PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 01:00 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManUtd07 View Post
Nicely done making the .cabs. One thing though, this file wouldn't have any affect on the home screen calendar would it?? I loaded the file in windows and also the Max mod and I only have one item showing up on my calendar in the home screen but I have two appointments today. It is also not showing anything for tomorrow which I have something as well.

Yea, I really enjoy the look and operation of 2.5 so I am gonna stick with it and hope the freezing subsides a bit. Might do the "Dance" today and see if that works out some of the kinks.
Should not change the Calendar.
Are you using Max mod?
If so did you slide the calendar off the screen?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:00 PM
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
Is there a way to make quickmenu bigger cause if this is bigger I would have hated to see it before.
Not sure but I will check.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ManUtd07 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Should not change the Calendar.
Are you using Max mod?
If so did you slide the calendar off the screen?
I didn't think it would change the calendar since it is a clock mod but worth a shot.

Yea, I am using the Max mod and I have not slid the calendar off the home screen. It shows one appointment which is an all day appointment that occurs everyday for the next week. I should still show my other appointment (KU Basketball game!!!!!) for today and perhaps my appointment tomorrow as well, correct?
Old 11-13-2009, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: Provider

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Here...AHUSKINS sent these via PM, but since they didn't add all of the options, I never posted them in the Guide. There's a lot of GSM junk in the registry if you start poking around, so I was hoping some other experimental types would be into playing around to see what they can do.

The reg edit to get CDMA services in START-SETTINGS-PERSONAL-PHONE-CDMA Services is:

HKLM-Software-oem-PhoneSetting
Change "ShowCDMAServicePage" from 0 to 1
Change ShowGSMServicePage from 1 to 0

...now you'll have *some* CDMA settings...but not the option to check how your device Roams.

By default, when you go into advanced phone settings, you'll see the GSM services list. ...which, I assume, is what the other dude who responded found.

What we're ultimately trying to do is get to the force roam option. If there's another way to do this, and I'm poking around in the wrong place, lemme know. I don't really use Forced Roaming...I'm trying to help some dudes that have hit me up about it.
I understand the confusion now. Hopefully this saves you some time, though who knows what gems you might uncover in your experiments

The reason you see all the GSM stuff is the wrong version of PhoneSetting.dll is cooked into the most recent ROMs.

Unzip and copy the following PhoneSetting files to your phone's \Windows directory (then reboot) and you will see all the proper options, including the Roaming options

It was tested on Sprint, but probably would work the same for other CDMA carriers.

If it complains about not being able to overwrite files, reboot the phone, then the first thing before doing anything else, copy the files.

After rebooting, look at the file size of \Windows\PhoneSetting.dll

If it is 150kb then it took. If it is 397kb, then it didn't take and you should try again, copying the file immediately after a reboot.

There is also an optional, but suggested, registry file you can import to make the Roaming options easier to decipher (for Sprint). The strings can be edited to whatever you'd like to call them for other carriers.

For those not familiar, you can import using Menu->Tools->Tweaks->Registry Editor followed by BottomLeftMenu->Import.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PhoneSetting-2.01.651.6.zip (62.3 KB, 212 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by sfhub; 11-23-2009 at 09:51 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:12 PM
The Rootinator

Quote:
I didn't think it would change the calendar since it is a clock mod but worth a shot.

Yea, I am using the Max mod and I have not slid the calendar off the home screen. It shows one appointment which is an all day appointment that occurs everyday for the next week. I should still show my other appointment (KU Basketball game!!!!!) for today and perhaps my appointment tomorrow as well, correct?
Just tested by added an event to today and the calendar is still working fine.
Shows the event on mine in Green and Blue.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to drdrewdown Send a message via AIM to drdrewdown Send a message via MSN to drdrewdown Send a message via Yahoo to drdrewdown Send a message via Skype™ to drdrewdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd07 View Post
i didn't think it would change the calendar since it is a clock mod but worth a shot.

Yea, i am using the max mod and i have not slid the calendar off the home screen. It shows one appointment which is an all day appointment that occurs everyday for the next week. I should still show my other appointment (ku basketball game!!!!!) for today and perhaps my appointment tomorrow as well, correct?
rock chalk baby!
Old 11-13-2009, 01:18 PM
The Rootinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
I understand the confusion now. Hopefully this saves you some time, though who knows what gems you might uncover in your experiments

The reason you see all the GSM stuff is the wrong version of PhoneSetting.dll is cooked into the most recent ROMs.

Unzip and copy the following PhoneSetting files to your phone's \Windows directory (then reboot) and you will see all the proper options, including the Roaming options

It was tested on Sprint, but probably would work the same for other CDMA carriers.

If it complains about not being able to overwrite files, reboot the phone, then the first thing before doing anything else, copy the files.

There is also an optional, but suggested, registry file you can import to make the Roaming options easier to decipher (for Sprint). The strings can be edited to whatever for other carriers or whatever you'd like to call the options.
Here is a cab for it including all reg keys and library files.
Easy install and un-install
Attached Files
File Type: cab CDMA PhoneSettings.cab (32.1 KB, 124 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:20 PM
The Rootinator

Quote:

Will test it some more and see if I can recreate that here.
If so I may take a look and the manila file and see if I can find the issue.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

christian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Try installing it on your phone
Thanks bud! works like a charm.

Old 11-13-2009, 01:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell Mobility

veritech is a n00b

Hi
Just flashed EnergyROM_21864_HERMAN_10.Nov.2009_StandardM2.5 (more compatible with the SPB Mobile Shell)

The keyboard that I was using on prior roms isn't here. I believe that it was called QWERTY Keyboard.
Where can I find a cab for it?

Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro