PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to jmy72 Send a message via Yahoo to jmy72
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saidin69@hotmail.com View Post
I have been using enery Roms for quite some time now and love them. I just flashed this ROM today to try the newest 6.5 functions. Works fantastic so far. ( Demolisions 6.5.1 ) Good luck.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=66799

Is it me or does this just seem ignorant? Good for you, glad you like Demo's ROM, Maybe you should post your pleasure over on his thread. I mean seriously, Do you go to Applebee's and say, I have been coming here for a long time, but Damn, I gotta start goin over to TGI Friday's, to the waitress, and expect them not to spit in your food?
Old 09-16-2009, 01:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

vernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to vernonlbrown
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murducky View Post
what rom are you using that has the new windows build?
I wanted to see what the fuss was about so I downloaded JMZTAYLOR's maila 2.5. Here is the link http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=84394. Although this is a beta build the problems I did find in it, I don't use.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel---->VZW

jkcsho is just getting started

im kinda new @ this so if this has already been covered slap me. i cant send pics or video over mms. ne ideas?
Old 09-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

DiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmy72 View Post
Is it me or does this just seem ignorant? Good for you, glad you like Demo's ROM, Maybe you should post your pleasure over on his thread. I mean seriously, Do you go to Applebee's and say, I have been coming here for a long time, but Damn, I gotta start goin over to TGI Friday's, to the waitress, and expect them not to spit in your food?
I think you read it wrong. They are just simply saying that if you want to see the new features of Manila 2.5, try that ROM to get a feel of the changes.

|Sprint 'Evo'|
|Follow me on Twitter @LarkNoVoorhies|
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:00 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Well here are my first thoughts with 9/6.
The right softkey by default goes to call history instead of contacts like the 9/5.
I can change that but for some reason it will not let me use any other contact manager this way. Not sure why.

Tapping on a sms preview takes you right to winmo messaging instead of manila which I like better than winmo messaging.
Winmo tends to freak out with long threads.

Just my first thoughts.
9/5 seems better to me.

Will try to work out these issues and give it a little while before I flash either back to 9/5 or test another rom again.

ROM looks beautiful as always and runs very fast.

Last edited by rootlinux; 09-16-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:05 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcsho View Post
im kinda new @ this so if this has already been covered slap me. i cant send pics or video over mms. ne ideas?

You should def check out Threefaces start up gudide. Search for any of his posts and it is in his sig. Basically you need to run the uninstall MMS cab then install something like ARCSOFT MMS. That's for Sprint anyway, I'm pretty sure Verizon is the same. Search and ye shall find!
Old 09-16-2009, 02:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro
Carrier: sprint

faceoff101 is a n00b
Thumbs down Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

what happen to the mp3 trimmer?
Old 09-16-2009, 02:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: sprint

echap10613 is just getting started

Is thier a way to re download the 9-5 version, I liked that version a lot and really liked the look. Everything worked fine on my TP on that version.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

DiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by faceoff101 View Post
what happen to the mp3 trimmer?
I still have it under the Multimedia folder.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:32 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Well here are my first thoughts with 9/6.
The right softkey by default goes to call history instead of contacts like the 9/5.
I can change that but for some reason it will not let me use any other contact manager this way. Not sure why.

Tapping on a sms preview takes you right to winmo messaging instead of manila which I like better than winmo messaging.
Winmo tends to freak out with long threads.

Just my first thoughts.
9/5 seems better to me.

Will try to work out these issues and give it a little while before I flash either back to 9/5 or test another rom again.

ROM looks beautiful as always and runs very fast.
I still don't understand what you dudes are seeing in 9/5. ...I'm on 9/6, it's stable and working with all of the fixes in the changelog.

Clicking SMS preview brings up manila texting for me [by default]...unless you installed a mod or cab that might redirect it to winmo. Like, the sms zoom cab...it gives me the benefit of increasing the font size on the SMS tab, but tapping the preview opens winmo. Personally, winmo has "my text", so I like that better...even though the new manila looks nicer.

I think recommending new users go to 9/5 would ultimately cause more headaches than not. ...dudes that know what fixes need to be applied to get it gold are cool, but otherwise, we should assume everyone is on the current build, no?

It just makes it seem like 9/6 and 9/5 are drastically different and that hasn't been my experience.

Last edited by ThreeFaces; 09-16-2009 at 02:43 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro