PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 09:20 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamidxa View Post
So to confirm, as long as I don't lift the phone up to my face/ear, the screen should remain on, correct?

Well, how about if I want to draw the phone closer to my face/mouth but also be able to browse files and read off notes? When doing this very thing, thats when the screen goes black, and that happens to be just the very thing I don't want it to do. I mean I could set the phone down on a flat surface, but thats inconvenient, because sometimes I walk and talk, and need to access info off the phone, and not to mention the fact that holding the phone at a distance makes it difficult to read text off of it, and when I draw it closer to my face again to read off it (ex. number or message), then BAM! Screen goes black.

This ROM would be enough to hold me over for a lonnnnng time if I could just disable that stupid sensor/tweak/setting/whatever the hell is causing this!
I don't remember if this program was included in th ROM when I last used it

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=488991

It has options to keep the phone on during calls.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:23 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

When I move the device away from my face about a second or two later the screen lights back up.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EV0 4g

teich1602 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pljansma View Post
NGRZ28, I Absolutely love this ROM, but I would love to be able to remove a few of the push pages set up on the internet tab. Is there anyway via a reg edit or some other way I can remove the youtube, bing, beejiveim, nrgz28 on twitter, messenger, rss hub push pages?

I believe there is a cab on the 3rd post that will at least remove bing, beejiveim, etc. Look for "Original Internet tab" Hope this works for ya
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

hamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob View Post
I don't remember if this program was included in th ROM when I last used it

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=488991

It has options to keep the phone on during calls.
After some investigation, I think that's the VERY app that's causing this problem, and since I was unfamiliar with it before, I didn't recognize the cause of the problem initially.

The problem however is that NRGZ has indeed cooked this into his ROM so I cant even uninstall it, and the app has no disable feature.

I'll try to install the latest one, and then try to use the override command to see if that helps. But quite frankly, I'd really prefer a disable/remove option.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:36 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I did install In call Screen Tweaks cab as well as the In call app.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker

hamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
I did install In call Screen Tweaks cab as well as the In call app.
In call Screen Tweaks app is built into the 08/11 ROM (first Energy ROM ive used to date, so not sure about previous ones).

If you go to:
Start > Utilities > Tweaks > InCall Power Manager

That will launch: "Touch InCall Screen Tweak v.1.1.2.0"
Old 09-02-2009, 09:53 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamidxa View Post
After some investigation, I think that's the VERY app that's causing this problem, and since I was unfamiliar with it before, I didn't recognize the cause of the problem initially.

The problem however is that NRGZ has indeed cooked this into his ROM so I cant even uninstall it, and the app has no disable feature.

I'll try to install the latest one, and then try to use the override command to see if that helps. But quite frankly, I'd really prefer a disable/remove option.
Did you try the Ignore Light sensor option? I'm guessing but this may help make it more stable overall as well as when you bring it close to your face?
Old 09-02-2009, 10:07 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Is anyone able to user one dialer with this rom? It wont connect for me...
Old 09-02-2009, 10:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

wphend00 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to wphend00 Send a message via AIM to wphend00 Send a message via MSN to wphend00 Send a message via Yahoo to wphend00

So when will we see a new ROM? I have been using Your August 2nd version for a while now... and it has stood the test of time, just fine...
Old 09-02-2009, 10:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Did you try the Ignore Light sensor option? I'm guessing but this may help make it more stable overall as well as when you bring it close to your face?
Will try it.
Thanks for your patience and your help, as this app was entirely new to me and caught me off guard in the middle of a phone call last night.

However, now that I've played around with it a bit more, I think it could grow on me after all. By Mennen!!

To quote George Costanza:

Quote:
George: What's the difference? You know they way I work, I'm like a commercial jingle. First it's a little irritating, then you hear it a few times, you hum it in the shower, by the third date it's
"By Mennen!".

Edit:
Out of curiosity, should I also check the box that says: Ignore first screen off?
I read the help file, and while it sounds useful on paper so to speak, not sure how it works in practice (haven't tested extensively enough). What do you think?

Last edited by hamidxa; 09-02-2009 at 10:21 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro