PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 04:09 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (28002/21869) |Nov21| Sense 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernonlbrown View Post
28004 and 21876 ROMs uploading today from NRG's twitter

Don't know if it is for us but we will see.
Don't want to start a frenzy yet, but it is us.

Quote:
I must be having a homer moment b/c what file am I changing in Opera9?
Haha. OK, I just installed the Opera 10 cab and when I click the Globe on the Internet Tab it opens instead of Opera 9.5 or 7. Anyway...look in your Windows directory and you'll see a file named "Opera9". That, I'm pretty sure is your default Opera program that Manila calls for.

So...install Opera 10. Then, find it [after you installed it], and rename it to "Opera9" and it should become the default.

Rename Opera9 something like "Operaold" so you don't funk anything up.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

vernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to vernonlbrown
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (28002/21869) |Nov21| Sense 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post

Haha. OK, I just installed the Opera 10 cab and when I click the Globe on the Internet Tab it opens instead of Opera 9.5 or 7. Anyway...look in your Windows directory and you'll see a file named "Opera9". That, I'm pretty sure is your default Opera program that Manila calls for.

So...install Opera 10. Then, find it [after you installed it], and rename it to "Opera9" and it should become the default.

Rename Opera9 something like "Operaold" so you don't funk anything up.

OK, thanks I must have got my .cab from some place different then you b/c mine doesn't update the globe.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

lorddaddy84 is keeping up the good worklorddaddy84 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Hope the Black screen bug is gone.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:31 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
OK, thanks I must have got my .cab from some place different then you b/c mine doesn't update the globe.
I think I just grabbed it from the web, but regardless...just install it, move it to the Windows directory [if it isnt already there after installation] and rename it to "Opera9" and it should become the default. I hope. If not...we'll have a new ROM soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorddaddy84 View Post
Hope the Black screen bug is gone.
...don't we all.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch==>Touch Pro==>EVO

BenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Frenzy who just said frenzy!!
Old 11-24-2009, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

lorddaddy84 is keeping up the good worklorddaddy84 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenS View Post
Frenzy who just said frenzy!!
Im playing Fusion Frenzy.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:45 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Bell

Christophe418 is a n00b

Thank you for your responses _sandman, tkedch and ThreeFaces!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _sandman
preferable people who want no glitches prefer the 21xxx builds

212xx = AKU1, all builds leading up to and including WM 6.5
213xx = MOT Motorola
214xx = ????
215xx = SAM Samsung
216xx = HTC
217xx = COM1, continuing dev of 6.5.0.1 – 6.5.0.40
218xx = COM2, continuing dev of 6.5.0.50
219xx = MD, feature branch (unstable features are added here, backported to 218xx – this tree is based on COM1, so older base os code, but the UX code is newer [user experience])
22xxx = SEMC Sony Ericson
230xx = COM3, continuing development of 6.5.0.60
234xx = COM4, continuing development of 6.5.1
236xx = LG Electronics
28xxx =
COM4, continuing development of 6.5.3
Thank you for adding 28xxx!

Ok, do I understand that the more "xxx", the higher the development is done on this version "28"?
So 28002 is very new?

Now what is a COMx ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernonlbrown
28004 and 21876 ROMs uploading today from NRG's twitter

Don't know if it is for us but we will see.

I also believe that 28004 is for us since he was speaking in twitter!
Do you think the 28004 version might solve the problem of black screen with our CDMA HTC Touch Pro?

Quote:
ThreeFaces : I typically run a stable build on my device for daily use and then flash the new stuff to play with it. Eventually, the new stuff catches up to the stability of the old and then I just stick with it.
With what are you changing too rapidly version for fun? Spb Clone? It seems to me that many configurations to change ROM from time to time?

Quote:
tkedch: If you really like 6.5.3 layouts you can try earlier 23xxx builds with 2.5, but if you want stability go with the latest 21869.
I tried the 23504 previously and it seemed pretty stable too, but perhaps slower than the 28002. Any decision to take ... I'll try to compare the benefits me and decide on a version ... Just after having tested 28004!

Chris
Old 11-24-2009, 05:09 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christophe418 View Post
Thank you for your responses _sandman, tkedch and ThreeFaces!

Thank you for adding 28xxx!

Ok, do I understand that the more "xxx", the higher the development is done on this version "28"?
So 28002 is very new?

Now what is a COMx ?

I also believe that 28004 is for us since he was speaking in twitter!
Do you think the 28004 version might solve the problem of black screen with our CDMA HTC Touch Pro?

With what are you changing too rapidly version for fun? Spb Clone? It seems to me that many configurations to change ROM from time to time?

I tried the 23504 previously and it seemed pretty stable too, but perhaps slower than the 28002. Any decision to take ... I'll try to compare the benefits me and decide on a version ... Just after having tested 28004!

Chris
For switching quickly between ROMs, I use a program called SASHIMI, which really just automatically loads up my cabs and registry edits for my configuration. I've become reasonably familiar enough with these builds and sashimi to be able to manually pull out any cabs or registry edits that might cause a conflict with a new ROM.

I always hard reset after flashing a new ROM, so I install something and check it out, then I make whatever adjustments to sashimi that I need, then I hard reset and let the device completely configure itself.

It took about 3 hours to get my configuration set up in Sashimi, but now I can flash a ROM and be up and going in about 15 minutes with all of my cabs and settings.

It's a great program. I hated having to reconfigure my whole device just because I wanted to test a new ROM.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:33 PM
Lurker

smashbottom is a n00b

Does anyone have a cab that adds the tasks button to the top right corner? I tried playing that tetris like game, hit the left key and it wanted me to call someone, I EX out of the phone, have to hit the windows button, games, then click that tetris like game...

Also, is there a way to tab between open browsers of the opera, or do I need to install a different opera? The whole switching between applications or attempting to multitask hasn't been made easy... otherwise the rom is kickass.

Thank you
Old 11-24-2009, 05:39 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashbottom View Post
Does anyone have a cab that adds the tasks button to the top right corner? I tried playing that tetris like game, hit the left key and it wanted me to call someone, I EX out of the phone, have to hit the windows button, games, then click that tetris like game...

Also, is there a way to tab between open browsers of the opera, or do I need to install a different opera? The whole switching between applications or attempting to multitask hasn't been made easy... otherwise the rom is kickass.

Thank you
I don't think you can do exactly what you want, but you can install a 2186x ROM and the whole multitasking thing is much easier. Those builds still have the task manager accessible in the top right. I use those builds primarily for the same reason.

If you can hold out a day, I think we'll be seeing some new ROMs soon.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro