PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 12:32 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
May I ask what benefit do you get from using any of the lock screen apps? I have used S2u2 and the built in lockscreen but why wouldn't you just hit the power/sleep button?

Just wondering if I'm missing something huge here.
I have to use S2U2 because for some reason no matter what tweak program, hack or edit I have tried the dang thing wakes up on a new sms/mms/CALL. So if its in my pocket, I am a pocket guy, and I get a call or txt it wakes up and if I don't have a locker bad things happen(ed)! This isn't an energyRom issue since every single ROM I have flashed had the same issue, so I quit even trying to win that battle!

Then I got wind of this ROM made by some elusive chef that makes users forget there even are other chefs and/or ROMS and constantly look for an update to something that realy doesn't need much updating in hopes of seeing just what the king of NRG cooks up............. Intervention anyone????
Old 09-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touchpro
Carrier: sprint

carzev is a n00b
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Originally Posted by pljansma
NGRZ28, I Absolutely love this ROM, but I would love to be able to remove a few of the push pages set up on the internet tab. Is there anyway via a reg edit or some other way I can remove the youtube, bing, beejiveim, nrgz28 on twitter, messenger, rss hub push pages?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pljansma View Post
Any ideas on how to fix this folks?
This was originally posted by Three Faces:

...check post #3 in this thread to see a preview of the original. OR...post #6213 from ASKWHY on page 622 - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=6213

He created the Internet Tab we're using and has some instructions for editing the entries.

-This worked for me.

Last edited by carzev; 09-02-2009 at 12:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

trip is just getting started

been using this rom for 2-3 weeks now and i love what NRG did with it, but little annoying things happen periodically and things start to slow down after a while.

if i soft reset every morning im fine... im guessing the issues are just 6.5 bugs... does everyone else soft reset every day... any issues with keeping it running for a week or two at a time?

i did not have any of these issues on 6.1 roms
Old 09-02-2009, 01:10 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip View Post
been using this rom for 2-3 weeks now and i love what NRG did with it, but little annoying things happen periodically and things start to slow down after a while.

if i soft reset every morning im fine... im guessing the issues are just 6.5 bugs... does everyone else soft reset every day... any issues with keeping it running for a week or two at a time?

i did not have any of these issues on 6.1 roms
It's not the ROM, IMO. I've been running since 8/11 and have SR 5-6 times but I feel it's due to mods I've made. Again, IMO, I dont trust the manilla 2.x mods yet, they're pretty new. They may appear stable and not cause big crashes but it seems to me the more 2.x "safe" mods I made the more the little quirks showed up needing SR (dont want to name them as this is purely my opinion). This ROM is rock solid and after some testing the only mod I love is cmylxgo's Pimp package, NO SR needed. Cant give a more scientific explanation, just what I see.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:12 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Cleanram will help keep you from the need to soft reset.
Winmo has memory leaks and that will restore it and clear unresponsive apps.
Hardly ever soft reset here.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tp Custom/BB Tour5.0.230
Carrier: Sprint ;>(

sprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to sprintnerd

[QUOTE=winmonewbie;1135390]It's not the ROM, IMO. I've been running since 8/11 and have SR 5-6 times but I feel it's due to mods I've made. Again, IMO, I dont trust the manilla 2.x mods yet, they're pretty new. They may appear stable and not cause big crashes but it seems to me the more 2.x "safe" mods I made the more the little quirks showed up needing SR (dont want to name them as this is purely my opinion). This ROM is rock solid and after some testing the only mod I love is cmylxgo's Pimp package, NO SR needed. Cant give a more scientific explanation, just what I see.[/QUOTE

+1 I have to agree 100% it not the Rom it's the user 9 out of 10 times. IMO
Old 09-02-2009, 01:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

[QUOTE=sprintnerd;1135417]
Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
It's not the ROM, IMO. I've been running since 8/11 and have SR 5-6 times but I feel it's due to mods I've made. Again, IMO, I dont trust the manilla 2.x mods yet, they're pretty new. They may appear stable and not cause big crashes but it seems to me the more 2.x "safe" mods I made the more the little quirks showed up needing SR (dont want to name them as this is purely my opinion). This ROM is rock solid and after some testing the only mod I love is cmylxgo's Pimp package, NO SR needed. Cant give a more scientific explanation, just what I see.[/QUOTE

+1 I have to agree 100% it not the Rom it's the user 9 out of 10 times. IMO
Well I'm running pretty much stock except for lumos and crack*****s snooze options.

crack*****s snooze options does break the new notification window and reverts back to old 6.1, i guess that could cause issues... but i cannot stand not having additional snooze options

is the lack of snooze options a manila 2.1 standard thing now? is it the same on all 6.5 + 2.1 roms now?
Old 09-02-2009, 01:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

is there any fix to set the focus to the text entry field when you hit "reply" to a new text message notification window

currently I have to manually move the focus to the text entry field before I start entering text.

hitting reply also brings up the old winmo text entry screen versus the manila one you would see when going to it via the slidebar
Old 09-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tp Custom/BB Tour5.0.230
Carrier: Sprint ;>(

sprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to sprintnerd

[QUOTE=trip;1135427]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintnerd View Post

Well I'm running pretty much stock except for lumos and crack*****s snooze options.

crack*****s snooze options does break the new notification window and reverts back to old 6.1, i guess that could cause issues... but i cannot stand not having additional snooze options

is the lack of snooze options a manila 2.1 standard thing now? is it the same on all 6.5 + 2.1 roms now?

What are you using for your alarm clock?
Old 09-02-2009, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

[QUOTE=sprintnerd;1135462]
Quote:
Originally Posted by trip View Post

What are you using for your alarm clock?
whatever is built into the rom

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro