PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EV0 4g
Carrier: Sprint

teich1602 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jviola View Post
Yes, I flash to stock, hard reset, flash 9/6, hard reset.....what is "sashimi"? I"m not sure what that is?
utility used to automate installs of cabs,settings, etc. Many a thread go into detail on how to use it
Old 09-17-2009, 02:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EV0 4g

teich1602 is a n00b
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Guess I was too slow
Old 09-17-2009, 02:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

DiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Sashimi was annoying to use. I just use plain old UC to take care of everything.

|Sprint 'Evo'|
|Follow me on Twitter @LarkNoVoorhies|
Old 09-17-2009, 02:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jviola is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBergan View Post
Sashimi is a great app for re-installing your apps, restoring settings, etc. Takes some time to get set up, but after that you save tons of time after a hard reset or new ROM install.

More details for 6.5 with Sashimi here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75214

eric
Thanks for the explanation. Ok. I didn't use Sashimi, but I don't think that should be the cause of the lock up and hard resets. 3 times over a 2 day period.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

shayandaman is a n00b

Where's NRG? I'm itching for a new release with the latest sys build. o_0
Old 09-17-2009, 03:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint EPRP

dicast is keeping up the good workdicast is keeping up the good workdicast is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to dicast

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayandaman View Post
me too
Old 09-17-2009, 04:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamynzNPearlz View Post
Sashimi was annoying to use. I just use plain old UC to take care of everything.
I totally enjoy Sashimi. Works even on ROMs that are not UC compliant. Even if I got a Touch Pro 2 today, I could use it to get me going right out the box.

(OK, that's my say for the Sashimi versus UC discussions that always seem to flair up .)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayandaman View Post
Well we all are waiting for that next release . I figured it would come today, because I just finally flashed to the 9/6 build. Usually once I flash to the latest, a newer one comes out the same day .

I think this statement he made on XDA best addresses the issue of sys builds.

Quote:
I do plan to cook with the stuff eventually. But for now, I like 23016 and the fact that it's still "normal" as we expect from winmo. A lot of apps, are still not fully compatible with the bigger softkey at the bottom....
I think the cook might know best .

Last edited by darnell; 09-17-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:07 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

He is probably either working on other roms for other devices, playing with his new device , working on a new rom for us or maybe just working or relaxing.
He works on roms for all of us so much I hope he takes time to just relax.

We can't expect him to make us a rom every week or so because he has a lot of other projects he does plus the guy needs to have a life. LOL

He doesn't even have a TP anymore so we should be thankful he even does this for us at all now.
We all need to just say thank you NRG.

And ummm I am sure once he gets the time and has some new goodies to pass on to us he will.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:11 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Sashimi works great if you take the time to set it up with all the cabs and reg files.
I use it along with Spb backup and never seem to have any problems.

Sashimi restores all the games/apps and registraions.
Spb backup is great for restoring contacts and email accounts and settings.
Together they make re-setting up your device painless and almost effortless.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: US Cellular

wesleyn is a n00b

I just checked and did not see any applications controlling the sound. It is odd because I can turn it up and down, but the earpiece volume is the same. I must be missing something. This is my first ROM, and I just got rid of my BB a few months ago. I really appreciate the help guys. Let me know if I am maybe missing something. As it stands, this is just the EnergyRom, nothing additional installed. Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro