it to be more limiting than finger friendly.

Manila 2.1 Guides updates for both builds coming next.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro