PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 02:10 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm627 View Post
Tried to send Messages SMS and I selected (To) but never go to look it for my contacts for sending SMS.
Fix?
Not a fix, but workaround...type in the contacts name. It will either display options to select as you type, or after you've typed in the name it will match it to your contact list and the message will send.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pea****93 View Post
I haven't experienced any NO RING calls on the WM23504/M2.5 Nov 10th build. I did get them on the build prior to Nov 9th though. I had actually went back to WM23081/M2.1 until NRG released the updated ROMs yesterday.

pea****93
...that's what I'm talking about. I think the issue is isolated to 2.5 and may have something to do wit the folders used to store ringtones...still testing. Thank you for the input!
Old 11-11-2009, 02:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Iusacell

DavidAbarca is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
This is true - the pic from the last sync will get backed up...but as far as actually restoring the live link between the contacts and facebook, you need to log in for that, right?

...that's what I was saying. If I sync my contacts with FB, their pics are pulled down to my device. Backing up my contacts with any method woudl save that pic and associate it with the contact after a restore. But if my friend changed their pic...I need to establish the connection again by logging into Facebook after aflash in order for the update to happen. Once I've done that initial log in and lnk up after a flash, however, I'm good to go [assuming I sleect "automatic updates" and remain logged into Facebook].

I think we're both "right"...just wanted to be clear.

For RINGERS...yea, help me test out the location of the ringers as a potential cause of the conflict. This flash, I'm not restoring anything and only keeping my ringtones in Windows/Rings or in teh Windows directory floating. I need someone to confirm they can fail this configuration.

We'll get this, dudes.
hey three faces is there any way to get the save birthday mark in facebook link i dont see it any more thanx dude!
Old 11-11-2009, 02:17 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
This is true - the pic from the last sync will get backed up...but as far as actually restoring the live link between the contacts and facebook, you need to log in for that, right?

...that's what I was saying. If I sync my contacts with FB, their pics are pulled down to my device. Backing up my contacts with any method woudl save that pic and associate it with the contact after a restore. But if my friend changed their pic...I need to establish the connection again by logging into Facebook after aflash in order for the update to happen. Once I've done that initial log in and lnk up after a flash, however, I'm good to go [assuming I sleect "automatic updates" and remain logged into Facebook].

I think we're both "right"...just wanted to be clear.

For RINGERS...yea, help me test out the location of the ringers as a potential cause of the conflict. This flash, I'm not restoring anything and only keeping my ringtones in Windows/Rings or in teh Windows directory floating. I need someone to confirm they can fail this configuration.

We'll get this, dudes.
That is correct and I do think it also backs up birthdays and stuff like that in the save.
After restore you will need to log in to continue getting updates.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

likeminas is just getting started

Ok I just installed the Nov 10 Rom, I wanted to personally see if there were any problems receiving calls. So far, it seems there aren't.
Nonetheless, I now have a new problem.
I was trying to set up my gmail exchange, and while typing @gmail.com a little blank box pops up as it was suggesting a word. The things is that is doesn't suggest a word 'cause it is blank, and instead changes gmail.com to mail.com.
I went to setting= > input=> word completion and I made sure "suggest a word..." and "enable auto correct" were checked off. but still doesn't work.

Also how can we disable the vibration when a hardware key is pressed?

Any help is appreciated!
Old 11-11-2009, 02:24 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
Ok I just installed the Nov 10 Rom, I wanted to personally see if there were any problems receiving calls. So far, it seems there aren't.
Nonetheless, I now have a new problem.
I was trying to set up my gmail exchange, and while typing @gmail.com a little blank box pops up as it was suggesting a word. The things is that is doesn't suggest a word 'cause it is blank, and instead changes gmail.com to mail.com.
I went to setting= > input=> word completion and I made sure "suggest a word..." and "enable auto correct" were checked off. but still doesn't work.

Also how can we disable the vibration when a hardware key is pressed?

Any help is appreciated!
Turn off auto correct on the keypad and you can type gmail.com
If that doesn't work try backspacing and see if it will let you type it.
Should let you just click the word even if it thinks it is spelled wrong.

Vibration off cab is posted in my thread close to last page or last page.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

DiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
...well, you do need to restore your contacts first after a flash. Then, when you log into Facebook you'd just relink your contacts.

So...restore your data and contacts. Then go to the People Tab, click "All People" and go to the Events [social networking] Tab. You should be able to sign in and relink everyone.

If that login fails, try logging into Facebook through your contact card. Once you're logged in, you'd only need to go to that Events page and it automatically compares your facebook friends with your stored contacts...that's how they get linked.

If you've done this before, you'd do the same thing after a flash. As far as I know, there's no way off a fresh flash for the device to automatically sign you into Facebook and update itself. ...and even then, you'd need contacts on your phone first for Facebook to link up.
Now I see why its never worked for me. I sync my contacts with google, so when it sync back to my phone there are no links.

|Sprint 'Evo'|
|Follow me on Twitter @LarkNoVoorhies|
Old 11-11-2009, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

likeminas is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Turn off auto correct on the keypad and you can type gmail.com
Enable Auto Correct is checked off. I soft-reseted the device, tried typing something and I still get a tiny box with nothing in it.

btw,
Thanks for the cab.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Samsung Moment

thunderx2000 is just getting started

I would love to download this ROM but... THE F*CKING DOWNLOAD KEEPS TIMING OUT ON ME BECAUSE OF SOME BULLSH*T SITE THAT DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO WORK RIGHT!!!
Old 11-11-2009, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus

jcglendenning is a n00b

K I am back up with 21864 Nov 10 2.5. Put the Juicy Keyboard on just cause I can't work with the smaller keyboard in this build. Will see how it all goes...
Old 11-11-2009, 02:31 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidAbarca View Post
hey three faces is there any way to get the save birthday mark in facebook link i dont see it any more thanx dude!
No...I think the birthday sync was taken out. If you had birthdays associated with your contacts, they'll continue to backup/restore...but the actual live facebook link is no longer present. This is a good thing...if you sync with an Exchange Server, those Facebook birthday events are a NIGHTMARE. I'd end up with 50 duplicate copies of birthday events from Facebook. I STILL periodically have to run a duplicate event finder to knock them out of my system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamynzNPearlz View Post
Now I see why its never worked for me. I sync my contacts with google, so when it sync back to my phone there are no links.
...yea, just log into Facebook through your contact card or form the events tab and reestablish your sync/link.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro