PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 09:57 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Oh yeah.
Recommend updating to the newest NRG rom 9/6 because it totally ROX!
Old 09-17-2009, 10:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

im not sure which version I've been running it for several weeks now.. and by changing on the start screen I mean..I click and hold on the image and my only option is set as start menu background..not as wallpaper I set it and my home screen stays the same but when I press start the background is the pic I want lol... hope that kinda explains.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Samip is a n00b

Wow, just noticed the default ringtone, and i'm loving it.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:16 PM
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouMayLose View Post
im not sure which version I've been running it for several weeks now.. and by changing on the start screen I mean..I click and hold on the image and my only option is set as start menu background..not as wallpaper I set it and my home screen stays the same but when I press start the background is the pic I want lol... hope that kinda explains.
Here is what you have to do if you are using TF3D.
From the main screen, slide the slider bar along the tabs till you get to the settings tab.
Click on Wallpaper selection and then select or browse from there to find the pic you want.
Click it and there ya go.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Is it just me or does this look really ugly?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=517490

Seems like it would be hard to type on the virtual keypad and not accidentally hit the bottom menu bar keys because they look big.

If this is the way 23049 has to be setup then I hope it either works better than it looks or NRG never uses it. LOL

Edit: LOL Forgot to post the link. :/
Yeah I am not diggin' the button look either. I like the concept but the buttons look dumb, especially the ones that are cutoff. And losing the quickimenu or whatever its called usually in the top right is sucky, is there an equivalent in that design?
Old 09-17-2009, 11:33 PM
The Rootinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpueblo View Post
Yeah I am not diggin' the button look either. I like the concept but the buttons look dumb, especially the ones that are cutoff. And losing the quickimenu or whatever its called usually in the top right is sucky, is there an equivalent in that design?
I really have no idea.
All I know is it looks like complete crap.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:39 PM
The Rootinator

Hey NRG

What do you think about adding an action screen like this to the next rom?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=419708

I have added it to mine and it works great.
A fast way to get going with anything new.
The left softkey actually says NEW now. Very nice.

I think we need our own Energy font as well.
Am using a custom font by GODZSON called Hands and it looks superb on here.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jplecko is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
Not sure if it's ROM related or Radio Related... but when my data connection is on this thing EATs up the battery.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to find a different ROM for my phone. If I can make my phone last for 6 hours I'm doing *really* good. I have tried all of the suggest tweaks and even set the email checking to once every 30 minutes. It's too bad, too, since I really like all of the features cooked into this ROM. But between the crappy battery life and the fact that my phone gets hot enough to become almost uncomfortable to hold, I'm ready to ditch this one. If someone can help I'd be happy to keep it.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:53 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

This post is for those who are experiencing very bad battery life with this rom. The one hack that really has done wonders for my phone with this rom is changing the battery poll from 20000 to 25000. This is the same polling on the Mighty roms and I will say it is the savior to me keeping this rom and not going back to Mighty. I have also done the 4 parms regedits as stated in other post and I also have power management enabled all EXCEPT SIM POWER MANAGEMENT. I love Energy's rom but I have gone back and forth from Mighty to Engery for about a month now debating on if I should keep battery life over speed and aesthetics or vice versa. I unplugged my phone today with Energy's rom at 11 am and I am now at 62% at 10:35 pm, and I have used my phone moderately, but mainly texting and I browsed the web for about 15 to 20 minutes, and made two 10 minute phone calls, but I have been texting a lot! And I have done 4 or 5 soft resets because I was in the mist of modding my phone since I have flashed back to this rom for the last time today.
I will be conducting my ultimate battery test tomorrow as I did with Mighty's rom which lasted me 9 hours strong! That is with the backlight turned all the way up and NEVER turning off. Internet browser on in the background, wifi, bluetooth, and I turned except all beams ON. I also had other programs just running in the background and from time to time I would call my voice mail and let it run until it just hung up on its own, and I got 9 hours easy with MightyRom6. I was at about 2 bars when I finally decided to plug my phone up because it was getting late. I will conduct this same test tomorrow on the EnergyRom with my new reg edits. I will post back tomorrow with the results. I hope this helps whoever is having trouble with the battery life and is thinking about switching roms because of it. Please think again and do the regedits stated above, and also the advanced config edits. =D>ENERGYROM=D>
Old 09-18-2009, 12:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: us cellular

theflduck is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
The one hack that really has done wonders for my phone with this rom is changing the battery poll from 20000 to 25000.
How do you do this? i cannot find it in advanced config

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro