PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2009, 11:46 AM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by austerville View Post
I have NEVER been able to see the weather on my home screen, no matter which ROM I used. I should point out that my city was already in the database, so I just selected it from the clock screen and weather screen. I did notice that on the weather screen it shows city/state, while on the clock screen it just shows city. I wonder whether that's what causes the home page to think that the two cities are not the same? For those of you who've gotten the weather to show up on the home page - did you have to add a custom city? When you view your city on the clock and weather screen do they both show city/state? Thanks
...you mean you haven't been able to see your weather in the Calendar Tab Day-View? ...that's where it should be, not on the home screen. Check out my glorious screen shots!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen27.jpg (71.2 KB, 33 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen28.jpg (86.0 KB, 32 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen29.jpg (71.6 KB, 31 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:49 AM
ThreeFaces

Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighton86 View Post
you just hit the nail on the head....it's GM-5 Eastern time....EVERYTIME. which leads me to think that it's something to do with a conflict with the clock itself....like with the time sync that it has....

i don't know....maybe it REALLY wants to just have the GM-5?
THAT is what you would expect on one of the older builds...stock flash city my good man and let me know if it clears up. In manila 2.0 what you're describing IS the clock issue. I add my custom city, then I hit world clock and it adds "Eastern Time" and sets the clock to THAT instead of my city...thus throwing my world into disarray along with all of my appointments.

Maybe now we can get you to class on time? I hope it clears it up.

EDIT - TRANSLATION: "stock flash city" means flash to stock, hard reset, flash back to NRG, hard reset.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
When you set up your clock...did you use any of the old fixes? ...like the old recommendation to "stop syncing the clock with the network" or whatever it was?

Also, when you say "sync" do you mean with ActiveSync and your PC...or MyPhone? Sync what?

I'm leaning towards recommending one of you dudes try a hard reset [maybe with a reflash] to see if it clears up the issue - any of you have your device "sashimied" and want to take a hit for the home team?
Havent' tried the Network Sync fix. I will try that one first. I eat the Sushi, but want to test the other fix first.

Quote:
I have NEVER been able to see the weather on my home screen, no matter which ROM I used. I should point out that my city was already in the database, so I just selected it from the clock screen and weather screen. I did notice that on the weather screen it shows city/state, while on the clock screen it just shows city. I wonder whether that's what causes the home page to think that the two cities are not the same? For those of you who've gotten the weather to show up on the home page - did you have to add a custom city? When you view your city on the clock and weather screen do they both show city/state? Thanks
My city is a custom add. State is listed on Weather tab, although that is only a text field. You could put "Timbucktu" in the City field and set your zip or city code in the city code field and the weather would download. State is NOT listed on the clock tab. The thing that makes me believe my clock problem is related to network sync is that I can delete all other cities from the worldclock, only displaying my own city, and eventually I will get the city "GMT-12 Kwajal..." added. Don't know why. Just don't want to click on it. After this city is added my clock will eventually download Central timezone and set it as my default (this is from the network sync I believe) then my appts. get screwed up.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

austerville is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
...you mean you haven't been able to see your weather in the Calendar Tab Day-View? ...that's where it should be, not on the home screen. Check out my glorious screen shots!
I see it on the calendar screen, but for some reason I thought that I would see it on the home screen too. If that's not the case then I was confused. Thanks.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:55 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: Verizon.....has anyone seen my Alltel?

leighton86 is a n00b

austerville
N00b

Pocket PC: HTC Toych Pro

just out of curiousity....where did you get your Toych Pro? lol, and how much are they?

Old 09-03-2009, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

J.T. is just getting started

Quote:
I see it on the calendar screen, but for some reason I thought that I would see it on the home screen too. If that's not the case then I was confused. Thanks.
Hmmm...I dont have it on calendar view either

Ever since my hard reset last night my volume keys just scroll up and down...do I need to do another hard reset?

Last edited by J.T.; 09-03-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:03 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
Havent' tried the Network Sync fix. I will try that one first. I eat the Sushi, but want to test the other fix first.

My city is a custom add. State is listed on Weather tab, although that is only a text field. You could put "Timbucktu" in the City field and set your zip or city code in the city code field and the weather would download. State is NOT listed on the clock tab. The thing that makes me believe my clock problem is related to network sync is that I can delete all other cities from the worldclock, only displaying my own city, and eventually I will get the city "GMT-12 Kwajal..." added. Don't know why. Just don't want to click on it. After this city is added my clock will eventually download Central timezone and set it as my default (this is from the network sync I believe) then my appts. get screwed up.
Well, I was thinking not to use the "network sync" fix...I never used it and thought maybe it was causing a conflict when the device was connected to a PC or something. It was a stretch.

I'm still curious to see if a stock flash would clear this up. ...in 2.1 the clock has functioned flawlessly from day one. These random cities getting added to World Clock issues are like what we dealt with in the previous build, which required all of the fixes to get working properly.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:07 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.T. View Post
Hmmm...I dont have it on calendar view either

Ever since my hard reset last night my volume keys just scroll up and down...do I need to do another hard reset?
When you select a day of this week, like tomorrow, you don't see it? Weather should only update the calendar day view for like the next five days or something.

How did you set everything up? Do you have multiple cities in the Weather Tab by chance? Try setting things up for only your custom city. If the settings are correct, try refreshing the weather tab and then going back and seeing if the weather pops up for tomorrow in the calendar day-view. If not, soft reset and try again...lemme know if any of that helps.

...and what do you mean your volume keys scroll up and down? Scroll programs? They don't change the volume?
Old 09-03-2009, 12:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

austerville is becoming a great contributor
Smile Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighton86 View Post
austerville
N00b

Pocket PC: HTC Toych Pro

just out of curiousity....where did you get your Toych Pro? lol, and how much are they?
My typing teacher gave it to me
Old 09-03-2009, 12:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

J.T. is just getting started

Only have one city set up. And refresh and soft reset did nada for me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro