View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 02:32 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Well here are my first thoughts with 9/6.
The right softkey by default goes to call history instead of contacts like the 9/5.
I can change that but for some reason it will not let me use any other contact manager this way. Not sure why.

Tapping on a sms preview takes you right to winmo messaging instead of manila which I like better than winmo messaging.
Winmo tends to freak out with long threads.

Just my first thoughts.
9/5 seems better to me.

Will try to work out these issues and give it a little while before I flash either back to 9/5 or test another rom again.

ROM looks beautiful as always and runs very fast.
I still don't understand what you dudes are seeing in 9/5. ...I'm on 9/6, it's stable and working with all of the fixes in the changelog.

Clicking SMS preview brings up manila texting for me [by default]...unless you installed a mod or cab that might redirect it to winmo. Like, the sms zoom cab...it gives me the benefit of increasing the font size on the SMS tab, but tapping the preview opens winmo. Personally, winmo has "my text", so I like that better...even though the new manila looks nicer.

I think recommending new users go to 9/5 would ultimately cause more headaches than not. ...dudes that know what fixes need to be applied to get it gold are cool, but otherwise, we should assume everyone is on the current build, no?

It just makes it seem like 9/6 and 9/5 are drastically different and that hasn't been my experience.

Last edited by ThreeFaces; 09-16-2009 at 02:43 PM.