PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 12:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

DiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Has anyone figured out how to back up the facebook contacts that are linked?

|Sprint 'Evo'|
|Follow me on Twitter @LarkNoVoorhies|
Old 11-11-2009, 12:29 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamynzNPearlz View Post
Has anyone figured out how to back up the facebook contacts that are linked?
I don't think you back them up - you just relink when you sign back in after a flash and you're good to go.

The first sync takes a minute, but then you're good.

Not sure if that's really what you're looking for.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

DiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
I don't think you back them up - you just relink when you sign back in after a flash and you're good to go.

The first sync takes a minute, but then you're good.

Not sure if that's really what you're looking for.
Really, after a flash I don't have any contacts linked or the lil F by the pics to let me know its linked. So your saying after I flash just sign into facebook and it should automatically relink everyone?
Old 11-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

jimk16 is a n00b

anyone else not able to lock there phone in the 23504 nov 10th standard build? have Verizon touch pro and when i press start i see the lock phone soft key but it is grayed out
Old 11-11-2009, 12:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

zachofalltrades is a n00b
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
LOL
Well I don't use Slide2Shutdown.
I use ShutXP and it works great for me.
I also prefer to use psShutXP - mainly because it launches a LOT faster. Is there any way to disable/remove Slide2Shutdown?
Old 11-11-2009, 12:41 PM
ThreeFaces

RINGER QUESTION FOR THE GROUP

...where do you guys place your ringer files?

I just flashed 11/10 23504 2.5. There are no ringers in the My Ringtones folder and nothing in my Music folder in My Documents. There are, however, ringers in Windows/Rings and in the Windows directory, just floating.

When I restore my ringtones, typically, I dump them in My Ringtones and link them that way.

I'm wondering if this is what's causing the conflict within SENSE....like somehow the link to the custom ringtone [in some location other than the Windows directory] eventually fails. ...a bit of a guess, but I've been able to get all of the fixes mentioned already to fail.

I'm going to continue playing, but wanted to throw this out to the community to see if it has any positive effect.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:47 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamynzNPearlz View Post
Really, after a flash I don't have any contacts linked or the lil F by the pics to let me know its linked. So your saying after I flash just sign into facebook and it should automatically relink everyone?
...well, you do need to restore your contacts first after a flash. Then, when you log into Facebook you'd just relink your contacts.

So...restore your data and contacts. Then go to the People Tab, click "All People" and go to the Events [social networking] Tab. You should be able to sign in and relink everyone.

If that login fails, try logging into Facebook through your contact card. Once you're logged in, you'd only need to go to that Events page and it automatically compares your facebook friends with your stored contacts...that's how they get linked.

If you've done this before, you'd do the same thing after a flash. As far as I know, there's no way off a fresh flash for the device to automatically sign you into Facebook and update itself. ...and even then, you'd need contacts on your phone first for Facebook to link up.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:50 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Install shutxp and it takes over the process from slide to shutdown.
Both small apps so no worries.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

likeminas is just getting started

Anyone having problems missing calls with the new rom?
Old 11-11-2009, 12:53 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I use spb backup to backup my contacts but this should be true for any contact backup app.
The facebook links and pic info should get backed up as well.
Works for me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro