PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

DiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
...well, you do need to restore your contacts first after a flash. Then, when you log into Facebook you'd just relink your contacts.

So...restore your data and contacts. Then go to the People Tab, click "All People" and go to the Events [social networking] Tab. You should be able to sign in and relink everyone.

If that login fails, try logging into Facebook through your contact card. Once you're logged in, you'd only need to go to that Events page and it automatically compares your facebook friends with your stored contacts...that's how they get linked.

If you've done this before, you'd do the same thing after a flash. As far as I know, there's no way off a fresh flash for the device to automatically sign you into Facebook and update itself. ...and even then, you'd need contacts on your phone first for Facebook to link up.
Ok, thanks for that. I'll try it the next time I re-flash

|Sprint 'Evo'|
|Follow me on Twitter @LarkNoVoorhies|
Old 11-11-2009, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

crazycage is just getting started
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Yea I just found out my fix wasn't really a fix at all but a workaround.

I just clicked on an MP3 ringtone using manila interface and it screwed everything up again. bahhhhhhh this is sooo frustrating...
Old 11-11-2009, 12:56 PM
ciavola

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I start the update utility, all goes normal, the phone goes to the three color screen, and then displays the percentage done counter, stays at zero. the utility fails with a 262 error. I have to pull the battery out of the phone to reboot. any ideas?
Old 11-11-2009, 01:02 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
I use spb backup to backup my contacts but this should be true for any contact backup app.
The facebook links and pic info should get backed up as well.
Works for me.
This is true - the pic from the last sync will get backed up...but as far as actually restoring the live link between the contacts and facebook, you need to log in for that, right?

...that's what I was saying. If I sync my contacts with FB, their pics are pulled down to my device. Backing up my contacts with any method woudl save that pic and associate it with the contact after a restore. But if my friend changed their pic...I need to establish the connection again by logging into Facebook after aflash in order for the update to happen. Once I've done that initial log in and lnk up after a flash, however, I'm good to go [assuming I sleect "automatic updates" and remain logged into Facebook].

I think we're both "right"...just wanted to be clear.

For RINGERS...yea, help me test out the location of the ringers as a potential cause of the conflict. This flash, I'm not restoring anything and only keeping my ringtones in Windows/Rings or in teh Windows directory floating. I need someone to confirm they can fail this configuration.

We'll get this, dudes.
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Did you unlock the device with rom unlocker?
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciavola View Post
I start the update utility, all goes normal, the phone goes to the three color screen, and then displays the percentage done counter, stays at zero. the utility fails with a 262 error. I have to pull the battery out of the phone to reboot. any ideas?
Do it again...Ive had to do this multiple times on a flash before, it is normal behavior. Just keep rocking until you get a good flash.

EDIT - and yea, root is on point, you're following the proper procedure, right?
Old 11-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

soinkster is keeping up the good worksoinkster is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciavola View Post

you must unlock your phone before flashing it check the stickys ... you are welcome
Old 11-11-2009, 01:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Touch Pro (Sprint)

RyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
Anyone having problems missing calls with the new rom?
yep...
Old 11-11-2009, 01:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

soinkster is keeping up the good worksoinkster is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernonlbrown View Post
Here try this. Should be the same 1 NRG uses. Let me know if that was it.

good looking out bro!
Old 11-11-2009, 01:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Tried to send Messages SMS and I selected (To) but never go to look it for my contacts for sending SMS.
Fix?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro