PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 11:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH
Carrier: Sprint

HTC_TOUCH89 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to HTC_TOUCH89 Send a message via MSN to HTC_TOUCH89
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23071/21864) ** | Oct 22nd | Manila 2.1

Hey whats up. I have updated to the latest version of this room and have found a few problems.

The first one has to do with the slide out keyboard not working at times. and The phone freezes and when i try to hit the home button or any button it just makes a CLICK sound so the Phone has to be soft reset again.

Just thought i would mention it.

Tony...
Old 10-24-2009, 11:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

yerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23071/21864) ** | Oct 22nd | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Why do we install Showcase?
Because it works better than the WM task manager IMO anyway.
Plus it does give us more options.
lol....he was asking why you install Showcase because there is no need to install it.....Showcase is COOKED into the ROM. on a stock flash it is opened by long press of the start button....

if you have installed Showcase, and are experiencing weirdness, i would "uninstall" it. it will still be there, as it is cooked in. and i believe it is a newer version than what has been posted in this thread ~20 times.....1.0.1 is and old version.....the latest is 1.1.0 and is most likely the version cooked in the ROM. you guys are overwriting Showcase with older files....

i can see why people missed this because the change log hasn't been updated for recent builds, but the xda thread for either Raph or Rhodium lists changes.

Last edited by yerp; 10-25-2009 at 12:01 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

kilen is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to kilen

Hey everyone! I've got a quick question that may or may not be specific to this ROM. When I'm in a call and I hit Menu>Record, where do I go to find that recording?
EVO 4G > Sprint Hero > Sprint Touch Pro > Sprint Treo Pro > Sprint Touch Pro > Sprint Touch Diamond > Sprint Touch > AT&T Tilt > AT&T Blackjack II > Blackberry Pearl > Dell X51 > Dell X5 > HP iPaq > Palm IIIxe > Palm Pilot
Old 10-25-2009, 12:00 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Awesome friends.
Glad it worked for you.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: USSC

allamerican2302 is becoming a great contributor

SMS menu keeps freezing!

Grr

Fix?

Old 10-25-2009, 12:53 AM
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerp View Post
lol....he was asking why you install Showcase because there is no need to install it.....Showcase is COOKED into the ROM. on a stock flash it is opened by long press of the start button....

if you have installed Showcase, and are experiencing weirdness, i would "uninstall" it. it will still be there, as it is cooked in. and i believe it is a newer version than what has been posted in this thread ~20 times.....1.0.1 is and old version.....the latest is 1.1.0 and is most likely the version cooked in the ROM. you guys are overwriting Showcase with older files....

i can see why people missed this because the change log hasn't been updated for recent builds, but the xda thread for either Raph or Rhodium lists changes.
Ok but here is the thing.
The one cooked in Showcase doesn't have the Showcase Settings cooked in as well.
In order to get the Settings you must install the cab.
Unless I missed something it isn't there.

I want to be able to have it setup and hidden on the taskbar that way the close button is there.
Other wise you will have to open Showcase manually to close open apps.

That is the reason for installing Showcase.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:09 AM
The Rootinator

I just downloaded the newest version and it doesn't include the settings either.
Only the older version has the taskbar options I guess.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:14 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilen View Post
Hey everyone! I've got a quick question that may or may not be specific to this ROM. When I'm in a call and I hit Menu>Record, where do I go to find that recording?
First make sure you are actually recording, the "Record" button may not do it, there is also a "Start Recording" that you may have to hit instead, scroll down for it. Try Record first, that one DOESNT work for me, after the call go to My Documents/Recording if nothing is there, make another call and use Start Recording, that shoud do it.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:30 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerp View Post

@ Anyone-am I missing something? I jump over to xda regularly and 1) I wouldnt trust any changelog on a Rhodium ROM (the last one I can find is 10/19) to apply to us and 2) Our Raph cousins 1st post only has a change log from 10/14 (and even if it was 1022 there could still be discrepancies with us and them)
Just looking for info so please school me.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:53 AM
The Rootinator

I really see no difference in Showcase 1.0.1 and 1.1.0 besides the lack on Settings and maybe a new vibrate on starting via Start menu.
Yep, that is what I want.

I have haptic feedback on anyways. LOL

Have a close app option on the taskbar is what most of us really want I think.
Could be wrong.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro