PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 03:45 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

You are welcome.

It is really fluid and fast as well as being eye catching.
I set the Clock and date on the first screen and slid the home page to the side and added notification widgets there. Any other widgets will go on my third page.
Nice and clean UI.

Still trying to figure out the weather and RSS widgets.

What I really like about this is that it works as a today plugin just like TF3D and you can switch back and forth without any problems or loss of settings.
That is a good thing.

Last edited by rootlinux; 09-10-2009 at 04:04 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

This rom is great but I'm having two issues

1. When using the SIP in the old 8/11 NRG rom when you pressed a letter it would show a larger one (like the iphone keyboard) now it doesn't do that.

2. Sometimes when I go to end a call pressing either the end button hardware or software does not do anything but exit out the screen. The person is still on call and the little Phone icon with the bars next to it is still displayed. Almost got myself in a bit of trouble thinking that the phone hung up.

To solve issue number 2 I have to soft reset. This happens at least once a day. It used to happen in the 8/11 ROM and I was hoping it'd be fixed in this one.
You know me? I can spot a Swan from a Duck
My approach? Smoother than an Armani tux
Old 09-10-2009, 03:49 PM
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prez View Post
Hi!

I apologize if this has been answered but, I can not fathom looking through 1000+ pages to find a answer so I'll take my chances and ask.

I just flashed this rom by unlocking first and then flashing. I had some difficulties getting Windows Mobile Device to sync but after an uninstall and reinstall it worked fine. My phone flashed fine, initial load up was great and I checked out all the goodies in the programs section and then restored my backup of info with HTC Backup Data.

The phone appeared a bit slow so I decided to perform a hard reset.

Well, this is where trouble has begun.

I am currently stuck on the "TOUCH Pro" screen with the red version numbers. It has been this way for quite awhile now. I tried soft booting again and it's remains the same.

Help! =)

Thank you for any suggestions.
You will probably have to manually go into the bootloader and re-flash.
Try another hard reset and if that doesn't work re-flash it.

Something in your backup must not be compatible and caused the error.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:53 PM
The Rootinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoRich196 View Post

1. When using the SIP in the old 8/11 NRG rom when you pressed a letter it would show a larger one (like the iphone keyboard) now it doesn't do that.

2. Sometimes when I go to end a call pressing either the end button hardware or software does not do anything but exit out the screen. The person is still on call and the little Phone icon with the bars next to it is still displayed. Almost got myself in a bit of trouble thinking that the phone hung up.

To solve issue number 2 I have to soft reset. This happens at least once a day. It used to happen in the 8/11 ROM and I was hoping it'd be fixed in this one.
For problem 1 not sure what is up.
I would try fingerkeyboard and see if you like it.
That is all I use.

Problem 2 was talked about just a few pages back.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Prez is a n00b

I can not see my phone on my computer now. I tried the uninstall and reinstall of WMD software and it didn't work this time.

How do I access the phone again?

Uggg, I am so sorry if I have taken time away from anyone who is helping (thank you rootlinux) If pm's are more appropriate, that's fine with me.

It remains on the screen mentioned above and it will not trun off holding down the Power Button. It seems I can only use the soft reset button.

What have I done.....

Last edited by Prez; 09-10-2009 at 03:57 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

webboy is a n00b

Just downloaded rom AVG reports backdoor trojan... False positive?
Old 09-10-2009, 03:58 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoRich196 View Post

...for problem 1, you are correct, it does not do that now. I believe this would have something to do with the SIP package used in this version of the ROM. Try what rootlinx recommended or what I do is slide out that $100 keyboard I paid for. [joking...but not entirely] ...I am feeling you on the pop up letters, though, I do like that feature to reduce mistyping and hope we see it addressed in the next release.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:59 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by webboy View Post
Haha...yea, it's AVG, not the ROM files. Search the thread and Google if you don't trust me [I might not]. It was discussed in far too much detail in the past 10 or so pages.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:04 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prez View Post
I can not see my phone on my computer now. I tried the uninstall and reinstall of WMD software and it didn't work this time.

How do I access the phone again?

Uggg, I am so sorry if I have taken time away from anyone who is helping (thank you rootlinux) If pm's are more appropriate, that's fine with me.

It remains on the screen mentioned above and it will not trun off holding down the Power Button. It seems I can only use the soft reset button.

What have I done.....
No need to worry. Try plugging the phone into your computer via USB, then put the phone into bootloader mode [the tri color screen]...in bootloader, it should say "USB" at the bottom. If it does, then you're good to flash.

Try that.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:06 PM
The Rootinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by webboy View Post
AVG gives a false positive yes.
It was discussed here already and was quite funny.
Search it and get a laugh at AVG.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro