PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2009, 04:47 PM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

I tried a new SIP in the latest ROM.. seems T9 is crappy and the contact picker still doesnt work right. Does anyone have a suggestion or a cab on what ezinput package works BEST for your Herman ? HTC only please.. no fingerkeyboard or other third party SIPs. Thanks

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

aycc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Is there any CAB that I can use to uninstall the software that I don't need for my phone? Or whatever is cooked can't be uninstalled?
Old 11-15-2009, 04:57 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMayo View Post
When you use PhonEx, do you have to disable anything with the built in dialer? I installed it and when I called myself, the phonex caller id screen and the built in caller id screen kept flashing back and forth for a second and the stock caller id stayed up until my vm picked up...
In phonex got to phone pad and it gives you an option to disable the WM dialer. Doing so disables the other dialers as well, so the only one running is phonex. Working great for me. The only issue is when you have to do ## codes, they don't work from phonex so I simpy re-enable the WM dialer and do teh ## codes from there.

Iconsoft had a promotion going on last month - and may still be going on now - that if you "blogged" 4 or more times about their product, they would issue you a free license code. I downloaded the trial, blogged and submitted my links and in a couple days they sent me a reg code. FYI, it was my email address. but I think it gets switched on their end though.

Sorry to go a bit OT, but it is a working solution for me for this rom at the moment.

Daivd
Old 11-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
Here's is another fix you guys should do. To illustrate, click on the new txt message icon in the messaging tab. Now start typing a name in the to field for a contact which has no email address, just a phone number. The contact will not come up.
Make the following change and try again.

From XDA:

Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback
Have you tried the registry setting in the Messaging Client to disable the HTC Contact Picker? You should then be able to add a recipient just fine.
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Jataayu\Messaging]
"HTCContactPicker"=dword:00000001 ;CHANGE TO dword:00000000

Maybe Root can cab this up as my laptop doesn't have the software I need to do so.

Thanks for the tip but i checked it on mine and it was already set to 0
Should it be 1?

David
Old 11-15-2009, 05:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
I tried a new SIP in the latest ROM.. seems T9 is crappy and the contact picker still doesnt work right. Does anyone have a suggestion or a cab on what ezinput package works BEST for your Herman ? HTC only please.. no fingerkeyboard or other third party SIPs. Thanks
NRG - I used EZInput 2.0.33633.0 and Calk's kitchen with good results on a 23506 M2.5 ROM.
Also, until a good contact picker is found, If you disable the HTC Contact picker in the registry and click on Menu > Add Recipient in messaging you get a contact picker which will at least show all of the contacts. Not just ones with email addresses.

I posted the reg a few pages back.

Edit: WOW timing? Reg is right above this post.

Last edited by ahuskins; 11-15-2009 at 05:14 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

yourborfrombk is a n00b

im loving the rom but whats up with the animated wallpapers an the fullscreen home....an how about that good old fashion fm radio on the touch pro lmao! im serious about the first 2 though!
Old 11-15-2009, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: Provider

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
It sounded like most people who complained about the keyboard installed the Juicy47 keyboard from the main thread attachments and stopped complaining. It's HTC version 2.0.33633
Old 11-15-2009, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

blazin_diva400 is just getting started

Quote:
NRG - I used EZInput 2.0.33633.0 and Calk's kitchen with good results on a 23506 M2.5 ROM.
Also, until a good contact picker is found, If you disable the HTC Contact picker in the registry and click on Menu > Add Recipient in messaging you get a contact picker which will at least show all of the contacts. Not just ones with email addresses.

I posted the reg a few pages back.

Edit: WOW timing? Reg is right above this post.
yea this way does seems to work, just a little more time consuming lol
Old 11-15-2009, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

chuque is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch
For those who have used maxx mod 2.5, which version did you use? Is it the premium for build 2.51919xxx?
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrewdown View Post
yup dats da one
I installed Max manila 2.51929255 and it has been working good so far. I have noticed a good bit of lag when I use my moblier to export my phone to my desktop, but not lag on the device itself.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

blazin_diva400 is just getting started

Quote:
OK, here's another one for you. This one is for those on 6.5.1 ONLY!

Instructions:
Move the posfix.lnk file in Windows\Startup to a safe location in case you need to revert.
Unzip the attached file to Windows\Startup folder
Soft Reset

Here are the results.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Notice: The controls for play and pause do not work. Use the Center Dpad button.
Also, Resco explorer toolbar may be slightly cutoff. It's a work in progress and not by me. I will continue to watch for updates and post back.

Edit: If your manila position wigs out just click on the Interceptor.exe in windows\startup folder, it will say "Position fix terminated" then click again to reenable.
thank you sir, worked like a charm

edit: okay, it seems you have to keep re-enabling the posfix in the start-up folder because whenever i go to text, the manila wigs out.

Last edited by blazin_diva400; 11-15-2009 at 06:59 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro