PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

takmsdsm is keeping up the good worktakmsdsm is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to takmsdsm Send a message via AIM to takmsdsm Send a message via MSN to takmsdsm Send a message via Yahoo to takmsdsm
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

anyone else having a problem with received texts just disappearing? not even to the trash, but gone completely. When i go into a thread of messages, all that is there is my messages i have sent out. it has done this multiple times and randomly.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: GALAXY NEXUS
Carrier: Verizon

shaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuff
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rune-san View Post
Look at the link I posted right before you asked this question. I had that problem with MMS too.. Just happened to fix my battery issue as well.
this may sound really stupid, but Im on verizon, sooo i substitute the alltel stuff with verizon right?

edit alright I'm seriously ready to smash my head up against the wall... after installing carrier cab and all that, I cant even send a mms message.. I dont see what Im doing wrong here! I'm getting very frustrated..

Last edited by shaolinsoldier79; 09-04-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by takmsdsm View Post
anyone else having a problem with received texts just disappearing? not even to the trash, but gone completely. When i go into a thread of messages, all that is there is my messages i have sent out. it has done this multiple times and randomly.
Are you on 811? Could be an issue with MMS. Run the MMS uninstall cab, soft reset, install Arcsoft MMS, soft reset. If that doesnt do it you may have to hard reset. This has been posted many times before and that fix comes courtesy of Threefaces.
You also may just want to wait for the new ROM.
with anticipation!
Old 09-04-2009, 09:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tp Custom/BB Tour5.0.230
Carrier: Sprint ;>(

sprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to sprintnerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by appzattak View Post
Let the bodies hit the floor!
Right on brotha let it out.......
Old 09-04-2009, 09:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Bell

drvon is just getting started

I wonder if we will get a update this weekend?

Fingers Crossed
Old 09-04-2009, 09:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvon View Post
I wonder if we will get a update this weekend?

Fingers Crossed
Keep dreaming
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

motocrossyz85 is just getting started

Hey so is there any way I could get a copy of the beta you released NRGZ28?
Old 09-04-2009, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Alltel

rune-san is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to rune-san Send a message via Skype™ to rune-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinsoldier79 View Post
this may sound really stupid, but Im on verizon, sooo i substitute the alltel stuff with verizon right?

edit alright I'm seriously ready to smash my head up against the wall... after installing carrier cab and all that, I cant even send a mms message.. I dont see what Im doing wrong here! I'm getting very frustrated..
Alright, try this ok?

Step 1: Let's remove the old ARCSoft. Run the cab in this thread ok?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=8671

Alright, now you should have the cab removed. So now we'll put on the dcd carrier cab for Verizon.. You can get that here:

http://dcd1182.n715dp.com/index.php?...mann/carriers/

It's the last one on that page. Ok, now that that's done we'll put back on the Verizon specific ARCSoft cab:

http://www.cedonulli.org/msr/essenti...05.0.69.44.cab

Alright, now that that's done stop and see where you're at. The taskbar fixes shouldn't be necessary anymore and a quick search will give you the sms160 cab download if you don't have that (I've never had a problem with it).

You still may want to reflash before doing this at this point since I take it you've already redone your taskbar to a way you may not like? Let me know how it goes
Old 09-04-2009, 10:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: GALAXY NEXUS
Carrier: Verizon

shaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuff

rune-san, Thank you, thank you, thank you, youre the man!!! all is good now. Turns out i was doing everything right . I just had a previous release of dcds cab, and I had a different release of arcsoft.

one more thing what did you mean by this? "I take it you've already redone your taskbar to a way you may not like?" I can customize the taskbar? differently from how it comes in the rom? one thing i did notice now that I'm typing this is, the message sent icon that displays, is not the same as before its just white icon instead of the green check mark...

I love this community. its so nice that people are willing to help newbies like me...
now if someone can tell me how to make screen rotate when i rotate my device i'll be all set...lol
Old 09-04-2009, 11:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Alltel

rune-san is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to rune-san Send a message via Skype™ to rune-san

When you first looked at my directions the step by step process also showed installing the taskbar fixes. I said later in that thread that as of the October dcd carrier cabs that taskbar fixes were no longer necessary. But if you installed them it would change your taskbar icons. If you didn't like them that way then the quickest way to get rid of them would have been to just reflash.

Since you didn't though you're all good

If you want everything on your device to rotate your best bet is Gyrator 2 for the Touch Pro. You can get that cab here:

http://gyrator.brins0.net/getfile.php?version=200812101

It's not perfect. You can go into its settings file (forgot the exact name of the file) and add or remove programs to automatically rotate. Give it a shot. Making sure your accelerometer is well calibrated is the best way to ensure a good experience.

EDIT: Let me clarify that the cab's settings file is already set to rotate everything properly (even the TF3D2 interface itself). The settings file is for the rare app you install that you want supported that isn't or for removing an app that you don't want rotating (Opera's rotation was no longer necessary since Opera has that taken care of itself).

Last edited by rune-san; 09-04-2009 at 11:18 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro