PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 07:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

impulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnicholson1 View Post
Is there a way to disable the "NEW" text messaging screen? I like the old 6.1-6.5 threaded text messaging. Which this ROM has, but it also has integrated a new one that I am not so fond of.

Could someone please provide me with a .cab file or instructions on how to do this?

Thanks in advance guys!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=70428
Old 09-02-2009, 07:58 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamidxa View Post
Normally as in the stock ROM or as in say Mighty ROM.

For example, if I answer a call with Mighty ROM, screen stays on for about 30 seconds (based on inactivity as long as I dont press anything), then screen turns off during the call (once more based on inactivity), and no matter whether the screen is by my face, ear, nose, throat, upside down, moving, still, in pitch black, or in direct sunlight, it will stay off until I hit the power button to turn the screen on again while STILL in the middle of the phone call.

Ive noticed Energy ROM has some app or setting that alters this behavior, hence a deviation from the norm.

I simply dont want to sit there fighting with the d-pad and sensors trying to turn the screen off and/or on, as this can be a hit/miss based on my experience, and the screen seems to do whatever it wants to do half the time anyways.

I really prefer the default method of handling this, and there has to be a way to get rid of the implementation in this ROM.
The feature in question works perfectly for me, no issues. So aside from what I've already posted, I don't know of any other reason for it not to work. Good luck.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

nmarrero77 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
Well It's gonna go to 20,000 pretty soon then, because the flood gates will open again. Muhahahah :P

I feel like im in some kinda EnergyROM asylum patiently awaiting the prophet... LOL Thank You Sir...
Old 09-02-2009, 08:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

hamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
The feature in question works perfectly for me, no issues. So aside from what I've already posted, I don't know of any other reason for it not to work. Good luck.
O.K.

Try this.

In the middle of a call try to minimize the call screen and go to the Start screen (or Titanium or TF3D, shouldnt matter where you go really).

When I do that, after about 5 seconds, the screen goes black. I have to hit either the center D-pad button or the power button to bring it back up.

Furthermore, after I do turn the screen back on, it randomly decides when it wants to turn off again, regardless of whether or not I touch anything else.

It keeps doing this so long as a phone call is active in the background while I browse around files and folders elsewhere.

Many times during phone calls, I need to retrieve info stored on my phone (be it notes or what have you) and it's really infuriating when the screen goes black all of a sudden when I try to access them, and repeats this behavior any time I venture outside of the call window.

Like I said, this must have something to do with a tweak or sensor setting because the stock rom (nor Mighty ROM) doesnt have this issue.

Edit:
Admittedly this doesnt happen every single time, but it's the randomness of it that is a bit vexing.

Last edited by hamidxa; 09-02-2009 at 08:38 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:41 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamidxa View Post
O.K.

Try this.

In the middle of a call try to minimize the call screen and go to the Start screen (or Titanium or TF3D, shouldnt matter where you go really).

When I do that, after about 5 seconds, the screen goes black. I have to hit either the center D-pad button or the power button to bring it back up.

Furthermore, after I do turn the screen back on, it randomly decides when it wants to turn off again, regardless of whether or not I touch anything else.

It keeps doing this so long as a phone call is active in the background while I browse around files and folders elsewhere.

Many times during phone calls, I need to retrieve info stored on my phone (be it notes or what have you) and it's really infuriating when the screen goes black all of a sudden when I try to access them, and repeats this behavior any time I venture outside of the call window.

Like I said, this must have something to do with a tweak or sensor setting because the stock rom (nor Mighty ROM) doesnt have this issue.

Edit:
Admittedly this doesnt happen every single time, but it's the randomness of it that is a bit vexing.
I hear ya, I tried to recreate (one call) but couldnt. My screen stays on unless it's to my ear.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

djdafreund is keeping up the good workdjdafreund is keeping up the good work

I would agree with the "Next Release date?" question. I develop a bunch with PC software for free also, and normally don't care too much about asking that question since free work is ALWAYS appreciated by me, BUT i would love to know what's on your mind with a new release? By this i mean, if nothing major was in plans for a new release, since only so much is currently out there from such a fantastic NGR3.0 release ROM we currently have, and is definitely my favorite, but was mostly actually wondering if you thought of at least releasing a newer one with WM6.5 build 23037 as the OS, that way you wouldn't have to really do much overall, and everything else is fine as is. Or are you just preferring to wait until Yozgatz releases his Gen.Y Manilla R1.5 release to include in addition? I've briefly toyed with WM6.5 build 23037 and already prefer it over build 23014( or 2301? i believe it is.) Just because i love the start button on bottom and also the feel of the new button's on the bottom.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:55 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

My screen stays lit when not up to my face as well.
At least I haven't had a problem yet.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

hamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
I hear ya, I tried to recreate (one call) but couldnt. My screen stays on unless it's to my ear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
My screen stays lit when not up to my face as well.
At least I haven't had a problem yet.

So to confirm, as long as I don't lift the phone up to my face/ear, the screen should remain on, correct?

Well, how about if I want to draw the phone closer to my face/mouth but also be able to browse files and read off notes? When doing this very thing, thats when the screen goes black, and that happens to be just the very thing I don't want it to do. I mean I could set the phone down on a flat surface, but thats inconvenient, because sometimes I walk and talk, and need to access info off the phone, and not to mention the fact that holding the phone at a distance makes it difficult to read text off of it, and when I draw it closer to my face again to read off it (ex. number or message), then BAM! Screen goes black.

This ROM would be enough to hold me over for a lonnnnng time if I could just disable that stupid sensor/tweak/setting/whatever the hell is causing this!

Last edited by hamidxa; 09-02-2009 at 09:19 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I have found this "Aug11" to be the most stable and battery efficient version of the "energy rom" Builds.

I hope next version can keep this level of polish.

Other roms with newer version OS have new bugs.
I dont think the newer MS OS with the startmenu on bottom works well Bcause it feels like its upside down, and the task mngr is hidden in top right corner, and less capable, and the topbar is just do less and now our custom taskbars are worthless.

I think it is a big blunder MS F-ed it all up.
Only good idea was larger buttons.

Anyway I look forward to a new release

Last edited by Maxx134; 09-02-2009 at 09:27 AM. Reason: typos
Old 09-02-2009, 09:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

pljansma is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pljansma View Post
NGRZ28, I Absolutely love this ROM, but I would love to be able to remove a few of the push pages set up on the internet tab. Is there anyway via a reg edit or some other way I can remove the youtube, bing, beejiveim, nrgz28 on twitter, messenger, rss hub push pages?
Any ideas on how to fix this folks?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro